Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The Importance of Player Feedback with the New Free-to-Play Option

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
The Importance of Player Feedback with the New Free-to-Play Option
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Tenceriker
12.04.2012 , 11:13 PM | #101
Perhaps the next patch you can give F2Players Sprint at level 1, hide headslot and real access to the GTN..
Relabeling future patches as Expansions, just like EA Louse said a year ago. Who got the last laugh?

Stubacca
12.04.2012 , 11:22 PM | #102
Quote: Originally Posted by Jeff Hickman
One of the most important things to us is to hear player feedback on their game experience. Our community team truly has an ear to the ground with community concerns and discussions and we often make changes based on player feedback.
So you claim to be listening to player feedback? Why haven't you listened to it so far then? Is this going to change? I hope so, so here is my feedback:

My game experience is truly castrated due to the lack of chat bubbles, and so is that of a lot of people. Just check out this thread with over a hundred pages, over thousand posts in support and almost fifty-thousand views. If you claim that you listen to player feedback, you should finally start to listen to the feedback in that thread seriously and implement chat bubbles in the next patch!
Add Wookiees as playable species (solution to voice over problem: MT-D Miniaturized Translator Droid!
SUBSCRIPTION WON'T BE RENEWED due to the lasting lack of CHAT BUBBLES and how long-term subcribers are treated by EA/Bioware.

Skyrison
12.04.2012 , 11:22 PM | #103
Quote: Originally Posted by Tenceriker View Post
Perhaps the next patch you can give F2Players Sprint at level 1, hide headslot and real access to the GTN..
Probably
Legacy of the Eternal

Skyrison
12.04.2012 , 11:25 PM | #104
Quote: Originally Posted by Stubacca View Post
So you claim to be listening to player feedback? Why haven't you listened to it so far then? Is this going to change? I hope so, so here is my feedback:

My game experience is truly castrated due to the lack of chat bubbles, and so is that of a lot of people. Just check out this thread with over a hundred pages, over thousand posts in support and almost fifty-thousand views. If you claim that you listen to player feedback, you should finally start to listen to the feedback in that thread seriously and implement chat bubbles in the next patch!
Ok obviously it is going to change because he is showing they are working more on giving players what they want.

He's not the same as he was in warhammer. It seems he learned a lot from that. He is a very smart guy with great ideas. Good job bioware! I support ya!
Legacy of the Eternal

Kickimanjaro
12.05.2012 , 12:05 AM | #105
Good to know, hopefully this game keeps getting more endgame content
Kickimanjaro / Erinaceous / Stimfiend / Stüxnet / Áyrenn / Snipertoon
<Galactic Forces> on Jedi Covenant

HauksbokT
12.05.2012 , 12:12 AM | #106
Okay,

Player feedback is important?

What about an overwhelming majority of APAC players not getting what they paid for?

You want feedback?

There it is, an absolute disgraceful way of handling hundreds and hundreds of "important player feedback"

Fix this situation, then I might have something positive to say.

Palorizek
12.05.2012 , 12:20 AM | #107
Quote: Originally Posted by MitchPB View Post
Here is an answer to all the problems... Buy a sub

Your playing for free, expect restrictions
Exactly, I agree...I would hate if f2p would have almost the same possibilities as sub...especially when I am sub
Some people complain about this game. Well, if you do not like it, then do not play it. Making negative comments wont help you to feel better.

Giantewok
12.05.2012 , 12:34 AM | #108
I'll be totally honest here, this is my opinion but I feel the cartel lacks items i'd buy apart from the bag slots and medical drones (which I have ) so i'd be storing the lot and hoping this game adds more to preferred status and subscriber type accounts.

I have never played a game that takes so long to craft items, I like you can't really ninja veins as creds buy all but spending that much time means I wait until campanion #3 before considering it.

I know this is an MMO but where are the manners? It's polite to not just random invite - the 'warcraft effect' will hurt this game and my enthusiasm to play it.

Will there be a guild level model like in other games?

At the moment, if I stop subbing (which is quite likely) i'll stop playing as the current restrictions will kill the game for me and if I keep subbing, I end up with loads of coins i'll probably not use.

I'm not bothered about the space mission restriction, i'm yet to find one I like anyway.

In the new year I decide whether I keep playing or not, so far i'm not going to but if there are improvements then perhaps.
Spaceballs, best spoof ever!

besoon
12.05.2012 , 01:34 AM | #109
This maybe hard to do but figure i throw my ideal out there. Be nice to have a Companions that you can completely customize, (race, hair eye colors, crew skill bonus they get) and have this Companion linked to your legacy.

LordArtemis
12.05.2012 , 02:02 AM | #110
I'm glad to see that they have publicly indicated that F2P feedback is important from all players. I was hoping to hear that they were dedicated to providing some way into the future that free players could continue to provide feedback, and still hold out hope that that will come in the future. Right now they can post as far as I know. I don''t think that should change, or if it does they should at least get access to one forum area.

It also demonstrates what I feel are the great changes made recently to F2P...demonstrating the fact that they are listening and intend to make sure F2P and the Market bring in the maximum amount of revenue and retention. Though not mentioned, a set of armor a week, especially if it is level one armor (IMO all of the armor should have been empty level one armor) is one more fantastic motive for the market that helps.

I had felt strongly that some of these changes should have been made before the system launched, and things like character transfers, name changes (character and legacy) and appearance changes after character creation should have been included before launch, but I will be happy to see things like this added in the short term.

The fact that there are listening to feedback with respect to the F2P system is self evident IMO and is one of the smartest moves they have made since launch, including the system itself. As long as the following things are added or change in the near future....

Character transfers
Name change
Legacy name change
Appearance change
Dual spec

Legacy cargo hold with bank
Plain black, white and grey/red/brown robe
Level one helmets
All standard vendor speeders

I think the market will continue to be successful and subs will grow as a result.