Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The Importance of Player Feedback with the New Free-to-Play Option

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
The Importance of Player Feedback with the New Free-to-Play Option
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

nBATTISTA
12.05.2012 , 02:07 AM | #111
My only problem with it is the cartel garbage. I understand why you did it, but I have been crafting crystals and other stuff for money on there and I've noticed a huge decrease in income. Everyone wants those damn pink purples. Can we at least get schematics for these so I can make some money again? Also f2p bank should be unlimited so they can buy more of my stuff.
- wILLy Wampa -

WenTalkin
12.05.2012 , 02:08 AM | #112
Another of the few things i feel people who bought the game diserved, a few extra character slots. I would have settled for 2 extra, but four is even better.

With the third crew skill i bought for all my characters, i have everything i need to play comfortably f2p for a while

Belacose
12.05.2012 , 02:41 AM | #113
Quote: Originally Posted by Swissbob View Post
Well, I am very happy to see they're adding new quick slots. For tons of returning players and F2P, that was their main problem. It's nice to see it's being fixed.
Yes, IMO, that was the only real problem with F2P and they listened to the outcries and corrected the situation.

Obsidian_Stone
12.05.2012 , 02:49 AM | #114
Quote: Originally Posted by Costello View Post
It seems that the only thing that is being listened to is free to play, which is strange cause I don't think they can post on the forums.

Hows about addressing things that have been on the forums since before free to play came out but seem to have taken a back seat because of re-structing then staff working on free to play and cartel items. A few things that it would be nice ot see.

Open world PvP (which is open to everyone not just people that have ground out war hero gear in warzones).
More End Game Content.
More Species. (not just a human with face paint you are calling Cathar)
More options in Character creation.
Full 3D space (not calling it Super Secret Space Project)
New Armour and Weapon Sets. (we have been on black hole for most the year)
Guild Captial Ships.
Mini Games.
Continuation of Class and Companion Story. (Hate to say it but for most people this is far more important than world story arcs)
Side Ways progression. I know very very hard and a major project but it would be nice to have an end game that wasn't just tougher and tougher bosses with more and more difficult mechanics.

So it would be nice to discuss what is being done for the people that have been here for a year and not just those free to play gamers.
/signed
Yes please actually listen to the things we want. Don't get me wrong, you've made some nice changes, but we need some bigger more impactful ones please and thank you.

Erethrian
12.05.2012 , 02:50 AM | #115
Loving SWTOR, but still you said (in january) you were working to implement changes in how Security Keys work (so we can remove it or update to a physical/mobile one) and we still need to call you in order to do that. It's been 10 months since you said that.

The same goes for hundreds of bugs that are still annoying the most of us. Lightsabers that won't shut down, the new issues to preview gear for companions (or customizations), all the things you said you were working on, yet we haven't seen any word on them.

What's happening with the Chat Bubbles guys?
Link to thread: http://www.swtor.com/community/showt...849#post415849

What about all those things we've been asking for? Like some kind of housing mechanics? Mini-games aside from the actual ones (yeah, Space Missions are just that, a tiny mini-game for an inmense MMO universe). Is it so difccitult to implement things players can enjoy? Swoop races, 1v1 Arenas, Maybe Pazaak all without gambling but with a rewards system. It's not that hard!

I don't know what's on the table when you talked months ago about a "Super secret Space Project for SWTOR" but I hope it's not something like Flashpoints or Operations using our ships. I really hope you're working on free-flight space combat and so.

Now, the most important thing right now is that we want you to fix the current bugs we're experiencing, those issues that are preventing us to enjoy this great game. And then we hope you address some of those things I mentioned, things you claimed to be able to address "SOON" ten months ago. We've been asking for a lot of things since BETA. (Paraphrasing Costello) Open world PvP, more End Game Content, more Species. (not just a human with face paint you are calling Cathar), more options in Character creation, full 3D space (not calling it Super Secret Space Project), guild Captial Ships (to have a damn place where the guild members can go and say "home"), Mini Games...

Hope you BioWare are not just listening to us but moving towards the interest of the players that are playing your game and working on the things we're suggesting. Moving towards our interest is moving towards yours.

We'll keep asking for things this game needs.

Regards,

Erethrian

EDIT: Also, you should take a look at THIS thread [swtor complaints/suggestions gathered since Beta]. All threads I linked are in the Suggestion Box so, please, we want you to listen and TAKE ACTION. If you listen but don't do anything our feedback will be worthless.

Karkais
12.05.2012 , 03:19 AM | #116
I've been so far pretty happy being a subscriber, I wouldn't say theres anything particularly wrong with my game now. - Apart from the overarching problem of SWTOR content being concentrated on operations for the elitist few; and me getting tad bored grinding dailies.
"Welcome to Dromund Kaas, where freedom goes to die and legends are forced on the galaxy."
- Vette

Burba
12.05.2012 , 03:21 AM | #117
As a subscriber I'm glad to see that more is being done for F2Pers. But I was wondering if subscribers can also get more slots per server once the 50 slots gets extended. With the legacy features most of us don't want to start on new servers but expand upon the time we've already invested in the game on our current servers so increasing the number of slots we get as paying subscribers is a must.

MendorAP
12.05.2012 , 03:40 AM | #118
Quote: Originally Posted by Kerensk View Post
Alot of people "rage quit" warzones if things aren't going their way (a problem in itself).
When a F2P player comes into a game half over it seems especially unfair since they only get 5 chances a week to play only to have it wasted because a selfish player wanted an easy win.
^^ This, I'm not sure if this is actually happening but this is bad, same for flashpoints.

Delekahn
12.05.2012 , 04:06 AM | #119
Begin Rant,

I dont believe you listen to my feedback. I have been upset about no low level purple crystals since launch. I have asked about them in the question sessions and many times on the forums. If not ignored, then I get flammed for it. You have never given a acceptable reason why we cant have purple for our leveling and I think it stinks and was a horrible decision by the dev team.

What do you do? You put a pink-purple one in a random box that I will NEVER pay for. if you put a level 1 purple with zero stats as a buy option I would, as its my favorite color.

Dont you get it that some of us just want a specific color for the way we imagine our toon? When I fight a mob in my story that is level 15 and it has a purple lightsaber that I cant loot, it seriously pisses me off!

End Rant

Silvers
12.05.2012 , 04:21 AM | #120
I'm a subscriber and I strongly believe that f2pers should not have to pay for UI components like hotbars. UI is not content, it is part of the infrastructure of the game to allow people to play the game. It just smacks of greed, in my humble opinion.
The Older Gamers
TOG Website TOROZ website