Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Time for a PvP Fix

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Malkavier
01.18.2013 , 01:03 PM | #381
To make Sorcs on par with everyone else, they'd have to A) make stun bubble only work on the caster but then B) revert all other Sorc skill nerfs to pre-1.2.

Sorcs would then actually be somewhat equal to the worst Pyrotech in the game.
L50 Annhi Marauder L50 Madness Sorc L17 Gunslinger L23 Pyro Tech L35 Medic OP L17 Marks Sniper L50 Lethality Sniper

"Your fear angers me. My anger feeds my hate. My hate gives me strength."

AdmiralParmesan
01.18.2013 , 06:55 PM | #382
I really don't think we need wrath/chain lightning like we had pre 1.2, that would just give us OP aoe and still leave us with lackluster single target damage. I would prefer they work on our class's problems with getting casts off and making said casts worth getting off in the first place as well as survivability concerns. Thundering blast would be pretty amazing if it did damage on par with maul, annihilate or many other single target damaging abilities. As is getting off casts is needed for sorcerers to do decent damage, but it is too much work to get off long casts in proportion to the amount of benefit from getting them off.
Depreva (Sith Sorcerer) - Prophecy of the Five-

Dratten
01.19.2013 , 04:15 AM | #383
Hello

This screenshot shows exactly what the problem is. Both for the developers and what we as players experience. WE can do damage but we canīt kill..

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images...011911082.jpg/

Chemic_al
01.19.2013 , 06:29 AM | #384
The time for a PvP Fix was long overdue, we're not getting it.

Our only purpose is so proper dps classes like powertechs, sins, snipers and maras can get their lulz.

darthgamer
01.19.2013 , 08:57 AM | #385
Quote: Originally Posted by Dratten View Post
Hello

This screenshot shows exactly what the problem is. Both for the developers and what we as players experience. WE can do damage but we canīt kill..

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images...011911082.jpg/
But we are easily shut down tho I run madness and lightning and even roll corruption when im bored.

We need to have our dmg raised "but knowing BW wed become the next smasher" I dont want this

I think we all agree some sing target love would be great and maybe shorten some casting times and re work some other tools. Polarity shift id like to see its cd reduced and enable us to cast on the move for 30 seconds and raise the proc chance for CL.

Madness well all that tree needs really is its dot dmg raised IMO I kite just fine unless I get gang raped and I can solo just takes a minute which is too long.
Squadron 11-11-11

AdmiralParmesan
01.19.2013 , 01:28 PM | #386
If they make affliction have a small cooldown so that you can't tab dot anymore then a lot of these fluffed damage scores will go down and we can get some real quality changes to the class.
Depreva (Sith Sorcerer) - Prophecy of the Five-

Cuppcake
01.20.2013 , 07:11 AM | #387
Quote: Originally Posted by AdmiralParmesan View Post
If they make affliction have a small cooldown so that you can't tab dot anymore then a lot of these fluffed damage scores will go down and we can get some real quality changes to the class.
Its amazing how easy it all really is, isn't it?
That makes perfect sense, but it hasn't happened.
The dev team is understaffed or incompotent, or both.

Lack of survivability, lack of burst and lack of porper, reliable snares (outside spamming FL, which you can't) arn't even the only issues, but also the fact that a few interupts render us close to useless.
This goes for Madness, lightning and madness/lightning hybrid.
If you can't spam FL as madness all thats left is hide/run and tab dot which is what happens 90% of the time, hense the "fluffed damage scores" are there. Ofcourse if you want to run out of force within 20 seconds you can also throw in some shocks that crit for an amazing 2k, which seems to be less then what other classes abilities do without even critting.
The same can be said for lightning. If 1 Melee is on you with their silly burst and excess amount of interupts, whats left to do?

fungihoujo
01.20.2013 , 07:48 AM | #388
The absurd thing is- we have so many easy to interrupt abilities- warriors had force choke and ravage- yet they decide to make ravage uninterruptable.

Ya- ok, so it's a melee ability... it's a melee ability you can have root, that does over 10k damage.

Keep the interrupts- but if we could use our abilities while mobile- LIKE EVERYONE ELSE CAN- we MIGHT be able to actually rely on mobility as our only survival mech since we have the worst mitigation and the worst defensives.

But no- worst mitigation, worse defensives, worst ability to get spells off, worst casting mobility- only other class that might be on par is the merc- which is also completely useless.

BW needs to take a good long look at that and figure out how badly they've ruined this game's pvp balance.

Ghost_Spectre
01.20.2013 , 09:59 AM | #389
Quote: Originally Posted by fungihoujo View Post
BW needs to take a good long look at that and figure out how badly they've ruined this game's pvp balance.
Maybe the only way we can get their attention to address these issues is refuse to play our Sorcerers in any WZ or at all. That is, until they decide to address these idiotic problems they caused. I think a moratorium against playing our Sorcerers or Sages for healing or dps would make them take notice. How long would it take for those who depend on the healing Sorcerers/Sages to create uproar for the lack of support they depend on in a WZ or in an Op? Not long at all.

This may be extreme, but sometimes an extreme act or measure is required to effect a change that is sorely needed. For this very reason I have refused to play my lvl 50 healer sage at all. I'm going to shelve my Sorcerer too and she is my second favorite character in SW. Let's see how BW reacts to seeing an AC absent from the game because of what they did. We'll know then whether or not they care.

SoonerJBD
01.20.2013 , 12:01 PM | #390
Quote: Originally Posted by Ghost_Spectre View Post
Maybe the only way we can get their attention to address these issues is refuse to play our Sorcerers in any WZ or at all.
Why not go one further. Unsubscribe and stop playing the game. That'll show 'em.

Meanwhile, those of us who top warzone charts with our sorcs on a regular basis will keep playing and enjoying the class.