Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Cartel market needs to sell endgame pve/pvp gear!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion > Suggestion Box
Cartel market needs to sell endgame pve/pvp gear!

Journeyer's Avatar


Journeyer
12.05.2012 , 08:30 AM | #11
I disagree with this suggestion.
You do not need better than Tionese gear at level 50, unless you are raiding, and not just raiding, but "progression" raiding. But if you are doing progression raiding, you don't need to start with anything better than Tionese, either, because that gear level is more than enough to easily down the first 2 story modes, which will have you in half Columi gear in almost no time at all. (Couple hours)

There *is* a gap between fresh 50 greens and Tionese gear that technically would make it hard for a complete fresh 50 team to tackle EV SM. That gap was supposed to be filled with running countless dailies for relics and purple 22s, but Bioware is removing that half-level grind in 1.6 by granting Tionese to all 50s.

If you feel that you need higher than lvl 51 equivalent gear for level 50 content, then I would suggest that no amount of paying money to Bioware should (or will) grant you success. In short, if you're actually doing end-game stuff, you'll have the gear, and easily, without paying. If you're not doing the end game stuff, you don't actually need the gear--save your money.
I make useful, game-expanding suggestions.
Holorancor | Food! | Outfit Storage | My Career | Ultimate PvE Solution

Spoletta's Avatar


Spoletta
12.05.2012 , 09:13 AM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by JFerret View Post
Really? As it is now? If you have enough credits you can get yourself into full 63 gear without ever having to earn it through the top tier content. Bioware made a huge mess up with regards to reverse engineering player made items and if they do the same for the next tier gear I think it just goes to show how clueless they really are.
At the cost of many millions, which very few non equipped players have. Sure the gear can be obtained thorugh heavy credit grinding, which is good for an healty game economy. As long as the easiest way to equip is provided by operations then where is the problem?

Eillack's Avatar


Eillack
12.05.2012 , 09:16 AM | #13
No - just no. We don't need TOR to become another P2W with wallet size determining everything.

Vlacke's Avatar


Vlacke
12.05.2012 , 09:50 AM | #14
No.
I am amazed by some of the suggestions people have for cartel market, and this one is bad to say the least.
Telcontar Legacy

Keypek's Avatar


Keypek
12.05.2012 , 09:53 AM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by SNCommand View Post
You get recruit gear when you hit lvl 50 and in 1.6 you will get the tionese gear as well, no need for anything else to start right into the endgame
QFT. Nothing should be sold in cartel shop that lets you skip end game content EVER. It's already easy to get into hardmodes with very little effort.
K'mpek/Keypek or some variation
ICE Breaker>Corellian Run>The Shadowlands
FREE play time and loot by clicking>>

TUXs's Avatar


TUXs
12.05.2012 , 10:01 AM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by Ishagu View Post
No, no, no. The best gear should always be earned.

I simply suggest having decent gear available to buy. Tionese gear sucks.
You know what sucks even more? Having people RAID with you in HM/NM who don't know any of the fights - if you're gearing up in Tionese, it's because you're new and need to learn. My new 50 had 3 pieces of Rakata after 1 EV HM run, 2 BH Implants from crafters and the WH weapon from PvP. Gearing up in PvE is EXTREMELY easy!!!! It most certainly does not need to be made ANY easier.
All warfare is based on deception If his forces are united, separate them If you are far from the enemy, make him believe you are near A leader leads by example not by force
My referral code: here What you get: here (1 FREE transfer 7-day FREE sub FREE Jumpstart and Preferred Bundles)

Monoth's Avatar


Monoth
12.05.2012 , 10:12 AM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by Ishagu View Post
Im not talking about the top tier stuff, but there should be the option to buy a set of columi gear at least so that new players and alts can quickly jump in to hard modes and possibly ops once we hit the endgame.
Lets give people another reason not to do Eternity Vault and KP...... First it's columi gear then next people will be demanding the cartel shop sell Campaign Gear in the cash shop then Dread Guard Gear..... Next people will want to buy Warhero PvP gear.... It's a slippery slope.

Not to mention EV and KP teaches basic endgame mechanics, by skipping these your just going to be a liability in Denova and Terror from Beyond.
F2P is like driving on a long stretch of highway with toll booths every 1/2 mile

BJWyler's Avatar


BJWyler
12.05.2012 , 10:13 AM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by Screaming_Ziva View Post
Agreed. Besides, 1.6 is bringing a full set of Tionese to players as soon as they hit level 50. I remember when people actually had to work for Tionese.
Thank God those days are over. Imagine ... having to work in a game ... it's almost like ... real life. Wow, thank God that games were invented to get away from Real Life. I don't know what I would do if playing was just the same of going back to work after a long, hard day of work.

BJ
Swords of the Republic on The Shadowlands
Check out our own Character Page which includes music and Quest Lists

Wretched Hive Recap The premier SWTOR Forum Discussion Show

Aelrail's Avatar


Aelrail
12.05.2012 , 10:17 AM | #19
Absolutely NO!
There is absolutely no reason to sell endgame gear when the game provides you SO MANY ways of obtaining it, specially entry-level Ops gear. You can get a tionese level set upon reaching 50 really easy and that is more than enough to do any entry level ops. Where is the fun on buying gear? There is not.
P2W is a sure way to kill a game really fast and something the great majority of players frown upon.
Bounty Hunter Rakshak - Shield Tech - 55
Sith Warrior Jorxen - Carnage - 55
Imperial SoulTakers Guild - Jedi Covenant server (US East)
CE Owner

Andryah's Avatar


Andryah
12.05.2012 , 10:22 AM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by ishagu View Post
im not talking about the top tier stuff, but there should be the option to buy a set of columi gear at least so that new players and alts can quickly jump in to hard modes and possibly ops once we hit the endgame.
no.
Judgments are often inaccurate because the brain relies on cognitive biases over hard evidence. Cognitive bias is the tendency to make irrational judgments in consistent patterns. Researchers have found that cognitive bias wreaks havoc by forcing people to make poor, irrational judgments.