Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Comeback?

Draloch
12.01.2012 , 12:09 AM | #21
My recommendation for you would be Commando DPS. Here's why:

You wear heavy armor as a commando, which will help your survivability.

You will be a damage dealer with a good amount of abilities that can take down groups of weak guys all at the same time (AOE - area of effect abilities).

All your companions use the same base stat as you (aim). This makes it incredibly easy to gear them. You can just hand them your own gear each time you upgrade a piece and if you want to swap out companions, you can just take off all the gear from one and put it onto another. Other classes have companions who all need different base stats.

You get a healer pretty early on (at the end of taris). With a healer you should be able to kill just about non-stop, with you doing the damage, and the healer keeping you alive.

mokkh
12.01.2012 , 08:59 AM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by happysister View Post
slow time won't break CC if you force pull the other mobs away from the CCed one.

i didn't have anything saved up for Nadia either. i just gave her my old gear when i found better pieces to wear.

as far as tanking goes, it's a bit different in each game, at least the ones that i've played. leveling as a tank in this game is much easier due to the companions, though holding agro when you're in a party can be difficult at times (for a guardian anyways, shadow had less problems holding aoe threat due to slow time being spammable). this is also the first game i've played where a tank class has stealth. surprisingly, it works. had to get used to it at first, lol.
Right, slow time doesn't break cc now. I turned 50 the first week of last January. Slow time did break cc at the time, so that I would have to wiggle around as you mentioned. My point is I couldn't just spam for the fences. As far as force pull goes, the way I do it is stealth and cc then force pull the cc'd one out of the pack (force pull doesn't break cc). That way I was clear to force speed in and spam slow time/force breach/ whatever. I don't remember the name of the ae threat ability that shadows have right now but through self heals and TC's 8 sec channeled stun there was no content that I couldn't roll through then (or now)

My sk in EQ1 had a clicky insta-stealth, the famed "pre-nerf Circlet of Shadow", I used all the time, that coupled with instant feign death made him an armor plated ninja.

Arvaliz
01.04.2013 , 04:19 AM | #23
Hello everyone!

My Shadow hit 50 yesterday and I really enjoyed him! Its a great story too!
Now that im 50 on Republic side, I'm going to start a new character with the empire, just to see both sides.

Right now I'm considerin either Powertech or Juggernaut, since i really enjoyed tanking (non heroic that is).

Any thoughts on those two? Is there a big difference in survivability?
As always I'm thankful for any thoughts!

Thanks for reading!

Never_Hesitate
01.04.2013 , 04:24 AM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by Arvaliz View Post
Hello everyone!

My Shadow hit 50 yesterday and I really enjoyed him! Its a great story too!
Now that im 50 on Republic side, I'm going to start a new character with the empire, just to see both sides.

Right now I'm considerin either Powertech or Juggernaut, since i really enjoyed tanking (non heroic that is).

Any thoughts on those two? Is there a big difference in survivability?
As always I'm thankful for any thoughts!

Thanks for reading!
They're both good. I like the Jugg more but the PT is the better tank because of his range, pull and the range AOE Taunt.
(Only my opinion)

The Jugg has a bit the better Def CDs.
T3-M4 - Lvl 55 Chars:
T'hana Jugg, Saleona Sniper, S'inthoras Mara,Hannahla Merc, Eleondra&Eleondraa Ops,
Leeonira Sorc, CaphalÝr Sorc, Kindarya Assa, LeoniŽ PT,
Revuna Mando, Leojuna Scoundrel, Simon'e Shadow, Sileona Guardian