Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The Importance of Player Feedback with the New Free-to-Play Option

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
The Importance of Player Feedback with the New Free-to-Play Option
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

MorgonKara
12.05.2012 , 11:46 AM | #151
I'm a subscriber since day 1 so the only change to FTP for me is the ability to buy Legacy unlocks with Cartel. I like it. I hope it's working, I would hate to see this game shut down because it's my favorite.
Armormech-Armstech-Chemist-Mor-gon-M'orgon-Maxxi
Armormech-Armstech-Biochem-Artifice-Synthweaving-Cybertech
The Craft Legacy ~The Ebon Hawk

Projawa
12.05.2012 , 12:28 PM | #152
I'm a subscriber. Why don't you add more things that cater to us? Cartel coin monthly subsidy is nice but most of the items in there are nothing special or are on the GTN at reasonable prices. Add legacy level rewards. Add more social activities/minigames like card games or space pvp or racing. In other words, give us ways to entertain each other and reasons to log on. Add quality of life improvements like hood toggle. Streamline your asset development process so you can put out more regular content.

turjake
12.05.2012 , 12:36 PM | #153
Since free to play - players cannot post in the forums or send customer service tickets, you wont get much feedback from them. In this thread you will mostly see opinions of the paying subscribers.

Gawlron
12.05.2012 , 12:39 PM | #154
Quote: Originally Posted by Darthvokur View Post
Maybe I'm being dumb, but what on Earth does this mean?
No, it is not clear... what does it mean??
CE VIP
Emotion, yet peace; Ignorance, yet knowledge; Passion, yet serenity; Chaos, yet harmony; Death, yet the Force.

Gawlron
12.05.2012 , 12:40 PM | #155
Quote: Originally Posted by Thlayer View Post
It means that subscribers will basically be able to create an (almost) unlimited number of characters.
When? 1.6? Is this per-server?
CE VIP
Emotion, yet peace; Ignorance, yet knowledge; Passion, yet serenity; Chaos, yet harmony; Death, yet the Force.

Gawlron
12.05.2012 , 12:41 PM | #156
Quote: Originally Posted by SFaulkner View Post
This means that across every server, we were originally allowed to have 50 characters total. With 12 per server. Now, apparently, we can have more then 50 total characters in an upcoming patch. Who the hell has enough time on their hands to play 50 characters? Or more now...
I've got lots of time... I could do it... I hate my life.
CE VIP

Vinjar
12.05.2012 , 12:45 PM | #157
Well done! Keep up the good work.

Riethe
12.05.2012 , 01:03 PM | #158
I believe that you've been going about this the wrong way from the beginning. The focus shouldn't be on restricting Free-to-play players, but rather on giving benefits to Subscribers. For example, give Subscribers new options like cosmetic things such as changing the color of clothing pieces or putting a hood down, or even making new appearance items specifically for them. Give Subscribers access to cool new things like a speeder from the movies or changing their ship droid's looks, or even additional choices for companion appearances.

FTP players aren't going to pay for a Subscription to remove the restrictions on them, because they already weren't willing to pay for a restriction-free experience prior to the launch of FTP; but perhaps they will see what cool things Subscribers get, and rather than "getting rid of annoyances" they will think, "I want to get that stuff! I get all of these cool things by Subscribing?" And I think more of them would find subscribing worth it.

You don't have to nickel-and-dime people to get money, you just have to offer them something worth paying for.

Odyssean
12.05.2012 , 01:24 PM | #159
If you really want to get some valuable feedback to evaluate your F2P model you need to open a Free player only forum. You wont get much info from Fb or Reddit or twitter.
Giving prefs 2 additional hotbars is a great start along with the addition of character slots but these should have been there from the start. You could have avoided a lot of flameposts and negativity if you went rational early. And, frankly, i m very worried since i heard you were examining the option to monetize spacebar function during cutscenes. Thank god logic and not stupidity prevailed on this one.
Lift only a handful of the most annoying restrictions and win by changing the bad mood and bad reputation this game has on the MMO playerbase, do not restrict but entice and always be true to your playerbase. Be close to them, free or subs do not really matter, because if you play your cards right and make people happy then those people will spent. Do not force them but oblige them.
And be reasonable for a change. There are only very few of free players that havent ever played a MMO but if they have even a quarter of a brain they surely will not like the restrictions you impose to them, punishing them for being "freeloaders" and not thanking them that they chose your product to entertain themselves. Make them happy and they will pay. Else you are not going to get a dime out of them.
I wonder if i can use this as a night light.

revansowns
12.05.2012 , 01:39 PM | #160
Nice job Bioware. Now it would please me a lot to see new class stories, as that is by far the best part of the game
The Darkslayer Legacy
Zhendai - Level 55 Jedi Guardian Valixe - Level 52 Sith Sorcerer Omin'it - Level 52 Sniper Valiantes - Level 50 Commando Thondurr - Level 50 Jedi Shadow Ikorath - Level 50 Sith Marauder Araxxo - Level 13 Powertech Tegldef -Level 36 Scoundrel