Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

How do I explain this to a new player?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
How do I explain this to a new player?

Galbatorrix
12.05.2012 , 10:13 AM | #41
Quote: Originally Posted by Distilde View Post
I fixed this bug myself.
Just removed lightsaber from kira and than equiped again.
problem solved :P

Except you'd have to do that every time she's summoned, you demount, enter a new area, etc.

The fact is, this IS an easy fix. This only happens because companions have their weapons out by default when those scenarios occur (entering an area, summoning, demounting, etc). Once the companion draws the bugged weapon and then re-sheaths it, it's fine. So, Bioware just has to change the default to "sheathed" and problem solved.

Distilde
12.05.2012 , 10:18 AM | #42
I did it multible times yes. But now its doesn't happen anymore.
So for me it's fixed.
But i still think they should fix this bug as well as the speeder bug.
It maybe little things, but it annoys me

Polebreaker
12.05.2012 , 01:44 PM | #43
Quote: Originally Posted by Distilde View Post
I did it multible times yes. But now its doesn't happen anymore.
So for me it's fixed.
But i still think they should fix this bug as well as the speeder bug.
It maybe little things, but it annoys me
I'll bet you 5 credits that it's because your companion's combat stance got turned off somehow.

Vhaegrant
12.05.2012 , 02:45 PM | #44
If your companion uses a single sabre equip a vibrosword instead, if they use a double sabre equip an electrostaff.
Having had enough of the graphical glitch of Jaesa running around impaled on her own weapon or Ashara sheathing her sabres but forgetting to turn them off I purchased them Custom vibroswords or electro staffs transferred the mods across and placed the lightsabres into storage until the bug is fixed. Gets rid of any impaling issues and as a side bonus doesn't leave airborne blades when I mount up.

Yes I know in a perfect world my companions should be running around with lightsabres, but really in the scheme of things there are more important things to complain about that I can't fix with a simple item swap. You know like floating snow in the Imperial base on Ilum.

NSStember
12.05.2012 , 03:21 PM | #45
Quote: Originally Posted by SaceDelora View Post
Clearly my Jaesa companion is meant to have a lightsaber poking out of the top of her head.
Kira tells my Jedi that it "clears her mind" and helps her think through problems

morningstation
12.05.2012 , 07:20 PM | #46
This bug is going to be in this game what the Mustafar lava bug was swg. In a few years it will still be this way with people still asking wth and nothing still being done.

oakamp
12.05.2012 , 07:36 PM | #47
Quote: Originally Posted by Master-Nala View Post
There are only so many hours in a day. This is a silly bug. But it's harmless for most people. If it really ruins your (or your friend's) experience so much, then I really don't think computer games are for you.
agree,
there are more important issues in this game.
English is not my first language, still working on it.

Toweleeeie
12.19.2012 , 07:07 AM | #48
I would really like a Dev to comment on this issue.
Combine Force Melt and Cauterize. Combine Defencive Forums and Defencive Roll. Call it a day.