Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Developer Update: Heroic Space Missions

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Developer Update: Heroic Space Missions
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

metalgearyoda
11.28.2012 , 07:16 PM | #41
Quote: Originally Posted by LUCASCASADEIS View Post
this is just a mini game, they are working on the SSSP
Sure they are.

Sure.
Ganking leads to anger, anger leads to hate, hate leads to pvp.
The Swtor forum attracts trolls because the forums are more fun than raiding dragon soul.
Complaining is the new meta game.

Eillack
11.28.2012 , 07:22 PM | #42
So...is it just a lot of objects blocking objectives....because that's what it looks like...

I'm not really insterested at all in this modern day Star Fox ....here's to hoping the SSSP brings some free roam.
With unity, comes strength...with strength, comes power...with power...comes obedience.....
CE Owner '09 Account
Quote: Originally Posted by BruceMaclean View Post
..I think it's ultimately our fault for not communicating enough.

metalgearyoda
11.28.2012 , 07:23 PM | #43
Quote: Originally Posted by Eillack View Post
So...is it just a lot of objects blocking objectives....because that's what it looks like...

I'm not really insterested at all in this modern day Star Fox ....here's to hoping the SSSP brings some free roam.
Starfox had at least 2 "free range" missions. So no.
Starfox was more advanced than this.
The Swtor forum attracts trolls because the forums are more fun than raiding dragon soul.

Skyrison
11.28.2012 , 07:30 PM | #44
Quote: Originally Posted by metalgearyoda View Post
Sure they are.

Sure.
You will eat your words when that day comes
Legacy of the Eternal

metalgearyoda
11.28.2012 , 07:32 PM | #45
Quote: Originally Posted by Skyrison View Post
You will eat your words when that day comes
I certainly hope I am wrong.

Wonkadude
11.28.2012 , 07:36 PM | #46
considering as I can't beat the current lvl 50 spacce missions these wont be for me, but I can't wait to try them! good job BioWare!

metalgearyoda
11.28.2012 , 07:38 PM | #47
Quote: Originally Posted by Wonkadude View Post
considering as I can't beat the current lvl 50 spacce missions these wont be for me, but I can't wait to try them! good job BioWare!
Move in a clockwise circle using the arrow keys and the mouse when you aren't firing. 95% of things shot at you miss.

MrSchmo
11.28.2012 , 07:39 PM | #48
Quote: Originally Posted by veyl View Post

The space portion of the game is still on rails... so no. You still don't make the player feel like its any part of some major conflict. Instead, you make them feel like they're on a roller coaster ride. If you would've listened to the player base during beta about how ****** a minigame it was to even include (since it was a SLAP IN THE FACE to any star wars gamer), maybe this update would've had a -real- impact.

I've played the new missions, I applaud that you made it much faster paced then the earlier versions... HOWEVER. It's still on rails and destroys the actual fun of dog fighting.

Until you wake up and get the space end of the game off rails, make it cooperative, add in gigantic space battles (though I forsee that turning into ilum part 2... that's the faith I have in the development team)... You will not win over anyone.
FYI. It is and was always advertised as a mini game. It's our only one at that, and it's a pretty damn good one too. Would rather 1 mini game, or none? And these missions will always be here. Even if sssp comes to light these will always be available so get over it.

I don't understand the mentality of "I don't like, take it out of the game." I don't care for pvp, but I'm not in the pvp forum asking it to be removed.
That's why they call it space, cause there is so much of it.

terrorfistjab
11.28.2012 , 07:44 PM | #49
I never really got into the space missions in this game. Personally the space content isn't nearly as important to me as the main game, so the fact that EA just turned it into a mini-game never bothered me. Don't get me wrong I would love for an awesome space simulator on top of the game I already paid for, but it isn't necessary in my opinion.

Star Wars has never been about space exploration, and its space combat is more like World War 2 air combat and dog fights. They for the most part have accomplished that, though a cool pvp space warzone would be sweet. At any rate I don't see the need or the desire for free roaming space game, this ain't Star Trek people. I'd rather those resources be used for improving the main game.

GavinSteelheart
11.28.2012 , 07:48 PM | #50
Suggestions for the future of SWTOR space.
Keep the rail missions if you want some single fly through missions, but you need to do:

Full 3d simulator....if SWG could do it, so can you Bioware. Player pilots like 3d over rail...anyday
Guild Captial ships as you have promised.
PVP warzones for space
flashpoint 4 man and 8 man op group for space
multi-player ships for use in pvp warzones, and or flashpoints
dogfighter ships (multiple ships you can own and customize)
Flashpoints that use both space and ground within the mission.
All are doable. Make it a massive expansion and you will make plenty of cash off it, and revive your subscriber base to the opening of the game levels.
1 more suggestion
Alternate pilot levels and or classes...Gives those 50s something to work on...:-)
(You could say have some pilots more experienced in gunning, or bombing, and some more advanced in their flight abilities or targeting) This could come in handy for multi-player ships needing a crew.

Just my 2 creds....
Keep on the rail system and see the game fail in this regard which will make it fail in the long run. This isn't wow, its Star Wars...We as players deserve the best experience a STAR WARS game has to offer.