Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

To heal as an IMP on this server! Or not....

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Server Forums > Jedi Covenant
To heal as an IMP on this server! Or not....

Krozis
12.06.2012 , 07:41 AM | #1
I was having a conversation with some guildies... and PVPers in general about this. (PVP specific post here.)

We know there are VERY few imp PVP healers, even my guild is short of them. I offered to take up the task of trying this out. After being made fun of for about 20 mins (can't repeat half the coversation!) I said I was serious, and that if necessary I would semi-retire my Powertech. (which kind of does leave a hole to fill.)

But the meat of the question is we know how bad Imp side is at playing as a team. Very few 'true' tanks.... not much guarding. Almost zilch for peeling *caveat here: Unless I'm playing with Gilgamesh.

So what do you guys think is the best healing class for PVP in this kind of situation. The situation where you will be often left to your own devices.... most rep teams focus a lot better too, so there's that. I know it could be a miserable life... I've already been harassed by imps trying to heal as a BH for not taking enough aggro! (long story).

I have a Sorc fairly well geared, a half geared Op, and a Bounty Hunter that I can swap all my powertech gear over to. So it's really pretty open.

What do you guys think is the best choice considering how lopsided things are right now?
̿̿'̿̿\̵͇̿̿\= Formerly from a big guild that is now hundreds of tiny guilds. =/̵͇̿̿/'̿̿ ̿ ̿
Krozis \ Vintego \ Vint

johnnyreece
12.06.2012 , 07:48 AM | #2
Recently rolled an op healer. Only level 37 right now, but I'm enjoying healing so far. Has a lot more survivability tools than my sorc, as well.
Neldiahr, Sith Sorcerer Gibsenne, Imperial Operative
Neldienne, Powertech Smash'Kitteh, Meowauder

Krozis
12.06.2012 , 08:14 AM | #3
Don't take this the wrong way but I'm hoping for multiple opinions from lvl 50 healers that are playing Ranked PVP. The amount of focus firing that happens in lowbie vs ranked is night and day.

But it is a valid point that I would be pugging a lot in the beginning to get the hang of it. Survivability is definitely one of the biggest issues for an Imp healer in a typical 15K / 100 expertise pug Imp team.
̿̿'̿̿\̵͇̿̿\= Formerly from a big guild that is now hundreds of tiny guilds. =/̵͇̿̿/'̿̿ ̿ ̿
Krozis \ Vintego \ Vint

Bronaimeth
12.06.2012 , 08:27 AM | #4
I don't believe you guys have a lack of healers, just a lack of good healers.

Krozis
12.06.2012 , 08:35 AM | #5
When you say 'you guys' do you mean impside? Or Virtus et Honor?

Because I can tell you literally 90% of our healers are mainly PVE healers. They PVP once in a while for fun. But for some let me just suggest it isn't their preference to heal pvp. And only half of those are actually geared....

Also the issue isn't necessarily exclusively about how many healers imps have but what sort of support system they have.... typically I'd say there are only two tanks I ever regularly see on Impside (I mean true tanks, not dps tanks).

I'm not saying it is a easy life to heal on either side, all I'm asking for is advice on having to be a 'fend for yourself' healer PUGging IMPside while still being 'valuable' for ranked.

I am not saying I will be a good healer....not at all. Just trying to give myself a fighting chance if I take this on.
Krozis \ Vintego \ Vint

Bronaimeth
12.06.2012 , 08:39 AM | #6
I mean imp side, and if you're forcing your healer to 'fend for themselves' in ranked, then you need to re-evaluate your strat. For pugging yeah fend for yourself is always going to happen. I solo queued a ton as sorc healer and op healer, and I can assure you it's a pain in the ***, but a lot of the time you turn the tide of battle more in your favor with even 1 non guarded healer.

dtownpage
12.06.2012 , 08:39 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Krozis View Post
Don't take this the wrong way but I'm hoping for multiple opinions from lvl 50 healers that are playing Ranked PVP. The amount of focus firing that happens in lowbie vs ranked is night and day.

But it is a valid point that I would be pugging a lot in the beginning to get the hang of it. Survivability is definitely one of the biggest issues for an Imp healer in a typical 15K / 100 expertise pug Imp team.
Right now i would say a sorc bubble spec is the best way to go. Op healz are still my favorite i have all 3 classes. But right now with bubble stun being the way it is you cant ignore it. helps stop the smash/sweep a little bit. but that will prob change in 1.6. And yes imp healz have been no existant/really bad lately. Specially if you run into an decent premade you can call it a wrap.
*** Uncensored ***
*** Jalblurr ***

dego-harmonium
12.06.2012 , 08:51 AM | #8
The majority of the top imp healers pvp re-rolled pub or left the game, and unless you are rolling with Gilgamesh dont count on a guard from anyone there doesnt seem to be a large draw to support classes imp side, i pretty much only play Arteriel in pvp if i have GIl on my hip guarding me these days, because you are generally the only healer in the warzone and sitting in the deadbox longer than i should be stinks. I doubt im the only one but having a guy or two beat on you a whole warzone and not drop you is pretty dam fun, best part for me is when they go "screw it" and change targets :P

But Xan is right a good healer that is a pain to kill will totally turn the tide of a reg warzone, i havent healed on other classes but ops have a good amount of cooldowns to get them out of trouble, between stims/medpacks, evade,shield probe,Debilitate,flashbang, sever tendon, and cloaking screen it gives you alot of "outs"
Arterial

johnnyreece
12.06.2012 , 09:14 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Krozis View Post

No offense taken. I still can't wait for my Op to be 50 and geared. Hopefully 1.6 will be out by the time I hit 50 so I can jump into WH gear. I *like* my sorc right now with the bubble-stun, but it won't last forever. And my sorc still doesn't really have an "OH $#!T" ability like my Op. Best of luck to ya!
Neldiahr, Sith Sorcerer Gibsenne, Imperial Operative
Neldienne, Powertech Smash'Kitteh, Meowauder

rvajedi
12.06.2012 , 10:40 AM | #10
please dont encourage anymore bubble stun it is the most retarded over powered spec in this game and completely ruins pvp. go Op healing or ****