Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

When can I transfer my level 50 to the right server?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
When can I transfer my level 50 to the right server?

Kashley
12.10.2012 , 09:54 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by JimG View Post
They've already said they are working on adding paid transfers but there's no timetable for when they will be in the game. Do you want BW to just keep repeating that every day? Would that make you feel better?
GW2 launched with server transfers and has been out half as long and already expanded into a new zone and just added a way to change character appearence. I would prefer if BioWares time table was half as decent as that games. Alas...
Insert witty signature here.

Graydon
12.12.2012 , 09:40 AM | #22
They've already said they are working on adding paid transfers but there's no timetable for when they will be in the game. Do you want BW to just keep repeating that every day? Would that make you feel better?
This is the answer BW supplied over 6 months ago. Heck its an answer they can use to update every single feature request!

That's great you find it satisfactory, but I feel it's more of a brush off rather than a sincere dialogue to their subscribers.

BW asks us to be courteous and follow community ethics and protocol. Well, I ask them to do the same.

MadBernieSkills
12.12.2012 , 10:23 AM | #23
No, it would be better if they stopped saying it and just made it happen. Or at least tell us why it can't happen yet and exactly when it will be available. You know, proper communication.

Sevryn
12.15.2012 , 10:39 AM | #24
This seriously needs to be an available service. And not one sitting on the back-burner. It's one of the perpetually hottest topics on the forums, one of the most asked for features, and one that is available in virtually any other MMO.
If they are worried about server population drains, then I suggest limiting the transfers to, say, one a month? One every two months? From each account. Just give us the ability to bring over our high level toons we started on (now) non-existent servers to the servers we found good guilds and compatible players on.
Charge $50 a transfer if money is the issue.

Just make it happen, please.
And stop with the text book answers and vague timelines for this service.

Sevryn Blakk - StarSider; Chi'ana - The Shadowlands - XFOR; Tzev'rin / John'Aeryn / Morrganna / Alondria - The Ebon Hawk - Republic, The Thirteenth Legion; Gothiqa / Sanguina / Nee'kolai / Bathori - The Ebon Hawk - Empire, Vindicta

RustyDiodes
04.03.2013 , 05:39 PM | #25
My Imps are getting moldy.

HoloTweed
04.03.2013 , 05:59 PM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by RustyDiodes View Post
My Imps are getting moldy.
So is this necro-thread. With 3 or 4 other fresh threads on this same topic, let this one die already.

DanRocco
04.04.2013 , 04:24 PM | #27
This is the thread I'm in currently, so this is the one I'm replying to. The proper way to "let a thread die" is to not post in it. Besides, necromancy is fun!

*ahem*

Server transfers are as much a part of MMOs these days as the game content itself. Hardly any decent games don't support it. SWTOR should have launched with it, and BW certainly should have prioritized its implementation very early on.
DanRocco of the BROWN COATS