Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Best class leveling duo?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
Best class leveling duo?

Tamanous
12.07.2012 , 06:39 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Malkavier View Post

Yes, there is a Legacy Perk you can purchase, that will allow in-the-field respecs on a cooldown. There is also an in-the-field repair droid you can purchase, which is just as helpful.
Good to know. I didn't bother to look. I'd rather see dual spec though.

As for operative, you can hybrid med/conceal or something for both some dps and heal and with modest purples can heal most HM's that way and still contribute to dps if your team is strong. Hybrid is great in pvp too. Expect high end end game to be full med though. Hopefully some top tier talent and core skill rotation changes come to concealment and lethality though someday.

Larry_Dallas
12.10.2012 , 02:41 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by kel-morian View Post
Thanks for all the replies.

One thing I am worried about if I go with Operative, will I be forced to heal during Ops or is the class good enough to DPS? Also does SWTOR have a feature like WOW where you can switch your talent trees on the fly?
Good enough, yes.

However, dps operatives are, of the advanced classes, probably the worst one to take into an operation. Just about all melee specs either do more sustained damage, have gap closers or take damage better (usually all 3). And all ranged take less damage being out of harm's way more often while still doing slightly more damage most of the time.

While I've been in hardmode operations with dps operatives (rarely), I don't remember wiping because of one.

Still, if you go dps on an operative, and there were a "draft" so to speak, to decide who gets to go to an operation based on usefulness, you would be picked dead last.

Healing, on the other hand, for a minority of fights (usually things that require a lot of movement; in more stationary fights, sorcs do the best) and every pvp map other than huttball, operatives are the optimal choice for healers.

dipstik
12.12.2012 , 04:51 PM | #13
i agree with sin/shaow and op/scoundrel... double stealth tank and heal when u need, or double dps... lack of ranged and in combat cc might hurt a bit.

Mistress_Ivi
12.13.2012 , 11:15 AM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by dipstik View Post
i agree with sin/shaow and op/scoundrel... double stealth tank and heal when u need, or double dps... lack of ranged and in combat cc might hurt a bit.
Operatives have droid CC ... and both have stealth-sleeping, meaning fights with droids or several gold NPC's you can very easily pre-plan who gets CC'd and wipe the floor with the remaining before any go out of sleep mode.
Former SWG Player and Bloody Proud of it!

NeoTaintedAngel
12.13.2012 , 02:52 PM | #15
I'm currently leveling as a tanking assassin with a friend who is leveling as a tanking juggernaut. It's kind of lulzy, but at least we don't die.
"Victory goes to those with courage."