Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

1st Anniversary Fireworks are Coming!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
1st Anniversary Fireworks are Coming!
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

pchayka
12.06.2012 , 02:13 AM | #201
Fireworks? Srsly?

DarthVengeant
12.06.2012 , 02:27 AM | #202
"25 complimentary stacks of faction-based fireworks"

After all the money we consumers have spent and dealing with problems with patches and game crashes, all you can give us is some stupid firework emote crap? Party Jawas and Fireworks. Whoopdy Do. Wow....what a "celebration"....this was really well thought out heh? "sarcasm"

Id rather have some ITEMS I can use and things I actually WANT. I don't know, like being able to mod ANY gear I want, since most high end gear looks like utter crap in SWTOR. I don't know, like being able to buy the EXACT ITEM I want using my Cartel coins (which I earned) and not some idiotic box I have no idea what I will get in. I could think of many things. Not being given garbage I have no use for or could frankly care less about.

This "gift" is just a slap in the face.

_Darkstar
12.06.2012 , 07:28 AM | #203
Why are people asking for a permanent version of a waste of time gift?

Mount, modable adaptive celebratory armor (Statless), unique colour crystal (Red and white if that isn't already done?) something that has some gameplay use please.

I also assume that there will be a standard double xp week or something that most MMO's have at this kind of thing?

I actually do mean to sound ungrateful unlike most other people, and I hate it when devs give gifts that only a certain type of player care about and that actively annoy other type of players.
British by act of union, English by grace of God, Northern by pure good fortune!

sstanks
12.06.2012 , 08:55 AM | #204
Quote: Originally Posted by Korusus View Post
No you're wrong. I'm still enjoying the same things about this game that I enjoyed at launch. BioWare Austin has lost 100% of its passion since the layoffs and restructuring. It shows in the quality of the marketing videos they've released, it shows in this stupid fireworks announcement, it even shows in their body language on the Q&A livestreams. The people at BioWare Austin that had passion for this game are gone, fired or fled, and what we have left are professional MMO babysitters who think typical MMO things like fireworks are "good enough".
and if this isn't the only gift?

aeterno
12.06.2012 , 11:46 AM | #205
Fireworks are fine but all I really want for our anniversary is an expansion announcement.

Lorica
12.06.2012 , 11:54 AM | #206
Ugh, more inventory clog and oh no, the firework plague is following from MMO to MMO!

chimex
12.06.2012 , 12:00 PM | #207
I'm going to launch mine all at once on the fleet at prime time!!
The Progenitor (RP): Shazmi:<Crimson Moon>

Aus_Jedi
12.06.2012 , 12:15 PM | #208
Basically another reason Bioware with an MMO is a joke. Fireworks really....well I guess if they would have given us something more perm. like banner, armor it would have been something already in the game, just a different color.

Sindorin
12.06.2012 , 12:50 PM | #209
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthVengeant View Post
"25 complimentary stacks of faction-based fireworks"

After all the money we consumers have spent and dealing with problems with patches and game crashes, all you can give us is some stupid firework emote crap? Party Jawas and Fireworks. Whoopdy Do. Wow....what a "celebration"....this was really well thought out heh? "sarcasm"

Id rather have some ITEMS I can use and things I actually WANT. I don't know, like being able to mod ANY gear I want, since most high end gear looks like utter crap in SWTOR. I don't know, like being able to buy the EXACT ITEM I want using my Cartel coins (which I earned) and not some idiotic box I have no idea what I will get in. I could think of many things. Not being given garbage I have no use for or could frankly care less about.

This "gift" is just a slap in the face.

Cool Story. You can unsub under 'My Account'. The rest of us paid the same money and aren't acting like a spoiled child. Grow up.
For The Empire!

Oya, Surtr! Ni su'cuyi, gar kyr'adyc, ni partayli, gar darasuum!

Darth_Exar
12.06.2012 , 02:15 PM | #210
Eh I appreciate the thought..However it seems a bit dull, like the glowing eyes from the CP, it gets old quick and really it is the 1st anniversary..could have been a little bit more creative. But thank you for giving us something I guess...
"So this is how Liberty dies....With thunderous applause."