Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Relics for neutral players?

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

gibmachine
12.06.2012 , 03:09 PM | #71
Kudos to Allison for asking but frankly, I can't remember the last time when the response was anything other than "it's on the list of things to do but later". I'm curious to see when things like neutral alignment or character customization (barbershop) will be implemented and whether their quality will justify the time needed for implementation.

If it's something like an ordinary vendor selling copypaste gear with requirements simply removed then I'm gonna have a laugh.
The earth begins to rumble and your foes begin to tremble. You come and destruction comes with you.

Draanok

Zem_
12.06.2012 , 04:14 PM | #72
Quote: Originally Posted by Calsetes View Post
It's surprisingly hard (or actually, "tedious" is a better term) to play a character and keep their alignment in the middle. Pick too many of one option, and you're running Esseles a few times to keep yourself in the non-alignment zone.
Just because it's hard (or tedious) doesn't mean it is worthy of reward. If this is to be just another avenue for min/maxing then why bother with the pretense of morality? The actual moral content of these dialogue choices matter ONLY to roleplayers and yet they are the only ones punished for not ignoring them and just picking the same colored button every time regardless of what it means.

I get the feeling Bioware intended for this stuff to be "the roleplaying part" of the game and probably don't even realize they've encouraged exactly the opposite of RP behavior.

IrishTR
12.10.2012 , 03:58 AM | #73
Content Dev: "Hey Item Guy"
Item Dev: "Yea"
Content Dev: "Strip the restrictions on all L1-50 relics"
Item Dev: "You realize how long that will take?"
Content Dev: "Yea about 10 minutes or less, search for Relic and put additional filter for between Level 1-50, select all and remove Dark Side/Light Side."
Item Dev: "but, but, I personally coded each one by hand"
Content Dev: "Do I have to get a Database Admin to just write a script and do it in the tablespace?"

By the way incase anyone wants to count... 227 Relics that have the Light/Dark Side type of restriction (Not that difficult)

Christ I mean really people it is not that hard to adjust items in an MMO, I've seen and used the tools EA used on a previous MMO and it all boils down to the same thing either use the tool to edit or do it at the Database level whichever you think you can crank out faster. Hell I'll come over on my day off and do it for you free of charge! But please stop making this like its some grand difficult task to accomplish, you already did it once by screwing with Saber Crystals same concept!

drgjed
12.10.2012 , 03:12 PM | #74
Quote: Originally Posted by Igax View Post
Yet another of the MANY broken promises from BW, AKA Soon™.
Everytime I see this I am reminded of the very old and most likely now defunct Star Wars Combined with the dev's always saying content was comming "s00n™"
Quote: Originally Posted by BunnyMage View Post
"Dear MMO maker. I have found that something in the game is still somewhat challenging. Please nerf it."

I really hate the mainstream sometimes.

Lyability
12.28.2012 , 06:40 AM | #75
Bumperz for old but relevant thread.

I'm playing Imp sniper and loving the story line, but I'm having a hard time developing my character to the story line. I quit in frustration because I feel no attachment to the character. I know I'm going to get gimped by not staying to one alignment, first by relics, second my companions (yes, I know how gifts work, but come on, that is really stupid. I slaughter 10 innocent people, and a trinket makes it all better?!). Those of us that are married know flowers only go so far. And from what I heard there are story hooks based on light/dark choices. I cannot confirm or deny as I'm not there yet.

The premise of the game is basically role playing your character, not light vs dark. And some of the locked in choices in my characters view disagree completely with the alignment. For example the Corisant stealing information for the senator. That was a *** alignment moment but proves my point precisely. You do the "right" thing but are awarded dark point because you crossed the gray line.

I agree that my character is chaotic in my choices but neutral in attitude towards the light/dark characterization. That is how I want to play my character, I don't want to be a paladin or black guard when I am playing a smuggler. A smuggler is typically out for the money, out for himself, he may have a weak spot for saving women or a pet peeve when dealing with authority, not out to be good or bad. It is a huge gaping hole that shows Bioware has lost touch with the roleplaying games. Could you imaging the uproar if Neverwinter Nights only gave Lawful or unlawful points? NERD RAGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And thats great that at lvl 50 we get to use "neutral" relics. Awesome. What about lvl 1-49? You know, 95% of the game?

Lynzi
09.05.2013 , 02:27 PM | #76
Quote: Originally Posted by BrianDavion View Post
you can get relics that have no alignment requirement by getting matrix shards
(Sorry, quote is supposed to be from Lord Barak but I clicked on the wrong button)

Thanks for the tip, however...Way. Too. Hard.

After the 20th time failing to get jumps right to get to a matrix shard, or waiting however long for that Tatooine hot air balloon, it's so frustrating I want to log out (and punch my monitor). That should not be necessary if LS and DS characters dont have to do the same for their relics.

AlienEyeTX
09.05.2013 , 02:34 PM | #77
Quote: Originally Posted by Lynzi View Post

After the 20th time failing to get jumps right to get to a matrix shard, or waiting however long for that Tatooine hot air balloon, it's so frustrating I want to log out (and punch my monitor). That should not be necessary if LS and DS characters dont have to do the same for their relics.
I would take waiting a few minutes in the desert over the wait to reach Dark V. Yeah, it's not like you hit that overnight.
I left and came back. Check out this referral link. Welcome home.

hadoken
09.05.2013 , 02:45 PM | #78
Quote: Originally Posted by Lynzi View Post

So get warzone or basic commendations.

Lynzi
09.05.2013 , 03:14 PM | #79
Quote: Originally Posted by bahdasz View Post
People are so childish and stubborn... want something that requires light or dark so bad, choose a side and grind it. Seriously, it's not like there's anything at all you can't live without if you're not Light or Dark V, you're just crying to hear yourselves cry, imo.
So, neutral players are just supposed to accept that in pvp they will always be beaten by LS/DS characters unless they're level 50? Because if all the other gear is equal, that's what will happen.

Lynzi
09.05.2013 , 03:22 PM | #80
Quote: Originally Posted by hadoken View Post
So get warzone or basic commendations.
Ok, don't know what's up with the quote button, maybe it's my phone. I was trying to quote the person saying the tatooine ballon takes a "few" minutes.

A few? Try 39 minutes if you just missed it. Maybe 20 on average, and that's just to get on. Then another 20 or so to get to the matrix shard. Then if you miss the jumps, start over. If LS/DS characters had to do that to get relics before level 50, a character below 50 who had a relic would be a very rare occurrence. Not to mention, if it was reversed, and neutral characters (below 50) could just instantly buy relics while you had to grind matrix shards to get one for your LS/DS purist character, you'd complain too.