Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The Importance of Player Feedback with the New Free-to-Play Option

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
The Importance of Player Feedback with the New Free-to-Play Option
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

TaramCaldar
12.06.2012 , 06:39 AM | #201
Quote: Originally Posted by James_four View Post
If there will be a vast increase in the number of characters that can be created per account I can see characters being created just to camp out names. This will make creating names for characters rather difficult.
Wait... you mean it's not already? LOL what names are you picking that aren't already camped out?

Cody-licious
12.06.2012 , 07:28 AM | #202
With the removal of the global character limit of 50 (!?! I mean, seriously -- who is realistically going to be taking advantage of that perk??), does this mean we can get paid-for server transfers too?
55 Mercenary Bodyguard 53 Powertech Pyro
55 Sniper Marksman 55 Operative Concealment 55 Scoundrel Sawbones
55 Sage Seer 51 Shadow Kinetic 55 Assassin Darkness
55 Guardian Vigilance 53 Marauder Carnage

Darthvokur
12.06.2012 , 07:36 AM | #203
Quote: Originally Posted by Cody-licious View Post
With the removal of the global character limit of 50 (!?! I mean, seriously -- who is realistically going to be taking advantage of that perk??), does this mean we can get paid-for server transfers too?
Myself. And many others I know. Alts are the only fun thing to do in this game, since endgame is just raiding or PvP

Draylo_Cral
12.06.2012 , 08:34 AM | #204
Draylo Cral - Hired Gun

Rogoo
12.06.2012 , 09:22 AM | #205
Good changes. Now please fix the AMD Crossfire support already.
You are not your rig specs. You are not your K/D ratio. You are not your character level. You are not your sig.
Gunslinger / Shadow / Sentinel / Powertech
The Hero engine: a 2005 technology bringing 2013 rigs to their knees.

Droidiphile
12.06.2012 , 09:24 AM | #206
Problems since the patch:
1) unrelenting lag - constantly, always, all locations, all toons, all times.
2) Gold spammers in abundance (probably because they can now create unlimited accounts for free).
3) Social Bias against the F2P crowd - which is not nice for the game culture in SWTOR in general
4) Noob zone overload - which should fix itself in time.

5) In my particular case: there are like 3 players left in my guild who are even remotely active. The Guild master has not been on in 29 days as of last night. I am the only one who is still consistently active. I will be looking into how to takeover the guild and try to rebuild it.... I guess, if the guild master is still paying a sub, then I'll be unable to take it over. This is kinda sad. I may be looking for a new guild, which is probably the best solution.

Hierodule
12.06.2012 , 09:51 AM | #207
Quote: Originally Posted by MitchPB View Post
Here is an answer to all the problems... Buy a sub

Your playing for free, expect restrictions
F2P has a great advantage for families. Dad or Son can get the sub, and the other members can get F2p and then they can PVE to their hearts content and enjoy.

You don't serious expect a family to outlay $50/Month for the game do you?

If swtor had a family option that was reasonably priced, that would be different. but F2P is a close second, and the less restrictive the better.

Darthmemnoc
12.06.2012 , 10:17 AM | #208
Two things around character customization that would make me happy:

-Let me see how dark side corruption will affect my toon DURING character creation once I hit DS5. After all, this is how I will look once all is said and done. I do not want to have to turn it off because i hate the way it came out!

-Let me go back and change the skin tone, hair, etc of my character even if I have to pay for it. I thought my Jugg would turn pale white and his skin tone stayed the same. Drives me nuts every time I play him.

That is all.
Darthmemnoc has stepped off his soapbox

Darthvokur
12.06.2012 , 10:55 AM | #209
Quote: Originally Posted by Hierodule View Post
F2P has a great advantage for families. Dad or Son can get the sub, and the other members can get F2p and then they can PVE to their hearts content and enjoy.

You don't serious expect a family to outlay $50/Month for the game do you?

If swtor had a family option that was reasonably priced, that would be different. but F2P is a close second, and the less restrictive the better.
With due respect, playing online games is a poor excuse for quality family time. EAware can't be expected to cater to a mere handful of people.

lobotaru
12.06.2012 , 11:37 AM | #210
I am very grateful that the design team has taken the time to read our thoughts and suggestions for the game. One of the things on my mind lately has been end game. While I have not reached 50 on any of my characters, I will be there pretty soon on one of them. While there are many things that can be done with raiding, I would suggest adding a completely different kind of end game activity for large groups, such as perhaps managing, defending, and expanding an instanced guild base. To get certain upgrades or rooms, they might need to complete certain objectives in particular flashpoints or operations. Things like gathering particular components, defeating certain bosses, etc. As for defending the base, there could be events that can be activated at the guild's leisure that involve PVE challenges where they must prevent invading forces from taking parts of their base. Having to fight enemies out of your living quarters or risk losing it would certainly be an interesting challenge. The reason I am making this suggestion is that raiding has been a standard in MMOs for so long that it has grown old for many veteran players. Again, thank you for taking time to listen to us.