Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

BioWare: Change the final fight please (major spoilers)

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
BioWare: Change the final fight please (major spoilers)
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Maylander
12.20.2011 , 02:28 AM | #1
Spoiler

Ellvaan
12.20.2011 , 03:57 AM | #2
Hi there, folks!

A quick reminder to please use the available SPOILER tags when sharing something that spoils the story! You can use them like this:
[SPOILER](Information here.)[/SPOILER]
That will give you this:

Spoiler

Thank you for your understanding and help keeping this forum spoiler-free!

JediMasterKent
12.20.2011 , 04:46 AM | #3
Spoiler
The republic's got Ilis

Noxside
12.20.2011 , 04:31 PM | #4
Spoiler
.**.,,.*[;::;(。◕‿‿◕。)

Maylander
12.21.2011 , 09:38 AM | #5
Yes, it's simply not doable for me. I've heard of a few people being able to do it, but I suspect they're burst specced Sentinels or some such thing, capable of burning things fast while using defensive cooldowns.

I am tank spec as well, and it's simply not possible without serious upgrades. I'm not even sure it's possible then.

Nezrathor
12.21.2011 , 10:08 AM | #6
Spoiler

I might add my walkthrough, if I manage to remember the fight in more detail. Beat him as a level 50 Guardian, defensive spec with crit/surge items.

Nellise
12.21.2011 , 10:49 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Nezrathor View Post
Spoiler
Spoiler

conundrumx
12.22.2011 , 03:22 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Maylander View Post
Yes, it's simply not doable for me. I've heard of a few people being able to do it, but I suspect they're burst specced Sentinels or some such thing, capable of burning things fast while using defensive cooldowns.

I am tank spec as well, and it's simply not possible without serious upgrades. I'm not even sure it's possible then.
I assure you, even with all my cooldowns popped in pretty good gear my DPS as a Sentinel wasn't even close to being enough. I had to get help, as has every other JK I know.

Nellise
12.22.2011 , 05:13 PM | #9
I was able to do it in 3 attempts, but I also knew what happens from beta (It took me a long time in beta to actually do it however). The biggest part of that was knowing I had to use T7 so I accummulated gear for him as I leveled. I'm specifically not spoilering that because it's absolutely obnoxious that we're required to use a specific companion that we may not have touched since maybe level 15. There's no indication whatsoever until you're halfway through with this quest that this is going to be the case (or if there is, it's so subtle it's very easy to miss).

Flomasta
12.22.2011 , 07:44 PM | #10
Well and who is preventing you from buying green-orange equip for your companion? Not enough credits?Play warzone.