Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

When can I transfer my level 50 to the right server?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
When can I transfer my level 50 to the right server?

SentinelDranoel
12.09.2012 , 08:24 AM | #11
http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=546823

SentinelDranoel: As for my question... when are we getting paid transfers?

Blaine: As soon as we possibly can. We know that this is a very important feature that the community wants and we want it too, but due to the effort of launching our new Free-to-Play option, we had to delay this just a bit longer. Sorry I donít have a more concrete date just yet!
and the Force beat generic Swords and Magic any day. 8/26/14 That was my old signature but after RotHC, I went back to superheroes and swords and magic. Now waiting on Dragon Age and a SWTOR story expac for my Bioware fix 7/30/15 Returned for KotFE. Finally, a story expac.

H-aTreD
12.09.2012 , 08:28 AM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by TheHeat View Post
This is probably the case for about 90% of the people who really want a paid transfer option. I know I'd settle for an account-wide legacy if paid transfers can't be done.
Legacy is not the case for me, just want my 50 pubs on my server that I actually play on with my friends who are still left playing.

Bioware, I will pay you $ for this! I know of other people who will do the same, they will pay you $ for this. If you claim to "have an ear to the ground" and are listening closely to your customers then why is there a thread made almost daily about this? Why do you not see this as something a lot of customers WANT and are willing to pay YOU $ for? It doesn't add up, it really doesn't.

turjake
12.09.2012 , 08:37 AM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Graydon View Post
This topic is posted almost daily and is ignored daily by the same team that said they are listening to their players.

Credibility BW.....grow some.
I am a bit surprised. The amount of naturally nitpicking teenagers and older similar people on these forums must be huge, yet no-one has noticed yet that listening to someone and doing something about it are two different things.

Sotof
12.10.2012 , 03:42 AM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by RustyDiodes View Post
You keep asking for feedback. We keep asking for server transfers. Please respond?
It's just PR drivel, y'know. They don't really care.

RustyDiodes
12.10.2012 , 08:06 AM | #15
SentinelDranoel- thanks for the link and quote!
Quote: Originally Posted by JovethGonzalez View Post

SentinelDranoel: As for my question... when are we getting paid transfers?

Blaine: As soon as we possibly can.
Soon would be awesome! You know what would have been better though? Telling us that Legacy would only be server-wide BEFORE thousands of us leveled up our Imps and Reps on separate servers. OR having server transfers ready before that announcement- that would have sufficed as a quick-fix.

When you DO get around to the "as soon as we possibly can" priority level though, consider this: When I move my Imps to my Rep server, shouldn't I get to keep all of the Legacy XP I have earned? During forced transfers we were only allowed to keep whichever bucket of points was most full- the smaller bucket was left on the abandoned server, even if it was almost half of the Legacy XP we have earned.
That was a load of Derp.
Please don't do it again; be cool.

(>)

JunkyardWolf
12.10.2012 , 11:58 AM | #16
Ther is still plenty of time,last i looked Hell had not frozen over yet :P
proud to be a Cranky ole fart!

H-aTreD
12.10.2012 , 12:06 PM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by JunkyardWolf View Post
Ther is still plenty of time,last i looked Hell had not frozen over yet :P
Funny, I'm sitting there ice fishing.

MadBernieSkills
12.10.2012 , 01:51 PM | #18
Maybe only having 1 or 2 threads a day about this isn't enough. Maybe each of us that wants transfers should make a new thread. If a few thousand threads show up, they would be less likely to ignore us and "soon" would be "now".

I suggest that there is zero reason for this not to be allowed right now. The technology is already there. This will not cause empty or crowded servers. The only thing that will happen is that we will keep playing on the server we want to play on. It's just that all of our characters will be there. I have 4 50's not on the server I'm playing on. They just sit there and rot.

Seriously, do it now before more paying customers get fed up and quit.

Allow PVP players to move to PVE servers as well.
And I agree, let our legacy be additive.

JimG
12.10.2012 , 09:27 PM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by Graydon View Post
This topic is posted almost daily and is ignored daily by the same team that said they are listening to their players.

Credibility BW.....grow some.
They've already said they are working on adding paid transfers but there's no timetable for when they will be in the game. Do you want BW to just keep repeating that every day? Would that make you feel better?

avimeso
12.10.2012 , 09:29 PM | #20
be nice if they said yes this is should be coming in q1 2013 or watever soon can be years ....