Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

More defense less offense...

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
More defense less offense...

Chimerako
12.05.2012 , 08:28 PM | #1
I was playing pvp today and I thought about how it looks like scripted WWE wrestling or when you watch fake movie boxing. They donít block they just take open shots at each otherís faces. Of course in real life that wouldnít work because they would knock each other out rather quickly. Then I started wondering if we donít have an active dodge mechanic that isnít passive (press a button to dodge out of the way) why donít we have built in dodge buffs based on class? Ops/scoundrelís with the highest armor classes with the lowest percentage that only applies in PvP battles. In addition to what already gets applied to tanks and the existing abilities and defensive buffs . We wouldnít need to nerf damage just make the odds of hitting a clearly faster class less likely. You could combat the cc issues the same way say cc had a 5% or 10% chance to miss based on class. That way you can adjust the PvP dynamic without really messing with PvE. Also it should still activate the CD on the ability that missed the target. Idk maybe itís a stupid idea but we stun so much itís starting to feel like a turn based Facebook game. I stun you then I kill you, then you stun me then you kill meÖitís just my personal opinion of course but I want to play more of a role in whatís happening. I do fine in WZs it just gets a little boring sometimes. We already use adrenals to that effect now to some extent.

foxmob
12.05.2012 , 08:47 PM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by Chimerako View Post
I was playing pvp today and I thought about how it looks like scripted WWE wrestling or when you watch fake movie boxing. They donít block they just take open shots at each otherís faces. .
not to be a jerk, but I kinda stopped reading after this. it's an rpg. that's exactly what rpg warfare is like. you don't lose your target. there's los. there are obstacles to jump over, on and around. that's pretty much what you get with mmorpg. you might try terra or gw2 if you want something more...position dependent?
Krackerjack/Deinon/Antiphon
JC -- Harb -- TEH

Zunayson
12.05.2012 , 09:06 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by foxmob View Post
not to be a jerk, but I kinda stopped reading after this. it's an rpg. that's exactly what rpg warfare is like. you don't lose your target. there's los. there are obstacles to jump over, on and around. that's pretty much what you get with mmorpg. you might try terra or gw2 if you want something more...position dependent?
or halo.
Quote: Originally Posted by Uber_the_Goober View Post
Bioware couldn't balance a sheet of plywood if it were laying [sic] on the ground.
Quote: Originally Posted by Aragost View Post
Make sure you take 3/3 in the "knowing how to play" box