Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Corner Capping in Novare... Fix please?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Corner Capping in Novare... Fix please?

Xerain
12.03.2012 , 07:46 PM | #1
Can you guys fix it so people with body type 1 and 2 can't go into the corner and cap in Novare without been seen or clicked on?

Seriously. IT's stupid to watch your node being capped and then having to use ****** tab targeting to get them and hit them.

Jakev-
12.03.2012 , 08:07 PM | #2
Yeah...
Insomniaq Atense Amersu
<I AM LEGEND>
Prophecy of the Five

cashogy
12.03.2012 , 08:09 PM | #3
um what? aoe'ing is hard.......

and not even sure what youre talking about. an exploit where they go into the wall? or just standing in the very corner of the room?

Xerain
12.03.2012 , 08:16 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by cashogy View Post
um what? aoe'ing is hard.......

and not even sure what youre talking about. an exploit where they go into the wall? or just standing in the very corner of the room?
They go into the wall and you can't see them.

I only have a leap for ranged so running all the way over to them is kinda hard and my AOE isn't placed anywhere I want from ranged like DFA.

Piam
12.03.2012 , 08:35 PM | #5
Yeah, it's pretty stupid.

From what I've seen, some people can get so far into the corner that their body becomes clipped into the wall. The enemy nameplate doesn't show up anymore the beam from capping is very hard to see. They are still target-able (not sure if tab-targeting works) and single target abilities can still hit them off the cap.

cashogy
12.03.2012 , 08:40 PM | #6
if its an exploit that should be fixed, but i have never seen that happen. i have a body type 1 character, and i can get right into the corner where you can only see me if youre either in the room or directly in front of it.

if youve got a screenshot of something of someone actually clipping into the wall, then that is clearly an exploit and should be fixed.

Xerain
12.03.2012 , 08:49 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by cashogy View Post
if its an exploit that should be fixed, but i have never seen that happen. i have a body type 1 character, and i can get right into the corner where you can only see me if youre either in the room or directly in front of it.

if youve got a screenshot of something of someone actually clipping into the wall, then that is clearly an exploit and should be fixed.
You can clip right into the wall and not be seen or clicked on with body type one... it's stupid. I've done it in lowbies just to see and they're more derpy there though. It's stupid you gotta tab target them cause all you click on is wall.

Piam
12.03.2012 , 09:16 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Xerain View Post
You can clip right into the wall and not be seen or clicked on with body type one... it's stupid. I've done it in lowbies just to see and they're more derpy there though. It's stupid you gotta tab target them cause all you click on is wall.
I've been able to click target people so deep in the corner that their body clips/nameplate is gone.

It's still cheap as hell though.

rmitchell
12.03.2012 , 09:17 PM | #9
its called tab targeting
RYRE -> Ryere
Nadd's Sarcophagus -> The Bastion
The grand legacy of delicious breads
<Hey Im Nostrum>

vimm
12.03.2012 , 09:33 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Xerain View Post
They go into the wall and you can't see them.

I only have a leap for ranged so running all the way over to them is kinda hard and my AOE isn't placed anywhere I want from ranged like DFA.
I don't see how you being melee is relevant; you're melee regardless of where they are.
geeR
Phantom of the Operative