Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

1st Anniversary Fireworks are Coming!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
1st Anniversary Fireworks are Coming!
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Rogoo
12.05.2012 , 09:50 AM | #191
Quote: Originally Posted by Stubacca View Post
Wow, almost a year and chat bubbles are still missing from the game. You should work on them instead of wasting time making fireworks and Wookiee Life Day stuff. What's use is Wookiee Life Day stuff without playable Wookiees anyway?
They won't give us chat bubbles anytime soon. Reason ? Performance issues.

That's right, you've read it correctly.

Chat bubbles reduce framerate drastically. The engine is that terrible.

Quote: Originally Posted by CourtneyWoods View Post
December 20th marks the 1st Anniversary of the official launch of Star Wars™: The Old Republic™! To thank our community for their continued support throughout this memorable first year, we’re happy to announce that all players with a valid Star Wars: The Old Republic account as of December 10th, 11:59PM CST will receive 25 complimentary stacks of faction-based fireworks! Fireworks will be delivered via in-game mail on December 11, 2012 to all qualifying players.

Read More
Screw you fireworks. Give me AMD Crossfire support.
You are not your rig specs. You are not your K/D ratio. You are not your character level. You are not your sig.
Gunslinger / Shadow / Sentinel / Powertech
The Hero engine: a 2005 technology bringing 2013 rigs to their knees.

darthpleagues
12.05.2012 , 12:25 PM | #192
Quote: Originally Posted by Bredeweg View Post
so instead of give us a stack of 25 why not just make it like the party jawa were it has unlimted uses
ya but for the subs that have been with the game for a year so we can brag how cool we are. It would show that bioware loves the long trem subs

lvl 50 sniper
lvl 50 sin tank
lvl 50 slinger

Kirazan
12.05.2012 , 01:23 PM | #193
Quote: Originally Posted by H-aTreD View Post
I'm overcome with excitement..
Overcome with disappointment would be more like it...
Here for part of beta and then pre-launch...
Here through forced server moves, countless bugs (most of which still exist) daily crashes (no solution given for this issue)...i could go on, but why bother...
When I logged in and saw the fireworks announcement all I could do was sigh and say "REALLY?!"
Don't get me wrong, I love this game or I wouldn't still be here. But this so called reward felt more like an insult to me. The faithful that have been here since pre-launch and before....surely we are worth more than fireworks that are going to cause crashes and horrific lag.

Give us speeders, titles, color crystals....but fireworks?!!?!! REALLY!???
Looking for a fun, active, mature guild? The Enclave Legacy, on The Shadowlands server, is recruiting!
The Enclave Website
Whisper Kateara, Fezzie or Hold'en in game for info!

gamersglory
12.05.2012 , 01:42 PM | #194
So everybody get this what about those of us that have had a paid sub since launch. I would hope something great!!!!

Irawratih
12.05.2012 , 06:25 PM | #195
i can sum up this gift in one word.
LAME

djmothra
12.05.2012 , 09:32 PM | #196
I know they are free and we really shouldn't complain, I can't but feel thoroughly underwhelmed.
Not a Valued Subscriber
Tanking is a Skill - Healing is an Art - DPS is a Science

Draconious
12.05.2012 , 10:40 PM | #197
wow... fireworks.

That must have taken some serious thought.... How about a real reward for those of us that have stuck around and paid our subs for 1 year despite there being better games on the market?
Lord Draconious
Overlord the Sith'Ari
Sith'Ari in GuildPortal & Sith'Ari in SWtOR

Gemin
12.05.2012 , 11:05 PM | #198
This is a terrible idea. But whatever, I don't "expect" or "deserve" something decent for playing since the start, so I don't really care.

Gonna be interesting to see all the graphics-lag complaints hit the forums though...

Seriously though, you want to REWARD players? Give us a Campain Mainhand token for each char we have at lvl 50.

WhillB
12.06.2012 , 12:57 AM | #199
I f we had chat bubbles and could talk to other players maybe something like this would be fun. As it stands, there is no community and zero player interaction. This is still a single player game with the possibility of an mmo.

*** was the idea behind the face emotes? YOU NEVER SEE ANOTHER PLAYER UP CLOSE ENOUGH TO USE THEM! Why? Because the only way to talk to another player is a little box wich no one looks at and shouts across the entire planet.

If I am standing next to someone and ask them a question, or vice versa, what is the chance they or I will even see it? None. Bad, bad, bad design.

Chat bubbles will reduce performance?!?!?! Really?! If that is even remotely true then this game is doomed.

To come out with a game, in this day and age, with the Star Wars IP, and not be able to include the most basic functions is just *insert any term you like*.

WhillB
12.06.2012 , 01:00 AM | #200
Quote: Originally Posted by WhillB View Post
I f we had chat bubbles and could talk to other players maybe something like this would be fun. As it stands, there is no community and zero player interaction. This is still a single player game with the possibility of an mmo.

*** was the idea behind the face emotes? YOU NEVER SEE ANOTHER PLAYER UP CLOSE ENOUGH TO USE THEM! Why? Because the only way to talk to another player is a little box wich no one looks at and shouts across the entire planet.

If I am standing next to someone and ask them a question, or vice versa, what is the chance they or I will even see it? None. Bad, bad, bad design.

Chat bubbles will reduce performance?!?!?! Really?! If that is even remotely true then this game is doomed.

To come out with a game, in this day and age, with the Star Wars IP, and not be able to include the most basic functions is just *insert any term you like*.

Why would the word "what" turn into ***?