Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Relics for neutral players?

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Calsetes
12.05.2012 , 11:57 AM | #31
Quote: Originally Posted by ConradLionhart View Post
What happened to the gear that had these requirements?

Radiance Lightsaber
*Must not be dark side.

Evil blood-covered Lightsaber
*Must not be light side.

Rather than make neutral gear that only neutral people can use, neutral players can use both of the above gear.
Most of that stuff isn't "must not be" and is actually "requires" - and that's just for the stuff that still even has requirements. Most of that was ripped out already, I think, since they were just color crystals causing the alignment restriction. Now that crystals have no restrictions on them, those sabers don't (or shouldn't.)

Honestly, the two biggest things about having a gray character are Relic usage pre-50, and some of the moddable gear from the Light / Dark vendors. It's easier to get a pair of moddable gloves for 1.5k from the Light / Dark vendors at level 9 than it is getting your first pair around level 25 or so, or buying a pair off the cartel Shop for real cash or the GTN for possibly way more than that.

Being a gray character is something I don't think isn't feasible - hell, I've done it and I'm almost done with the JK story and have yet to stray into Light or Dark 1 territory - it's just a lot harder to do. Relics give you endurance, and that's something every class could use more of. Moddable gear earlier on means gear that you can easily keep up-to-date.
The average person thinks he isn't.
-Anonymous

bahdasz
12.05.2012 , 11:58 AM | #32
Also... I really don't understand why the war cry of every "neutral" player is always "I want relics"... I have 3 level dark V or light V 50's and I don't use the force aligned relics on any of them. You get more bang for the buck with the high-end PVP or PVE relics than you do with the force aligned relics in my opinion.

bahdasz
12.05.2012 , 12:01 PM | #33
Quote: Originally Posted by ConradLionhart View Post
What happened to the gear that had these requirements?

Radiance Lightsaber
*Must not be dark side.

Evil blood-covered Lightsaber
*Must not be light side.

Rather than make neutral gear that only neutral people can use, neutral players can use both of the above gear.
You do realize there are about 6000 other lightsabers in this stupid game, right? And you know what, the aligned ones are absolutely no better than any of the other ones.

Crying to hear yourself cry, like I said before. Fact is you think you should be given anything you want without having to earn because that's how it's always been for you... well, guess what? Reality check.

DawnAskham
12.05.2012 , 12:02 PM | #34
Wow another big fail.

It must be monumentally difficult to remove the requirement / check for 'requires alignment X' from the relics.

Just like it must be monumentally difficult to change things like Rakata belts and bracers and a host of marginally useful crafted items from the first tier from BOP to BOE, or to add RE schematics for 23 / 24/ 25 mods and such.

Face it, it isn't ever going to happen. They will only add new things that can be sold in the cash shop, investing time and money to clean up or improve what already exists just isn't in the plans.

Calsetes
12.05.2012 , 12:07 PM | #35
Quote: Originally Posted by bahdasz View Post
Also... I really don't understand why the war cry of every "neutral" player is always "I want relics"... I have 3 level dark V or light V 50's and I don't use the force aligned relics on any of them. You get more bang for the buck with the high-end PVP or PVE relics than you do with the force aligned relics in my opinion.
I'll make this as clear as I can, since you do raise a good point:

FOR LEVELING PURPOSES.

Making two custom relics would work, except for this - what planet would one theoretically have to reach in order to have the right shards needed to make two Strength relics? Will these custom relics let someone "use" them to get a quick boost in damage, healing, or defensive ability? What does one do until they have enough to do this? What happens if someone screws up making a relic, like I did when my Sentinel has an Aim relic for no reason other than he took the only shards he had and threw them in the magic cube-maker mu-cheen?

I threw on those PvP relics you get when you hit 50 because 1, I had nothing in those slots aside from my Aim relic that does nothing for a Sentinel, and 2, because the stats on one relic were roughly five times the combined total of my one custom relic.

Simple question anyone can answer - is it harder or easier to level a neutral character, or an alignment-based one? I think everyone, looking at the numbers and the options available, will easily agree on the same answer there.
The average person thinks he isn't.
-Anonymous

Skodan
12.05.2012 , 02:36 PM | #36
step 1 go to dark side or light side vendor'
step 2 copy said vendor
step 3 paste said vendor
step 4 edit out alignment restrictions on relics
step 5 makes neutral players happy

seems simple to me
The Goa'uld Legacy Level 50 on Jedi Covenant (previously Canderous Ordo)
Imperial Entanglements
Less Imperial Entanglements
Check out LIE and IE: Galaxy Wide Casual Social Guilds

monkgryphon
12.05.2012 , 02:42 PM | #37
Quote: Originally Posted by Skodan View Post
step 1 go to dark side or light side vendor'
step 2 copy said vendor
step 3 paste said vendor
step 4 edit out alignment restrictions on relics
step 5 makes neutral players happy

seems simple to me
Then why would you call them light or dark side vendors?

What about all the blue grade relics that randomly drop and fill up the GTN?

Infalliable
12.05.2012 , 03:06 PM | #38
Quote: Originally Posted by Mazikeen View Post
Neutral gear will remain low on their to-do list since most of the level 50 gear, and pretty much all the good gear, is neutral anyway.
This is pretty much the reason it hasn't been changed.

It only matters for leveling gear, and I think most players don't keep up with relics anyway. I know I rarely upgrade them when leveling. At endgame, every single L50 relic lacks alignment restrictions so it becomes a non-issue.

monkgryphon
12.05.2012 , 03:20 PM | #39
Quote: Originally Posted by LegendaryBlade View Post
Haven't you made this same exact post before? Either way it's factually incorrect.

Just because I don't want to shoot a bunch of innocent engineers out an airlock doesn't mean I wont put a bullet in an insane doctor who is kidnapping and torturing people. Promising a woman I will retrieve her long lost family heirloom doesn't mean I don't have the fortitude to launch missiles at the enemy fleet instead of a moon for no reason.

Just because I wont condemn an entire convoy of civilians to death doesn't mean I wont destroy a camp of force sensitive rakghouls just because they might be sentient (even though they clearly aren't). Just because I decided to trust the Jedi over a Sith woman trying to seduce me doesn't mean I wont help a Senator who is trying to turn his life around hide his criminal past.

You see how many of these things have nothing to do with each other?

A neutral character is most likely one that chooses the practical options a lot. Neutral artifacts need to be introduced because it makes sense for characters to be neutral.
That's just it. There is not always a third choice when it comes to most of the moral choices. Self preservation, righteousness, self-interest, or practicality does not make you neutral. Take the Esseles, there really is no neutral choices available. The only neutral choice I see, would be to just accept whatever comes from other people's decisions even if it means death. But no, we don't have that option. You have to work toward self-preservation, in that quest to keep yourself alive and the rest of the crew alive, you have to make decisions on whether to kill or let certain people live. You're already put in a position where your actions here dictate the morality meter. Instead of jettisoning the engineering, or even doing the good bypass, you should've accepted defeat. There is no 3rd choice.

Choosing to be good at one point then choosing to throw out your moral path later on doesn't make you neutral, it just puts you back on the path toward evil morals. There is no middle path, it's either turn right or turn left.

The practical choice when 4 people fall onto the subway tracks is to get a few others to help you get them out. However, no one else is around. Ok your choices are limited. So lets do something crazy and really put yourself at risk to do a GOOD thing to try and save them before the train comes. Since no one is around, it's more practical to just leave them and not risk yourself, but that can be viewed as BAD as you chose not to help. No you didn't have a phone, or enough time to contact anyone, and there is no way to stop the train.

There is no practical alignment.

Skodan
12.05.2012 , 04:00 PM | #40
Quote: Originally Posted by monkgryphon View Post
Then why would you call them light or dark side vendors?

What about all the blue grade relics that randomly drop and fill up the GTN?
think you misunderstood, i realize it wasnt that clear after re-reading it.

you keep the light and dark side vendors, but to add the neutral vendors too they just need to copy/paste one of those vendors and just remove the alignment restrictions on the items they sell
The Goa'uld Legacy Level 50 on Jedi Covenant (previously Canderous Ordo)
Imperial Entanglements
Less Imperial Entanglements
Check out LIE and IE: Galaxy Wide Casual Social Guilds