Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

How do I explain this to a new player?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
How do I explain this to a new player?

Jydo-Law
12.04.2012 , 07:59 AM | #1
My brother-in-law is a massive Star Wars fan. I finally got him to try SWTOR.

He wasn't even on the space station 5 min after getting off Tython and he asks me " Why do all these ppl have their light saber on when they are strapped to their belts? It lookes stupid."

Me: " Yeah ummmm. I dunno know man. BW is gonn fix it soon I'm sure....................................."

HK got 3 bug fixes today!!!!! Why the H#LL hasen't our companions been fixed yet BW?!?!?!

I know ppl are complaining about this. It looks stupid!!! And frankley it shows us u are way more concerned about ANYTHING but quality.

It's the little things. Do the pp who make decisions even play the game or MMOs at all?

Ryat
12.04.2012 , 08:03 AM | #2
Some bugs are more important then others. The whole lightsaber issue while being irritating is not game breaking. There are still game breaking bugs going on so they get the spotlight.

Belacose
12.04.2012 , 08:07 AM | #3
I try not to complain too much, but, ya, that one seems to bother me more than it should.

Before the F2P update it happened less often than now. Now it's just the norm.

And if there was one nit-picky bug I'd like to see fixed sooner than later it'd be this.

Being that it's been around for quite some time, albeit not near as bad as recently, I think the devs are a good bit stumped by it.

MonsterBike
12.04.2012 , 08:43 AM | #4
Totally agree, it's the issue that I see the most and would liked fixed.

Alec_Fortescue
12.04.2012 , 09:25 AM | #5
It's weird cuz it's been around since beta and... It's easily done on purpose by players at most instances...

MariaD
12.04.2012 , 10:32 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Jydo-Law View Post
My brother-in-law is a massive Star Wars fan. I finally got him to try SWTOR.

He wasn't even on the space station 5 min after getting off Tython and he asks me " Why do all these ppl have their light saber on when they are strapped to their belts? It lookes stupid."
There are A LOT of limitations in any medium you choose for your roleplaying needs. Why are there cars in the background of "Braveheart"? Because the moviemakers missed them. Why are historical recreation people wearing modern watches? Etc.

We have to do some suspension of disbelief on our part. Quite a lot.
Quicker
Easier
More seductive

Eszi
12.04.2012 , 10:38 AM | #7
Just say "It's working as intended"

LordArtemis
12.04.2012 , 10:41 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Ryat View Post
Some bugs are more important then others. The whole lightsaber issue while being irritating is not game breaking. There are still game breaking bugs going on so they get the spotlight.
Ok, I have to take issue with a comment like this.

New players will not likely experience the HK bugs. A new player will MOST DEFINITELY see the lightsaber bug all over the place and experience it themselves as well.

The bug really casts a cheap palor over the game for a new player IMO. It needs to be the TOP fix priority from my perspective. ANYTHING that casts the game in a bad light for new players must be a priority.

Master-Nala
12.04.2012 , 10:42 AM | #9
There are only so many hours in a day. This is a silly bug. But it's harmless for most people. If it really ruins your (or your friend's) experience so much, then I really don't think computer games are for you.
Below this is my referral link. If you press it you get free stuff and I get free stuff. This makes you, me....and Bioware happy, but don't let that stop you!
Referral Link---> http://www.swtor.com/r/fDdy48 <---Referral Link

SaceDelora
12.04.2012 , 10:43 AM | #10
Clearly my Jaesa companion is meant to have a lightsaber poking out of the top of her head.