Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Bring back the old project!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
Bring back the old project!

Maxiiimuss
11.29.2012 , 10:10 AM | #1
the new dumbed down versions of project and force wave are just awful. my favorite part about playing my shadow was that he picked up different objects and smashed people with them or jumped up into the air and pushed them away. they looked, sounded, and seemed really powerful. now theres almost no animation at all, you can't even see the rocks getting thrown, and they seem weaker since the animation is weak. bring back the old project at the very least, this "damage delay" is negligible and petty when immersion into the world and feeling like youre using the force like before is what the game is about. every move has some sort of delay in any game due to an action sequence.. now they just look awful and ruin the fun of the class, thats not a good trade for a measely .3 second quicker number pop.

leijae
11.29.2012 , 10:56 AM | #2
*disagree
Imp: <Falcon Punch> Bottom of the top tier PvP
........<Public Enemies>
Pub: <Fight>
........<Video Game Loft>

sithhunter_
11.29.2012 , 01:40 PM | #3
Well the point was for PvP, the delay made it pretty easy for stealth classes to get out of your project. I like the changes, the only thing i dont like about the changes is wave only pushes forward now.. but i dont use wave much as a tank.. lol so, GOOD JOB BIOWARE!
Textbook Execution
The Harbinger
Klah'quin Troublemaker, Deposer of the Dread Masters

Thoreris
11.29.2012 , 03:51 PM | #4
I second this the old project wa sone of the coolest looking moves in the game. After they changed it i got so bored with my sage i gave up and rerolled another class. I honestly can careless about this "pvp unbalanced crap" Instead of changin the animations of a cool move why didn't they add a charge for shock. Bioware you really did a bad decision

Altheran
11.29.2012 , 04:02 PM | #5
Strictly visually speaking, I can agree that Project has not the same feel than before, but Force Wave is fine.

Maybe they could change a bit the movement that our Consular does when doing Force Wave, but I don't miss the jump...
I mean, if I wanted to jump bump, I could do it myself manually. The jump was really the "too-much-thing" for me.
It's the kind of thing that look cool first, but because it's not a move that's necessary and looks like acting (does he really have to jump before generating a wave which emits from his body and not from the shock with the floor ?), it gets old pretty fast and then it's boring as hell.
Now, about the movement... I'd prefer they would do the same "hand push" that Knghts does or rather similar to Inquisitor's Shock for better timing instead of the "BOO ! Ah, you're all scared !" move with the arms.

Now, mechanicly speaking, their change are good.

_biddan_
11.29.2012 , 04:12 PM | #6
the new project is 100 times better than that slow dull deleaied rock trow.
Tomb of Freedon Nadd

Caesar Legacy
Legacy lvl 50

KeyboardNinja
11.29.2012 , 04:36 PM | #7
Clearly you've never seen the Inquisitor knockback animation…

The Project animation really annoys me. Always did. The change they made was to correct game balance, which I think is more important than cosmetics. However, I'd be even happier if they'd fix this horrible "rock throwing" themed class and give Project and Telekinetic Throw decent, Jedi-ish animations.
Computer Programmer. Theory Crafter. Dilettante on The Ebon Hawk.
Tam (shadow tank) Tov-ren (commando healer) Aveo (retired sentinel) Nimri (ruffian scoundrel)
Averith (marksman sniper) Alish (lightning sorcerer) Aresham (vengeance jugg) Effek (pyro pt)

MrGarak
12.05.2012 , 07:49 PM | #8
I agree. The animation for Force Wave in particular is really boring now.

Dyvim
12.07.2012 , 09:49 PM | #9
Throwing junk, rocks and pebbles as the signature move of this jedi class always has and always will sux. At least with speeded up junk throwing it reduced the sux from a game mechanics point of view. But make no mistake, the sux is still there.
The Crystal is the Heart of the Blade.
The Heart is the Crystal of the Jedi.
The Jedi is the Crystal of the Force.
The Force is the Blade of the Heart.
All are Intertwined...the Crystal, the Blade, the Jedi...

Maxiiimuss
12.08.2012 , 09:53 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Dyvim View Post
Throwing junk, rocks and pebbles as the signature move of this jedi class always has and always will sux. At least with speeded up junk throwing it reduced the sux from a game mechanics point of view. But make no mistake, the sux is still there.
Anyone who says "sux" loses all credibility to anyone over the age of 11. Every star wars movie has a pivotal point where a force user throws and lifts objects to attack. You fail at life.