Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Meet the Developers: Jonathan Crow

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Meet the Developers: Jonathan Crow
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Fornix
12.01.2012 , 03:58 AM | #31
Quote: Originally Posted by Izorii View Post
Hello. I have a question you say you watch trends and help the developers focus on areas of player interest do you spend much time on the forums, do you ever look at the suggestion page and if you do what do you think the top 5 places of improvement are for the forum going crowd?
Much more interesting in that line of thought is:

How much of the forum requests match the interests as being seen by ingame play metrics?
Member of <Helix>

Timtimbot
12.01.2012 , 03:59 AM | #32
Jon, if I may call you Jon. If not.....Hello Jonathan. I'd LOVE to be apart of your guys MTG crew! I got a sweet Blue-Black field and Graveyard Lock down Mill deck! So far I've decked all my friends decks even with a" Progenitus" in their deck's. I won't reveal my combo but I'd Love to hear more about you an your friends love of MTG.

an PS My first toon was an IA and people who aren't playing them need to cause they are missing out on an AMAZING story!
Do, or do not...There is no try

AsheraII
12.01.2012 , 05:37 AM | #33
Nice read! I didn't know people still played MtG either, lol. *thinks about digging up the boxes of pre-'98 cards from the attic*
. . . . . . ¶▀‼▀▀▀▀
__=##¯¯(▀▀[Φ]▀▀▀▀‼‼▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀‼▀▀!
|####/ ( /==¯¯¯¯¯|####/¯¯

nidalad
12.01.2012 , 10:33 AM | #34
Quote: Originally Posted by Fornix View Post
This is why we can't have nice things.

They do the dev interviews, they give us insight in a particular field of work. But just because some kid isn't satisfied, the moaning about it being no dev feedback instantly starts again.

And then some of those same people are still surprised why BioWare interaction with the community is so low. To the rest of us, the level of communication truly isn't a surprise anymore. If I were in their shoes I'd want nothing to do with people who post that kind of crap quoted either.
They ****ed up, this game had enormous potential. It's good that they're trying to improve but they have a long way to go. I'd just like to see them say "yeah we ****ed up, our bad"
Moonrunner

BrewMike
12.01.2012 , 11:55 AM | #35
Quote: Originally Posted by Lurtzello View Post
What do the top two lines (the pink and the grey one) of the posted graph rapresent?
Is one used for the time spent in space combat missions and the other for the time spent on the personal starship?
I'm curious as well about this. It appears the pink area is about 3% and has not fluctuated, which leads me to believe that it represents an area that doesn't have an incentive to spend time in, like the player's personal ship. The grey area does fluctuate and is on a slow decline, so it would make sense if this represents space combat. However, space combat is part of dailies, so most likely is included there.

Thank you for sharing one of your charts. I would love to see more of these.

P.S. Home brewing is an great hobby , the results of which being fresh and delicious beer to enjoy while you make the next batch. "Relax, don't worry, have a home brew." - Charlie Papazian

Flintfire
12.02.2012 , 07:09 AM | #36
Its good to know that there are people behind a great MMO like SWTOR. Now whenever I'm out battling something crazy on a planet Im going to think about these people making it all happen behind the scenes.
Infyrno Lvl 55 Infyrnus Lvl 46
Leiptr Lvl 55 Venaticus Lvl 37
Krrayt Lvl 55
Sleipe Lvl 55

Petnil
12.02.2012 , 09:06 AM | #37
Do you have any statistics on the tank/healer/dps ratio in swtor ? Also, do dps tend to use lfg tool less than tanks and healers ? Maybe it´s just me but i rarely use lfg on a dps char.

When deciding on 4man groups did you (development as a whole) look into statistics of similar games with tank/healer/dps setup and balanced the groupsize on how many players usually play each type of class, or did you just decide on a 4man group to make it different from that other mmo ? (leading question i know)

After you have answered the questions feel you can answer, is there any chance you´ll get back later to this thread and maybe do some followup answers. Maybe check in on your thread every 14 days and just say hi if there´s no questions.

Also i would love if the other development who we´ve met would follow their threads and maybe come with followup answers ever 14days or so. I know you can only answer for yourself, but having a bit of feedback from development is much apreciated.

Wudlees
12.02.2012 , 09:28 AM | #38
Quote: Originally Posted by RalphYauger View Post
I find it interesting that more time is spent on fleet or in Ops, FP's, and WZ. (and not much on planetary time - i.e. time spent "in the story" of the War between the Sith and the Republic) - that means there are a lot of lvl 50's that are running around without something to do - or they are running the FP's, etc. over and over for a few commendations and getting bored like me. How many times do we have to keep running the same Ops, etc. before we just quit from bordom. The game is about the storyline and without expanding and changing the storyline it just gets too boring. So I run an ops 4 or 5 times just to get some minor upgrades and to beat the op? --- after that there is no more challenge or purpose! And you think I'm going to create more than 2 or 3 characters just to run them through the same missions over and over again? All the new level 50 ops, etc., are nothing more than bait to keep the die-hards hanging on for another month or two, another piece of gear so they can brag to their friends, etc..

SWTOR is a cool game (and story) for level 1 - 50 ------- then it completely fails!

Suggestion:
There should be a different "multi-path" story for each advance class - that way everyone will stay interested in the story and have multiple possiblities for their characters even if they play the same character type multiple times - = endless hours of play, no bordom, more players, and more money for your company... A game's success depends on a good story and once you reach lvl 50 in SWTOR there is no more story....
I support this wholeheartedly. Story is the reason I play SWTOR.

WNxAbaddon
12.02.2012 , 02:11 PM | #39
None SWTOR questions :O

I saw u play MTG, whats your fav deck to play ? I myself am a black / white player by trade Orchov control deck thats kinda nasty

whats your fav card of all time if you could pick one ???
Darth Abaddon Tott doneeta █|||||||||||||()█╣█████████████████████████████████)

Darth-Malice
12.02.2012 , 10:29 PM | #40
Updates about new content and the like please. Maybe this developer stuff would have been useful a year ago when you had a million players. Not so much now.
||||||||███████████████████████████████)