Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

About Free to Play (my vision)

HarleysRule
12.05.2012 , 12:45 PM | #11
30 inventory slots is the same as a subscriber's new character gets.

Thehellfire
12.05.2012 , 12:52 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by AndMayer View Post
Overall FTP is not so bad.

However, in my opinion, there is a fatal error:
1. Limiting credits to 200 000 for the f2p players and 350 000 for the former subscribers. Not the best option, because nobody needs 90% items (like removing restrictions) from "Cartel Market" apart from FTP players and Privileged players.
The experience of playing ĢEVE Onlineģ shows that players with real finances not only work against the "Black Market", but also make the game for FTP players more comfortable by selling PLEX.

2. For a new character inventory limit in 30 cells is too severe. Optimal variant is 50-60 ... and the rest from "Cartel Market" unlocks. What we have now is too uncomfortable for the FTP players.

3. The amount of Flashpoints and Warzones per week is fine. But why there are only 3 Space Battles per week? One fight takes 3-6 minutes. Altogether it is that the amount of Space Battles extremely limited (no more than 10-15 minutes per week). Is that the main advantage of SW:TOR? I think the best option is 5 - 7 fights per week...

4. Why the FTP players don't have even a possibility to see Operations? It is ridiculous to block what they have not ever seen. It is imperative to add (preferably one) Operation per week (Mode: Story). So they will see what they lose.

5. "Authorization: Artifact Equipment" is currently running not quite correct. In further updates developers will be weary of editing a lot of things. And in general they will have to make a lot of corrections.
Option with limiting equipment by it's level instead of quality would be much better. For example: Now would be good level 126. With the release of new content developers just would change the number.

Otherwise, FTP is very good.
Myself - playing on subscription.
I disagree that they need to make it easier for f2p. I found the restrictions tolerable, and I subbed after a weekwend. They want more they can pay

Auraleus
12.05.2012 , 12:53 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Cretinus View Post
All these suggestions would tune the F2P model to not having any serious inconveniences for casual, non-power players without huge amounts of time. In other words, there would be no incentive left for these players to consider spending a single cent.
Currently, F2P is designed such that everybody has a couple of inconveniences and will consider to buy stuff, sooner or later. That's the only possible way to go (see also my sig in this respect).
Blegh I hate this attitude. Do people not realize that this hurts the subscribers more than it hurts the F2P? This is an mmo, we are dependent on the players around us. When they are purposefully crippled, we are crippled as well. The artifact armor restriction is a prime example of this.

I am not sure why people think it is so outrageous that a free to play option should be.... gasp... free to play! You should be upset that as a subscriber you are just getting the box game as is. The free players should be getting the box game as is and we subscribers should be getting benefits on top of that. As a subscriber, I want the F2P people to have access to everything. I want them playing the game we have been playing for the past year. Then I want the subscribers to be given rewards and boosts on top of that.

I want progress and a fun environment, not stagnation and some stupid class war.

Punishing people and saying "pay us to be equal" is a failing model. Treating people well then telling them "pay us to be even cooler like those guys over there!" is how you succeed. It amazes me that people fail to see the bigger picture because they are too busy reveling in their mediocrity and nursing their wounded egos.

I have to pay and so should you. Idiocy.

Urael
12.05.2012 , 12:58 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by Auraleus View Post
Blegh I hate this attitude. Do people not realize that this hurts the subscribers more than it hurts the F2P? This is an mmo, we are dependent on the players around us. When they are purposefully crippled, we are crippled as well. The artifact armor restriction is a prime example of this.

I am not sure why people think it is so outrageous that a free to play option should be.... gasp... free to play! You should be upset that as a subscriber you are just getting the box game as is. The free players should be getting the box game as is and we subscribers should be getting benefits on top of that. As a subscriber, I want the F2P people to have access to everything. I want them playing the game we have been playing for the past year. Then I want the subscribers to be given rewards and boosts on top of that.

I want progress and a fun environment, not stagnation and some stupid class war.

Punishing people and saying "pay us to be equal" is a failing model. Treating people well then telling them "pay us to be even cooler like those guys over there!" is how you succeed. It amazes me that people fail to see the bigger picture because they are too busy reveling in their mediocrity and nursing their wounded egos.

I have to pay and so should you. Idiocy.
Your way leads from mediocrity to stagnation to death.

As Cretinus' signature states: " If I'm paying and you're not, but you're still getting the same as I am, then I'm actually paying for both of us. I don't like that so much. If it gets out of hand, then I'm going to stop paying and we will both get nothing."

If everyone who is a freeple gets the same as a subscriber then soon there will be no subscribers. We will go all John Galt on this game.

When everyone is special noone is.

Auraleus
12.05.2012 , 01:05 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by Urael View Post
Your way leads from mediocrity to stagnation to death.

As Cretinus' signature states: " If I'm paying and you're not, but you're still getting the same as I am, then I'm actually paying for both of us. I don't like that so much. If it gets out of hand, then I'm going to stop paying and we will both get nothing."

If everyone who is a freeple gets the same as a subscriber then soon there will be no subscribers. We will go all John Galt on this game.

When everyone is special noone is.

6 months from now when the F2P surge is gone, the servers are back to ghost towns during prime time, we haven't seen Makeb, and all the "new content" is more armor reskin/recolors on the cartel, I am sure you will still be telling yourself that.

Thehellfire
12.05.2012 , 01:07 PM | #16
6 months from now when the F2P surge is gone, the servers are back to ghost towns during prime time, we haven't seen Makeb, and all the "new content" is more armor reskin/recolors on the cartel, I am sure you will still be telling yourself that.
DDO and Lotro are still populated, hell CO and STO are still around I think you are overreacting a little bit

Urael
12.05.2012 , 01:10 PM | #17
You don't understand how this works. If a Freeple gets the same exact thing as a sub, what motivates me to continue to subscribe?

NOTHING.

I will unsub. Others will follow suit. Then NOONE is paying for the game. The game can not subsist on just the CC Market alone.

SWTOR will die if Freeples get the same things as subscribers.

There won't be a game to play "in six months" if EAware follows your advice.

There will always be "another game to play" many of us play and PAY FOR more than one.

Cretinus
12.05.2012 , 01:18 PM | #18
So what? That's not enough a reason for me to pay somebody else's bills. Do F2P people really believe that they can blackmail subscribers to pay for them cause otherwise the game will run out of players? That's very naive.

Master-Nala
12.05.2012 , 01:25 PM | #19
As a player, I am not invested in the game being here 10 years. If it is, great, I'll probably be here. But this is a game. It's not my life or even how I make a living. If the game fails, it fails. I will have enjoyed it while it lasted and more than got my money's worth.

This tired canard is meaningless. Threatening the doom of the game is not an argument, it's a pitiful scare tactic.
Below this is my referral link. If you press it you get free stuff and I get free stuff. This makes you, me....and Bioware happy, but don't let that stop you!
Referral Link---> http://www.swtor.com/r/fDdy48 <---Referral Link

mizura
12.05.2012 , 02:21 PM | #20
I'm a subber but my buddy isn't cause he has fallen on hard times, cant there be an increase in exp gain, the basic color change of the companions, and a small portion of cargo hold access? Thats his only complaint
oooh blasty