Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Relics for neutral players?

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

TUXs
12.05.2012 , 11:20 AM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Eszi View Post
Same was said like 8 months ago
Get use to it. They're amazingly good at planning out future updates and features...it's the here and now they seem to falter at.
All warfare is based on deception If his forces are united, separate them If you are far from the enemy, make him believe you are near A leader leads by example not by force

My referral code: here (what you get here [FREE server transfer being a key perk!!])

LodSock
12.05.2012 , 11:31 AM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by TUXs View Post
Get use to it. They're amazingly good at planning out future updates and features...it's the here and now they seem to falter at.
I'm laughing and crying at the same time. Cuz its true.

Urael
12.05.2012 , 11:34 AM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by Eszi View Post
Same was said like 8 months ago
Indeed. And as usual the answer to all our questions is: Soon!!()

Calsetes
12.05.2012 , 11:42 AM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by monkgryphon View Post
So you chose to be evil half the time, and good the other half? That doesn't make you neutral, as you still perform evil deeds among good deeds. It just makes you chaotic.

The funny thing, now that you're 50, you can get any of the numerous level 50 relics that don't have an alignment restriction. Do your dailies and get Campaign/ Dread Guard Relics, and PVP relics.
Yeah, the sucky thing about us "neutrals" is that we were born with hearts filled with neutrality. I kept my guy in the middle of the alignment bar simply because I wanted, as a Sentinel, one red saber and one blue saber. It's both a bit of roleplaying in the fact that he believes sometimes you have to do good things for good reasons, and bad things for good reasons, and also a bit of a character concept idea I've had in other games and stories where the character has one blue sword and one red sword.

Anyway, even after the alignment restrictions lifted off crystals, I stayed neutral. Why? Simple - I have about 1.5x the needed alignment points to be either Light or Dark V, and simply "grinding it out" to be either Light or Dark V would be an incredibly asinine undertaking at this point - roughly 40 full and complete runs of Esseles as it stands right now to complete that. Given that most Republic players go "LIGHT SIDE!" as soon as they see the choice, and DO NOT heed my "trust me, pick this option here on this choice, it lets everyone pick alignment gain however they want and everyone's happy," I can easily expect it to take longer if I take along other people.

Honestly, I would say do not expect "neutral" or "gray" gear at any point. Hell, they've been saying since March that "neutral gear's coming. It's looking great so far!" And now the post by the dev that makes it sound like it's not even seen a cursory glance beyond a sticky note on someone's desk buried under a pile of paperwork and maybe someone's lunch... just know that if you're going the "gray" route, you're taking a harder path. I don't honestly blame them - "Gray Jedi / Sith" players probably make up, if I had to guess, 5% of the player population. That's "player population," and only taking into account any player with any number of Grays on their account. I only have one true Gray, and I've already filled up all 12 slots on my main server and one on a secondary server - roughly 8% of my characters. So a fraction of a fraction would end up using it.
The average person thinks he isn't.
-Anonymous

bahdasz
12.05.2012 , 11:44 AM | #25
People are so childish and stubborn... want something that requires light or dark so bad, choose a side and grind it. Seriously, it's not like there's anything at all you can't live without if you're not Light or Dark V, you're just crying to hear yourselves cry, imo.

Urael
12.05.2012 , 11:44 AM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by TUXs View Post
Unless they concentrate on the here and now there won't be a future. If they know this, their answers and actions do not seem to show it.

LegendaryBlade
12.05.2012 , 11:48 AM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by monkgryphon View Post
So you chose to be evil half the time, and good the other half? That doesn't make you neutral, as you still perform evil deeds among good deeds. It just makes you chaotic.
Haven't you made this same exact post before? Either way it's factually incorrect.

Just because I don't want to shoot a bunch of innocent engineers out an airlock doesn't mean I wont put a bullet in an insane doctor who is kidnapping and torturing people. Promising a woman I will retrieve her long lost family heirloom doesn't mean I don't have the fortitude to launch missiles at the enemy fleet instead of a moon for no reason.

Just because I wont condemn an entire convoy of civilians to death doesn't mean I wont destroy a camp of force sensitive rakghouls just because they might be sentient (even though they clearly aren't). Just because I decided to trust the Jedi over a Sith woman trying to seduce me doesn't mean I wont help a Senator who is trying to turn his life around hide his criminal past.

You see how many of these things have nothing to do with each other?

A neutral character is most likely one that chooses the practical options a lot. Neutral artifacts need to be introduced because it makes sense for characters to be neutral.
Star Trek Online Science Officer - "To boldy go where no man has gone before."
Jung Ma RP-PVP Server:
Armetage - Gunslinger

ConradLionhart
12.05.2012 , 11:49 AM | #28
What happened to the gear that had these requirements?

Radiance Lightsaber
*Must not be dark side.

Evil blood-covered Lightsaber
*Must not be light side.

Rather than make neutral gear that only neutral people can use, neutral players can use both of the above gear.
Level 50 Jedi Guardian

Expanded Companion System
http://www.swtor.com/community/showp...6&postcount=28

Mazikeen
12.05.2012 , 11:50 AM | #29
Neutral gear will remain low on their to-do list since most of the level 50 gear, and pretty much all the good gear, is neutral anyway.
"Someone ever tries to kill you, you try to kill 'em right back!" - Malcolm Reynolds

FooBard
12.05.2012 , 11:53 AM | #30
Make your own relics.... They are FREE.

Hunt matrix shards... Just one of those = TWO of the alignments relics.

Just saying.

source

Level 15 cubes
■Blue Yellow Green = 14 Endurance, 11 Strength (M2-W0)
■Red Yellow Green = 8 Endurance, 18 Willpower (M2-W1)
■Red Blue Green = 15 Aim, 10 Endurance (M2-W2)
■Red, Blue, Yellow = 18 Strength, 8 Endurance (M2-W3)

Level 24 cubes
■Red Yellow Yellow = 19 Strength, 24 Endurance (M3-O1)
■Blue Yellow Yellow = 19 Aim, 24 Endurance
■Green Yellow Yellow = 14 Endurance, 28 Cunning (M3-L1)
■Red Blue Blue = 24 Endurance, 19 Willpower (M3-V2)
■Yellow Blue Blue = 24 Endurance, 19 Strength (M3-J2)
■Green Blue Blue = 28 Aim, 14 Endurance (M3-A2)

Level 32 cubes
■Yellow Red Red = 29 Strength, 33 Endurance
■Blue Red Red = 33 Endurance, 29 Willpower (M4-V1)
■Green Red Red = 39 Aim, 23 Endurance (M4-B2)
■Red Green Green = 23 Endurance, 39 Cunning (M4-B1)
■Yellow Green Green = 29 Strength, 33 Endurance (M4-L0)
■Blue Green Green = 29 Aim, 33 Endurance (M4-A1)

Note: I hope this is a bug, but Yellow Red Red and Yellow Green Green Matrix cubes have the same stats.
Level 50 cubes Force Users:
■Yellow Yellow Yellow = 52 Strength, 60 Endurance, 18 Defense (M7-Y3)
■Green Green Green = 58 Strength, 50 Endurance, 24 Crit (M7-G3)
■Red Red Red = 66 Willpower, 56 Endurance, 27 Crit (M7-R3)
■Blue Blue Blue = 58 Aim, 50 Endurance, 24 Crit

Level 50 cubes Tech Users
■Yellow Yellow Yellow = 52 Aim, 60 Endurance, 18 Defense (M7-Y3)
■Green Green Green = 58 Strength, 50 Endurance, 28 Crit (M7-G0).
■Red Red Red = 54 Endurance, 80 Cunning, 8 Critical Rating (M7-R3)
■Blue Blue Blue = 58 Aim, 50 Endurance, 24 Crit (M7-B3)