Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Proposed changes to F2P PvP and subscriber rewards.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion > Suggestion Box
Proposed changes to F2P PvP and subscriber rewards.

Remlish
12.04.2012 , 10:49 PM | #1
I understand the need to use PvP as another avenue of revenue but I feel that their current model is self defeating.
I believe that they should remove the cap on how many warzones a F2P member can play and change it to how many warzones a F2P member can earn commendations, credits , and experience. They could allow valor rank to continue leveling without too much issue since there are no tangible rewards for valor rank except the option to buy a few high priced toys and the ability to purchase ranked warzone comms.

To offset the potential loss in revenue from players who are content earning fewer commendations they could also offer a commendation bonus buff in the cartel market much like the valor buff. This reward buff should boost bonus commendations from medals earned up to 10 and grant the bonus up to 12 medals per match.

I believe that this simple change could bring some much needed revitalization to PvP.
[█|▀▀|▀╠╣▀▀▐|████████████████████████████████████████)

Vandicus
12.04.2012 , 10:53 PM | #2
No to the commendation bonus buff, that trespasses into p2win territory. The no rewards past X warzones idea, similar to the flashpoints one, maybe. On the one hand that means more f2pers in blues to beat. On the other hand that means its more likely I'll have f2pers on my pvp teams, but then again, I don't play sub-50 pvp, so the input from someone who does could be more valuable.
Darasuum kote ner vode!
Darasuum kote Mando'ade!

babygirl_usa
12.04.2012 , 11:13 PM | #3
Playing WZ PVP is fun. It is also addictive. It makes you want to play more. Subscribe if you want to play more. It's worth your $15 a month. Reducing rewards earned from PVP if you are an F2P only makes you want to play more to earn more. I may want to go F2P too if that is the case. It's 50 cents a day. Go for it! =)
It's not so much winning the WZ PVP. It's the kill count that matters.

noodlehaus
12.04.2012 , 11:18 PM | #4
I'm all for this.

- No cap in the number of warzones you play for F2P
- You only earn 20% (xp, valor points, commendations) of what subscribers earn per match

This will really revitalize the PvP population since you'll have more people to play with. At the same time, F2P players will be able to learn and improve themselves in PvP since they can play as much as they want.

20% is the tease, and once the competitiveness and addiction to PvP kicks in, they will either buy the earnings booster or subscribe.

Remlish
12.05.2012 , 12:36 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by babygirl_usa View Post
Playing WZ PVP is fun. It is also addictive. It makes you want to play more. Subscribe if you want to play more. It's worth your $15 a month. Reducing rewards earned from PVP if you are an F2P only makes you want to play more to earn more. I may want to go F2P too if that is the case. It's 50 cents a day. Go for it! =)
I do subscribe , this is a greater good idea not a "I want more for free" idea. By opening up the gates on playing PvP matches you decrease the wait time for all players to find matches. By restricting their rewards like the flashpoint system you also insure F2P players cant gear up quickly without paying $ one way or another.
[█|▀▀|▀╠╣▀▀▐|████████████████████████████████████████)

Hardwear
12.05.2012 , 12:49 AM | #6
Another lets make a deal thread which will continue until the game is totally free.
Squadron: 1020 367

noodlehaus
12.05.2012 , 01:54 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Hardwear View Post
Another lets make a deal thread which will continue until the game is totally free.
you must be new to the concepts of feedback and iteration.

EnsignSorrow
12.05.2012 , 02:54 AM | #8
I think this is a great idea.
"To be Jedi is to face the truth, and choose. Give off light, or darkness, Padawan. Be a candle, or the night, Padawan: but choose!"

KiranK
12.05.2012 , 03:18 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Vandicus View Post
No to the commendation bonus buff, that trespasses into p2win territory. The no rewards past X warzones idea, similar to the flashpoints one, maybe. On the one hand that means more f2pers in blues to beat. On the other hand that means its more likely I'll have f2pers on my pvp teams, but then again, I don't play sub-50 pvp, so the input from someone who does could be more valuable.
How does that tresspass into P2Win territory? If gear is THAT important, then the system is already broken. I'd welcome any possibility to accelerating PvP gear collection so that everyone can PvP on equal footing as opposed to grind2win.
There's no QQing in baseball.

Fornix
12.05.2012 , 04:33 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by noodlehaus View Post
you must be new to the concepts of feedback and iteration.
Familiar with the proverb; give them a finger, and they'll take the whole hand?

It started with hotbars and character slots. Well, those are given. Now it's turning into unlimited warzone access? Soon it'll be unlimited operation access being asked for by the PvE crowd in case PvP players get their way. And before you know it, there's nothing left to even subscribe for, BioWare loses their income and needs to come with new alternatives.

Ah weight, I know what. Warzone commendations, 800 for just 1000 cartel coins! Buy 3000 and pay only 2500 cartel coins!

And that's the moment the F2P crowd will start crying again as paying people once more have access to more in this game than those not willing to spend a dime.
Member of <Helix>