Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Time for a PvP Fix

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

SoonerJBD
03.14.2013 , 09:45 PM | #501
Yes, they are going to do away with Sorcs/Sages as DPS because.... because... because you are unhappy that you can't faceroll everyone in PvP? Yeah, that makes sense.

Edonidd
03.14.2013 , 10:43 PM | #502
Quote: Originally Posted by MusicRider View Post
For a start, whatever is being written here does no get much attention, as forum staff are focussing on pts forum. So if you have anything to say about the class might as well say it there.
People whined the most about 3 things on live.

1. Smash. Got a small teeny tiny nerf, in the midst of a giant nerf to crit chance, and smash actually came out stronger than before, with extra damage in the rest of their rotation to boot.

2. Bubblestun - got taken away completely, bubbles nerfed, hybrid specs nerfed, and CC's nerfed.

3. Sorcerers have weak armor and taking extremely high damage, while doing the lowest burst of anyone - they made the armor weaker, and took away our 10% AoE damage talent so deathfield hits for even less now.

So then we get on PTS and assassins are crying about their damage spec reduced even though tank spec was made stronger. Merc's were crying that not enough was done. Sorcs are crying because lightning is still broken and now they broke madness.

So what happens? Today Bioware gave a bunch of damage back to sins in the form of burst. They gave Mercs some love but came right out to say they have other things in the works for mercs that will be going in next time they patch. Sorcerers were completely ignored. Oh they did make an ability that has a 20% chance to proc do more damage. But that was more for sins who get a 100% chance to proc the same thing in their version of the tree.

Ed-ward
03.15.2013 , 01:07 AM | #503
Quote: Originally Posted by Edonidd View Post

15% less damage from DoT's in this game is still a joke of a way to spend 2 skill points. Again 15% is a tiny insignificant amount, and DoT's aren't threatening in this game, except for Pyro Pt's, but those are the least of your worries if you have a pyro PT focusing on you.

Haunted dreams is now maybe the worst ability in the tree full of bad abilities. 0.50 seconds off a 2.0 second cast time is a stupid waste of 2 points, and although that extra 2 second stun on damage breaking the mez is nice, it loses its appeal when you're a dot class that still has WW break on DoT damage (We had been screaming about that forever, but to fix it they took away our mez for all intents and purposes, then gave lathality Snipers an ability so their sleeps wouldn't be broken by DoT damage.)

Sith defiance is still 2% flat damage reduction for 2 points. Tanks like abilities like that, even DPS classes in heavy armor don't bother with that ability, ad most of them have the option. It is beyond stupid that 2% damage reduction is considered in any way useful to sorcerers.

By my count that is 17 wasted points if you went fully 100% into the tree. Makes me want to go hybrid. I also miss the 10% increased damage I could get from the healing tree on AoE effects, so my deathfield is actually weaker now. Thanks for that, i did feel too bursty before.

I was planning on just filling my sorc with comms and retiring him once 2.0 hits. But the more I think about it, given how completely clueless Bioware has shown themselves to be, i am thinking I'll just let my subscription lapse in 3 days.
I completely agree.
I play balance sage for quite some time so I know what I am talking about (I am one of the extremely few people who play dps sage in rated).
You know what will be the biggest killer? That Force Lift is no longer instant. We have to spec into it for 2 points and the whole Jedi Knight gets it instant and in AoE variaton. This nerf proves devs are totally clueles. WHO complained about this talent anyway? Jedi Knights who have it for free and AoE version? PTs that eat us? Smugglers that get the same thing, only they have to be in stealth? Bad smashers who moaned enough so devs gave them what they wanted just to shut up? I completely fail to see WHY it's being nerfed. Complete and utter rubbish... ...kill a class without a reason.
As a DoT class we are given a cc that we have to spec into with 2 points and it breaks upon damage. Ok, we had 2 sec stun on it if it broke, but since we are DoT class, the use is more often than not reduced to interrupt function. You gain nothing except interrupt and possibly 2 more seconds of DoTs time. We spend gcd on the lift so it doesn't give us any extra edge.

CCes available for classes:
Agent/Smuggler: Mezz usable from stealth without a cd, reset combat by restealth, instant AoE mezz, lot of other cces in advanced classes
Warrior/Knight: AoE mezz, Choke, jugg has Force Push
Hunter/Trooper: Pt/vg Aoe Stun, Merc/Commando castable sinlge target mezz (I feel with you guys), but you can at least make it an instant cast.
Inqusitor/Consular: Castable single target mezz

I fail to find words that wouldn't breach the policy fo this forum to describe my feelings...

Ghost_Spectre
03.15.2013 , 05:54 PM | #504
Quote: Originally Posted by SoonerJBD View Post
Yes, they are going to do away with Sorcs/Sages as DPS because.... because... because you are unhappy that you can't faceroll everyone in PvP? Yeah, that makes sense.
Ahahahaha....you're such a troll monkey. Grow up and quit acting like a basement dwelling teenager. Honestly, you're worse than my 15 year old!
Caedus Rage Juggernaut Aloysius Madness Sorcerer Ni'Tehn'Do Lethal Operative
Vestara Balance Shadow Fat Albert Focus Guardian Baytor Balance Sage
Kallig Legacy Jedi Convenant Lvl 55 Toons 12

Ghost_Spectre
03.15.2013 , 06:04 PM | #505
Quote: Originally Posted by Ed-ward View Post
I fail to find words that wouldn't breach the policy fo this forum to describe my feelings...
Maybe breaching ToS policy by expressing exactly how we feel would get their attention? Somehow, I doubt that would even work. How about all Sage/Sorcerer players refuse to play their classes until such time that BioWare gets off their collective arses and correct the issues the fracked up with 2.0 and put these classes on an even playing ground with the other DPS classes. Maybe if there was a complete absence of these classes from game play they'd take notice. However, they'd probably take that as a license to discontinue these classes as I believe they are wanting to do and make them healers only. I've seen this before when developers want to change how a class is played. I would not put it passed these non-Inquisitor/Consular playing amateurs on bit.
Caedus Rage Juggernaut Aloysius Madness Sorcerer Ni'Tehn'Do Lethal Operative
Vestara Balance Shadow Fat Albert Focus Guardian Baytor Balance Sage
Kallig Legacy Jedi Convenant Lvl 55 Toons 12

Chemic_al
03.15.2013 , 06:09 PM | #506
Quote: Originally Posted by Ed-ward View Post
Inqusitor/Consular: Castable single target mezz

Whilst I agree with the general sentiments expressed it should be noted, consulars/inquisitors have a 4s hard stun, and sins/shadows have the stealth mez too.

How Bioware can not make awe and flashbang a channel is beyond me if they take away the instant whirlwind, but then sorcs have had a nerf to armour too, and force barrier talent, so does it really surprise you?

SoonerJBD
03.15.2013 , 09:01 PM | #507
Quote: Originally Posted by Ghost_Spectre View Post
How about all Sage/Sorcerer players refuse to play their classes until such time that BioWare gets off their collective arses and correct the issues the fracked up with 2.0 and put these classes on an even playing ground with the other DPS classes.
Yeah, we're all right behind you.

TwitchWINs
03.16.2013 , 05:26 AM | #508
Ill bump this thread not because i think sorcerers are weak right now, Because in 2.0 they are going to have the highest burst potential of any class, but because a lot of the ideas the original poster had i have had as well. I would like to see a change with polarity shift

"polarity shift" immune to interrupts and able to cast lightning strike while moving for the duration.

We are such a turret class meaning we have to stand still to do any decent damage even with a spec based on dots "madness" spamming force lightning.
So lets see here we are a full ranged class with one of our main kiting abilities in a 10m range now we can ONLY do damage effectively from range

Power techs and operatives can throw nades auto shot and even with procs hit you HARD from further then 30m

Now im not saying give us some melee ability lol because i don't want that what so ever, what i am saying is why can some melee classes hit me so hard from RANGED (most instant casts). Say i am kiting an operative and he is already at 30m he does explo probe 3-5k+ dmg +2-4k grenade + spamming auto shots which hit for 400-1k +corrosive dart + actually being able to physically SNIPE me. just and example of why i dont think a melee class should be able to do that much damage from range with just a few abilities. im not saying that i would ever lose a Operative 1v1 from 30m, but the sad thing is i tested it and dotted my buddy full up and just spammed force lightning while he spammed his abilities from 30m and he got me to 40% before i beat him lol. i dont even know why im ranting about this now its just funny to me how melee classes can do so much dmg at range when they give sorcerers such horrible kiting abilities.
Bestworld - The Bastion
<Hey im pooping>
http://www.swtormovies.com/movieview.php?id=3751

Ed-ward
03.16.2013 , 05:33 AM | #509
Quote: Originally Posted by Ghost_Spectre View Post
Maybe breaching ToS policy by expressing exactly how we feel would get their attention? Somehow, I doubt that would even work. How about all Sage/Sorcerer players refuse to play their classes until such time that BioWare gets off their collective arses and correct the issues the fracked up with 2.0 and put these classes on an even playing ground with the other DPS classes. Maybe if there was a complete absence of these classes from game play they'd take notice. However, they'd probably take that as a license to discontinue these classes as I believe they are wanting to do and make them healers only. I've seen this before when developers want to change how a class is played. I would not put it passed these non-Inquisitor/Consular playing amateurs on bit.
While it's a nice idea it won't work. Who will strike? A few PvPers who actually know that their class is broken. Out of all sages/sorcerers how many play PvP in balance spec on a level they notice there's something amiss? A vocal minority in the eyes of Bioware. And I can't question myself if this minority is worth trying to satisfy in the big sales pie. There will always be people playing sages and sorcs since they rolled them for the looks, feeling of the class. There will be a lot of casual players, there will be lot of people who don't care. Sadly I don't think it would have any effect at all.

Quote: Originally Posted by Chemic_al View Post
Whilst I agree with the general sentiments expressed it should be noted, consulars/inquisitors have a 4s hard stun, and sins/shadows have the stealth mez too.

How Bioware can not make awe and flashbang a channel is beyond me if they take away the instant whirlwind, but then sorcs have had a nerf to armour too, and force barrier talent, so does it really surprise you?
I tried to write down abilities beyond 4 sec stun. Now I realize I should have omitted Force choke...

Why Bioware nefred force lift is beyond explanation..

Chemic_al
03.16.2013 , 06:01 AM | #510
Quote: Originally Posted by TwitchWINs View Post
Ill bump this thread not because i think sorcerers are weak right now, Because in 2.0 they are going to have the highest burst potential of any class, but because a lot of the ideas the original poster had i have had as well. I would like to see a change with polarity shift
The 'broken' hybrid powertech spec has way more burst. And sorcs are still going to be shut down in 2.0.

They broke madness spec for no good reason, and lightning will never get a cast off. Immune to interrupt? - stun/mez