Ilum Invasion Event coming February / March 2013

omNOMNOMinator

29/11/2012 9:10 GMT Bioware said on a livestream Q&A that there will be an Ilum 'invasion' event in February or March that will completely redesign Ilum or just add a new area - more likely a redesign. It has been spoken of before so some of what I'm saying is in reference to previous mentions.

It will feature PvP elements, as well as other stuff. It will feature the best level design in the game as of yet according to the developers.

They have a working copy at the moment that will be developed over time until then.

Exciting stuff for sure.

Edited by omNOMNOMinator

I'm sure it will eventually come... But originally they did state Jan 2013 for Ilum changes and the World Event Dec. 2012.... Seems there falling a bit behind or maybe there increasing the scope of the project to make it better....

One can hope...

I'm sure it will eventually come... But originally they did state Jan 2013 for Ilum changes and the World Event Dec. 2012.... Seems there falling a bit behind or maybe there increasing the scope of the project to make it better....

One can hope...

I think they are making it better than before - and FTP move has shifted literally everything backwards.

Q: Any plans to reboot Ilum or introduce more open world PvP? Schubert: It's something we want to do. It's going to be different from the original Ilum because, well, that didn't work too well. We think people will like it. It won't just be a PvP thing.

Here is what the Transcript on darthater.com says about IIum.

http://www.darthhater.com/articles/swtor-news/22517-bioware-livestream-q-a-coverage

29/11/2012 9:10 GMT Bioware said on a livestream Q&A that there will be an Ilum 'invasion' event in February or March that will completely redesign Ilum or just add a new area - more likely a redesign. It has been spoken of before so some of what I'm saying is in reference to previous mentions.

It will feature PvP elements, as well as other stuff. It will feature the best level design in the game as of yet according to the developers.

They have a working copy at the moment that will be developed over time until then.

Exciting stuff for sure.

I'll believe it when I see it .

That will most probably depend on your computer specs. For me, old ilum ran fine at 40 - 60 fps.

No PC in the world can handle a large scale battle on Ilum at 40-60 FPS. That is only true if less than 30 - 40 people attend in total. But for really big battles, the game engine simply can't keep up and your framerate will drop bellow 20fps. I recently took part in a world PvP event with about 80 people fighting on Belsavis and my framerate was 12-20fps while my processor usage was at 50% and my GPU at 30% (i5 2500K + GTX670). The limiting factor is the game's engine, not our hardware.

Edited by Pahomi

I think now that they had this whole year of working on f2p, the game will FINALLY start to take off NEXT year. That's what I think. Sounds really cool I hope it blows our minds!

I agree, now that the f2p is in place, time to get things rolling, they did restucture, and I am sure also smaller staff, they can only work with what EA gives them to work with, I hope the next year is a good year in the world of TOR :) It sounds like things are starting to come around, time will tell :)

If it goes live, it will look like a giant cake with a zillion fat kids ganking it 'til it crashes. Then they will come gank the forum demanding to know why their cake was taken away.

You know I'm right. :D

yeah, because when a game's player base flocks to newly released shiny stuff and it breaks, it's the gamers' fault.

keep drinking that rainbow cool aid.