Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The Importance of Player Feedback with the New Free-to-Play Option

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
The Importance of Player Feedback with the New Free-to-Play Option
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

mcfarris
12.04.2012 , 04:35 PM | #21
Hey!!!!
So I usually just read on the forums, and this may be the wrong place for it. But playing since beta, I just started the BH class. And since y'all are wanting feedback, making improvements, things like that. How about some kind of Jet Pack Mount? I mean yeah they have a "Rocket Boost Ability" which last like 12 seconds. But I mean a real jet pack mount, just seems it would make play all the more awesome. And heck, you could jack up the price, but I am sure people, like myself, would pay for that kind of in game option. Just my two cents, so there it is.
Peace is a lie, there is only passion. Through passion, I gain strength. Through strength, I gain power. Through power, I gain victory. Through victory, my chains are broken. The Force shall free me.

SithMalfurio
12.04.2012 , 04:36 PM | #22
Free to play people have no right to complain, they should be happy with what they at least have considering they spent all this money to make this game, the least you can do is repay them back by paying for they game so they can make it better and work on other projects. Too the people who made this game it is rather enjoyable! good job! I love the PvP in this game.

SithMalfurio
12.04.2012 , 04:37 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by mcfarris View Post
Hey!!!!
So I usually just read on the forums, and this may be the wrong place for it. But playing since beta, I just started the BH class. And since y'all are wanting feedback, making improvements, things like that. How about some kind of Jet Pack Mount? I mean yeah they have a "Rocket Boost Ability" which last like 12 seconds. But I mean a real jet pack mount, just seems it would make play all the more awesome. And heck, you could jack up the price, but I am sure people, like myself, would pay for that kind of in game option. Just my two cents, so there it is.
A jet pack mount wouldn't make sense if you thought about it, considering it probably has a limited fuel source.

TUXs
12.04.2012 , 04:42 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by MitchPB View Post
Here is an answer to all the problems... Buy a sub

Your playing for free, expect restrictions
Cute If only being a business was that simple...someday you'll learn what it means to have "customers" and things you need to do to attract them. Demanding they buy your product, never works.
All warfare is based on deception If his forces are united, separate them If you are far from the enemy, make him believe you are near A leader leads by example not by force

My referral code: here (what you get here)

mcfarris
12.04.2012 , 04:45 PM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by SithMalfurio View Post
A jet pack mount wouldn't make sense if you thought about it, considering it probably has a limited fuel source.
Right, but wouldn't a speeder also have some kind of fuel source? I don't know I just figure that if you can use a speeder infinitely, why not a jet pack? i just think that would make the gameplay at least on the BH end all the better.
Peace is a lie, there is only passion. Through passion, I gain strength. Through strength, I gain power. Through power, I gain victory. Through victory, my chains are broken. The Force shall free me.

SteveANGER
12.04.2012 , 04:46 PM | #26
When will free-to-play and preferred people be allowed to purchase additional character slots? Will we ever see an increase in allowed slots (more than 12) as long as each is purchased?
Verasantis Laurielindar - Sentinel
Former GM of Stoic

ApocalypseDan
12.04.2012 , 04:47 PM | #27
I was quite happy with the change to F2P overall but feel there is more value in keeping my sub active. I do think BioWare & EA will make more money overall by loosening the restrictions on F2Players and adding more and more $ content to the Cartel store. Restricting Freepers doesn't make them rush to get a sub, it makes them leave. I am glad that Jeff and the rest of the SWTOR team are at least looking at eliminating some of the barriers, it shows they are aware and at the helm. Yes, there will be bugs, it's the primary result of a tiny QA staff and no-transfer of existing characters to PTR. I'm confident that things will improve, especially once the corporate Sith overlords of EA see the economic reports for this quarter.
The Dark Side will devour those who lack the power to control it.

Kevinamitten
12.04.2012 , 04:48 PM | #28
I Know You Guys Had Problems Going down this road But i Think Day time Night time should be added to make the planets feel a little bit realer!
Kman

Dizplacer
12.04.2012 , 04:53 PM | #29
I had to cancel my account after 2 ticket submissions went without help. My 50 main on my paid account is bugged and parts of the character (this one only) think it is a free account. (can only send one companion at a time on missions, and a few other issues). My current account status is active. I was looking forward to the changes, but after that and disappearing cartel coins, I was at a loss.

I also put comments when I cancelled my account but I'm not sure anyone actually reads those. I'd be happy to continue if someone could help me out. Heck, I've done so much beta testing I can probably tell you how it happened.

AndrewTM
12.04.2012 , 04:54 PM | #30
Dear SWTOR, I was thinking about how you can have relationships with companions, and I also thought that you guys should make it so we can be in a relationship with companions in our legacy family tree. Just something to think about.