Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Developer Update: Heroic Space Missions

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Developer Update: Heroic Space Missions
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Simbr
11.29.2012 , 12:45 PM | #121
We aren't pilots on this game we are train drivers, please stop wasting time and money on this roller coaster nonsense and please give us 3D space with PvP.

X-Wing which was made 20 YEARS AGO is 20 years ahead of your current design.

ZudetGambeous
11.29.2012 , 12:46 PM | #122
Hmm I was expecting something a little more dramatic for the SSSP, but I guess you take what you can get after F2P.
I tell you this: though neither he nor they yet know it, he is the greatest of all the Jedi. Jacen Solo is the living Jedi dream. Even without the Force, he is more dangerous than you can possibly imagine."

Stryklone
11.29.2012 , 01:08 PM | #123
Which do you mean by "Heroic": "what a hero does" or "SWTOR term for multiple players doing a mission as a group"?

Hope the second use makes it in the game before I finish the story.
CzErkA Corporation

Coincidence?

ItchyThePenguin
11.29.2012 , 01:12 PM | #124
Quote:
For instance, a number of our missions will perform better on lower-end machines.
Yes! This makes me very happy! I'd like to be able to actually complete some of the space missions, but my machine just can't handle some of them and I've always been unable to clear a few them thanks to all the lag that I typically experience!

Performance improvements always make me smile!
Jedi Guardian -- Miscreant (55)
Formerly of Mind Trick and Corellian Run -- Now of The Shadowlands

Slurmez
11.29.2012 , 01:47 PM | #125
Quote: Originally Posted by Jenzali View Post
Space missions get a lot of hate on the forums but there's actually a surprising number of players who enjoy them, and play them often. Assuming no one likes something just because you don't is pretty short-sighted.
No, there isnt.

Its also monumentally short sighted to assume because you like some then other people do as well, you can use the player finder to search space to see exactly how many people are doing these missions and the number isnt surprising, its just infinitesimal.

Goretzu
11.29.2012 , 02:12 PM | #126
Quote: Originally Posted by Jenzali View Post
Space missions get a lot of hate on the forums but there's actually a surprising number of players who enjoy them, and play them often. Assuming no one likes something just because you don't is pretty short-sighted.
I dunno.

I used to do them a LOT, there was never many others doing them at the time.
Real Star Wars space combat please, not Star Wars Fox! Maybe some PvP and flight too?
Goretzu's Law: As an online discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving "Entitled" approaches 1

Moshpet
11.29.2012 , 02:42 PM | #127
I'm all for more space missions, but I'd rather we got "off the rails" and had more of an open space combat system.
(JtLS!!!) The missions are fun, but well, stuck on the rails is boring after the 6th, 7th 100+th time.
~~~~~~~~
All bribes must be in the form of Dark Chocolate Please
Or Cash,Have fun
M.

Red-Dwarf
11.29.2012 , 03:52 PM | #128
Quote: Originally Posted by ltspiers View Post
I may be in the minority, but I enjoy the space missions and look forward to pushing my Thunderclap to the limit! The Impossible Sector was getting far too possible anyway...
Hope they fix the Thunderclap bug, or you will wish you had another ship!

Costello
11.29.2012 , 03:59 PM | #129
Are there any plans to offer a more tie fight style flight sim to the game.

By this I don't just mean 3d space which should have been in the moment space was discussed. But also quests and follow on missions where having completed a b and c it comes back in tour 5 or so and with cool effects such as joining the secret order of the emporer.

A game that came out in 1994 shows what could be done in an MMO today. And this would add much to the options once you hit level 50.

Gruug
11.29.2012 , 04:03 PM | #130
There is nothing "heroic" about any of the current space missions. Same will be said about the new ones. At the best, so-called space combat in this game is nothing more then a pretty arcade shooter. Might as well be "Space Aliens" or some other type of arcade game. Probably about the only thing about this game that really disappoints me is the current (and future) space game.

Give me an MMO that I can visit and have fun! Where what I pay for is not going to those that play for free.