Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

New guy - need advice!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
New guy - need advice!

criminalheretic
12.04.2012 , 04:36 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Szabofly View Post
Well will i ever be able to compete with the singletarget dps of a sentinel? ^^
No, but if you did the same single target DPS as a Sent, why would anyone ever play a Sent, when they could play a class with stealth, and the option of healing?

The fun of an OP/Scoundrel isn't in the scoreboard, it's in all the time you get to spend sneaking around, and the value you can bring to a team (and annoyance to your opposition) by sneaking around.

Or healing... their healing surpasses a Sent's single target DPS.
What we don't understand, we can make mean anything.
Hyperspace Cannon -> Drooga's -> The Harbinger

Szabofly
12.04.2012 , 05:04 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by criminalheretic View Post
No, but if you did the same single target DPS as a Sent, why would anyone ever play a Sent, when they could play a class with stealth, and the option of healing?

The fun of an OP/Scoundrel isn't in the scoreboard, it's in all the time you get to spend sneaking around, and the value you can bring to a team (and annoyance to your opposition) by sneaking around.

Or healing... their healing surpasses a Sent's single target DPS.
Yeh, i realise it wouldn't be fair... hopefully i'll match Shadow dps though ^^ But one problem with scrapper (or so it seems to me) is when he's blown his cover and used his opener on a target... he's stuck unstealthed with no energy. Which means he'll be useless until he's recovered energy and gotten out of combat to restealth? :O or am i missing something?

heechJunzi
12.04.2012 , 07:12 PM | #13
You eventually get a skill to exit combat and go into stealth.

If you want single target DPS though, I think marauder or assassin would both be more your flavor.

Just plan to get all the classes eventually.
Junzi - EWH Sentinel Buxi - EWH Commando Jünzi - EWH Operative
----------- The Harbinger -----------

Szabofly
12.04.2012 , 08:32 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by heechJunzi View Post
You eventually get a skill to exit combat and go into stealth.

If you want single target DPS though, I think marauder or assassin would both be more your flavor.

Just plan to get all the classes eventually.
But i dont get that... isn't assassin a stealther too? why does that one have better dps than scoundrel? Wouldn't that just make scoundrel a worse version of assassin?

TonyDragonflame
12.05.2012 , 07:06 AM | #15
which one of sent/vanguard/scrapper should i pick? like big numbers and adrenaline playstyle... any tips?
which one got best pvp dmg output?
If you wanna easy and dumb kill all what moving - go vanguard.
If you wanna kill all what moving with challenge and plenty efforts - go sentinel.
If you wanna what all what moving kill you (if you out of stealth) - go scoundrel
May the Force be with you!
Vigilance vr 100 | Scrapper vr 91 | Focus vr 91 | Assault vr 88 | Infiltration v 82 | Sharpshooter v 73
Manhunter 110+k killed imps | TRE | ToFN

Szabofly
12.05.2012 , 08:24 AM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by TonyDragonflame View Post
If you wanna easy and dumb kill all what moving - go vanguard.
If you wanna kill all what moving with challenge and plenty efforts - go sentinel.
If you wanna what all what moving kill you (if you out of stealth) - go scoundrel
Don't you make me change my mind and reroll a Vanguard now

Aaoogaa
12.05.2012 , 05:41 PM | #17
Lets see fly across the battle field wrecking havoc on the opposition or running around in stealth always trying to catch up. The sent will do better in all warzones while the scrapper will only do well where you have to guard specific points due to the lack of movement.
-I would rather pay for a great game than play a poor game for free.
-Viable and worthwhile are not the same when it comes to class design.
55 Commando - 50 Gunslinger - 50 Guardian
Beta tester...loved the game, hate what it has become.

Szabofly
12.05.2012 , 05:43 PM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by Aaoogaa View Post
Lets see fly across the battle field wrecking havoc on the opposition or running around in stealth always trying to catch up. The sent will do better in all warzones while the scrapper will only do well where you have to guard specific points due to the lack of movement.
And the vanguard? I've heard they got just as much burst as scrappers? :O and much better dps

Invictusthetaru
12.05.2012 , 05:43 PM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by Aaoogaa View Post
This is grossly underrated seeing as these classes are the most rooted / knocked back / snared in the game.

More like standing still waving lightsabers like pom poms :P
Invic- 55 Jugg Tongs-53 Gunslinger
Tongs- 55 Assassin Penné-50 Vanguard
Havesome- 55 Sentinel
iKite- 55 Sorc

Invictusthetaru
12.05.2012 , 05:51 PM | #20
And the vanguard? I've heard they got just as much burst as scrappers? :O and much better dps
Play the class you want, but I'll tell you right now unless you run the tactics spec you will not feel rewarded by playing vanguard.

The class has little skill involved. You have your burst rotation, stuns and taunts obviously but once you get focused you cannot do a thing.

Other classes like guardian / scoundrel can out play their opponents and feel much better; such as guardian leaping out of a smash, cloaking out at the right time, popping dodge when you hear the vanguard / powertech laugh so they miss rail shot.

You really can't outplay a class on PT/ vanguard. You just kite the best you can and do your rotation, it's kill or be killed. That's why the burst is so high, it literally has no maneuverability when in a pinch unless you go Tactics / AP.
Invic- 55 Jugg Tongs-53 Gunslinger
Tongs- 55 Assassin Penné-50 Vanguard
Havesome- 55 Sentinel
iKite- 55 Sorc