Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Developer Update: Heroic Space Missions

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Developer Update: Heroic Space Missions
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Costello
11.29.2012 , 11:17 AM | #111
I'd like some more information on the rewards. From what has been seen on PST it is a few Black Hole coms. The talk of new rewards suggests there might be something new is that going to be new rewards that can be purchased from the black hole vendor or new rewards from completing the space mission?

From metrics has there been a great demand for end game space missions, are space missions greately demanded at level 50 and the people and has there been any effort to find out what these players really want. Do they really want even harder missions that they have to learn where all the asteroids/boxes and spawns are in order to complete.

Where does this leave the Super Secret 3D Space Project? Will rewards etc be usable when the new project comes in?

Slurmez
11.29.2012 , 11:47 AM | #112
When will the devs wake up to the fact that Starfox was fine in 1993 but isnt remotely "awesome" in 2012, not even as a sub game.

Why on earth they didnt lift the space combat from something good like Star Wars:Battlefront instead is beyond me, the whole on rails thing means people definately do NOT "feel like they were taking part in the much larger Star Wars struggle".

As for being repeatable, who cares, you have just blown resources on an incredibly niche part of the game enjoyed by virtually no one because the whole on rails thing is boring and outdated.

as for
Quote:
We’ll also be adding one of our favorite changes: a missile and torpedo counter that literally reflects how much ammunition you have remaining
Thats one of your favourite changes? It really doesnt bode well if thats all you can come up with.

Space on rails was a gigantic flop, it should have been binned in pre production, binned in beta and binned now.

Nudd-Kitajin
11.29.2012 , 11:47 AM | #113
Cut the wires and let the ships fly

Thats all I have to say on the matter
SWG Infinity Player - Kitajin & Sako
AOC Crom Player - Nudd

Thargrim
11.29.2012 , 11:48 AM | #114
really just a waste of development resources, why dont you release what was announced so long ago Bioware? The Cathar and stuff that actually has meaning.

Jacen_Starsolo
11.29.2012 , 11:55 AM | #115
Quote: Originally Posted by Jacen_Starsolo View Post
So their big super secret space mission update was just another fail of trying to make us play Starfox.
I know there was an older game than Starfox that the TOR space reminded me of. I couldn't place my figure on it so powered up my old MAME. After Burner comes to mind but even one older than that but still looking.

recsa
11.29.2012 , 11:57 AM | #116
Couldnt care less about your pathetic space system, but it really saddens and worries me to see any development effort put on this.

Guys you really should learn to admit failure, humans do fail, wise ones admit their failures and rectify them.
A long time from now, in a galaxy far, far away, fanbois will realize they hurt games they love in a way no troll could ever dream of.

veyl
11.29.2012 , 12:02 PM | #117
Quote: Originally Posted by Devlonir View Post
PS. Not to the person I quoted but: Really guys? Being angry over something being added that you don't play? Are you really such an entitled little brat that you want to complain about this? There are people who enjoy the space combat of TOR for what it is: Do you think those people are not entitled to at least an update on one of their enjoyed activites ONCE A YEAR? Because really.. not everyone plays only PVP or PVE endgame in this game.
But no, you guys prefer to be entitled little brats and just complain about something that you yourself don't even play.

You guys are like PVEers coming to the PVP forum and complaining about how PVP is bad, or vice versa. And I'm sure you dislike those people as well.
People like you crack me up that bring up anyone being Entitled. How long have you been playing this game? Do you not remember the huge poll of Bioware Devs asking for feedback about Space and getting a RESOUNDING " WE HATE THE RAILS, we want free roaming space"? Were you asleep during that? Bioware certainly was asleep when the majority of posts about the space game starting from B E T A talked about their distaste and non acceptance of the space missions.

Do you not realize that this is just one of the issues that forced this game to be where it is today? Bioware doesn't listen to the feedback on the forums. If you want more proof: Go to your class forums and check out "CLASS FEEDBACK" threads in them. Let me know how many changes have come from those. (( If you're too lazy, it has been 0 and no dev has responded within those threads about any of the feedback given)

It has nothing to do with being Entitled. It has everything to do with being -ignored- when it comes to WHAT WILL MAKE THE GAME BETTER.

Slurmez
11.29.2012 , 12:04 PM | #118
Quote: Originally Posted by recsa View Post
Couldnt care less about your pathetic space system, but it really saddens and worries me to see any development effort put on this.

Guys you really should learn to admit failure, humans do fail, wise ones admit their failures and rectify them.
This, this and thrice this, if there was anything in the gaming world that needed a SWG "Smedleying" its the terrible space combat in swtor.

Jacen_Starsolo
11.29.2012 , 12:04 PM | #119
I know there was an older game than Starfox that the TOR space reminded me of. I couldn't place my figure on it so powered up my old MAME. After Burner comes to mind but even one older than that but still looking.
First level of this game:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MO1fid9sD8U

WELCOME TO 1981

Goretzu
11.29.2012 , 12:27 PM | #120
Aye, After Burner was great, in 1987.

SWTOR space is actually not massively dissimilar in playstyle to some parts of the orginal Star Wars arcade machine in fact.
Real Star Wars space combat please, not Star Wars Fox! Maybe some PvP and flight too?
Goretzu's Law: As an online discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving "Entitled" approaches 1