Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Crafting free for your mats - Legit?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > New Player Help
Crafting free for your mats - Legit?

funkiestj
01.18.2013 , 01:29 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Bida View Post
Sometimes the crafter has one ready that he will trade for your mats on the spot.
This is the only reasonable option for dealing with a stranger.

Mr. Hat says "BW support is the best"!
I am a bad player, so what?

Mayeh
01.18.2013 , 02:15 PM | #22
One of the things you can do is to click on the player portrait and check their recipes to make sure they can actually make it. Also there are people that are known to be trustworthy on the server, generally if you ask in General on fleet for a crafter that can make something for you, people will volunteer the names of people they have used and you will notice that the same people tend to get mentioned over and over.

DarthObelisk
01.18.2013 , 02:27 PM | #23
depending on which server you are on there are usually crafting threads on your server that tell who can craft what and if there is a price for it or not. I know on the jedi covenant server we have a huge thread just for crafters to post what they can craft. They give their character name usually both republic and sith so both sides can order what they want.
Jedi Sentinel 60 Jedi Consular 65 Jedi Shadow 65
Imperial Agent 60 Sith Assassin 65 Sith Sorcerer 65
Sith Warrior 64
Mercenary 65

criminalheretic
01.18.2013 , 04:42 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by Draloch View Post
I don't really see any complaints about people ripping anyone off. You'd basically only get to do it once or twice before you got a bad reputation. The people who work hard to get those schematics aren't going to resort to that behavior.
Yeah as soon as someone rips someone off, you will see 173 forum posts calling that person out as a scammer, and advising others not to trade with them.
What we don't understand, we can make mean anything.
Hyperspace Cannon -> Drooga's -> The Harbinger

Washingtoon
01.18.2013 , 09:22 PM | #25
I've never had any problems with this but if you like to be on the safe side, demand to see their schematics (they're not always on the character that has the schematics when advertising it) or some of their listed products on GTN. I've handed over mats for 6M a few times without any real guarantees.

funkiestj
01.23.2013 , 11:02 AM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by criminalheretic View Post
Yeah as soon as someone rips someone off, you will see 173 forum posts calling that person out as a scammer, and advising others not to trade with them.
I think accusation posts get taken down by the mods, so if you check at the wrong time (e.g. after mods delete the "j'accuse" post) you won't see anything.

Mr. Hat says "BW support is the best"!
I am a bad player, so what?