Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Sith Inquisitor Wishes and Regrets (Possible spoilers)

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore > Spoilers
Sith Inquisitor Wishes and Regrets (Possible spoilers)

lokdron
11.25.2012 , 11:10 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by imnotawitch View Post
Then the interns they set on the SI story did an excellent job, imho. The IA story, especially Act 2, had to have been written by some sort of sadist. I'd take even the JC story over IA all day any day.

On topic, I think the SI story should have more to do with the non-Khem companions.
I personally disagree in terms or choices and how IA and SW can handle situations has the JC and SI beat imo and how the SW and IA story reacts to your alignment is awesome as well. Before release bioware described/advertised the SI as someone who works/manipulates people from the shadows playing the SI twice to 50 I have not seen that all I got was indiana jones and ghost buster.

In terms of companions I don't like the SI either its the reason why I take khem everywhere. Bioware made players expect a story that is iconic to darth sidious instead I got darth sidious AND darth vader in the sith warrior story.

The only thing I like about the SI story is some parts of chapter 1 and korriban and then from there it goes down hill very fast.

Even bioware said that their favourite story is the IA and they even praised the IA story in interviews. You may not like the IA but from what I have seen the majority do. Plus looking back on rate the story topics and beta topics the sheer disappointment with the SI story and JC is staggering. I remember a beta topic where people were saying to keep chapter 1 for si and scrap the rest and do it over.
You have seen it, you have felt it within you as you have traveled with me. The growing anger, the rage, and the power it brings. Yet the power does not build without struggle. Through small cruelties greater ones are born. Kriea/Darth Traya
Dark side eye topic make your voice heard if you want canon movie sith eyes!

Ausstig
11.25.2012 , 11:50 PM | #12
In terms of what we were promised the SI does not deliver.

It is not a bad story. In act 2 it does what it needs to do, I knew what I was doing and why, Thanaton is an effective if, criminally, underdeveloped antagonist, made by the fact that his story and the SI are very similar.

Personally I find BH act 2 to be the low point of the game.

If I were to rewrite the SI story, I would either use Thanaton as a living master, for act 2 (say you consume the sprit and he decides to use you) and then have him killed by a jedi or a rival Sith, Act 2 you hunt down tratiors and others opposed to the empire. Act 3 would be you cosolidating your position and gaining ancient Rakata tech and Voss knowledge/ Gormak army.

OR you kill him at the end of act 2 and he hangs around as a ghost, giving you advice and helping you to gain power because either; 1. You proved your self worthy or 2. He was weakened by a (jedi/Sith/ [Starcabale]) and knows you have to kill them to get what you want.

edit: it bugs me that only the BH fights the pubs in act 3.
Have Force lightning will travel

Ranadiel_Marius
11.26.2012 , 07:04 AM | #13
The Sith Inquisitor storyline really is in need of a lot of work. The SI really just needs to be made more proactive so that he doesn't just seem to be a hired flunky being treated as a god by everyone around him. As an example, I've previously suggested that a minor change of having the SI come up with a plan to force Thanaton to face him by using the Kagaath ritual early in the opening of Chapter 3 and then refocusing the in between planet missions to being about the SI seeking out the forces neccessary for his Kagaath plan to work rather than the forces just falling into his lap. I'd probably get rid of the Chapter 2 Thanaton confrontation with him leaving and viewing you not worth his time leaving flunkies to fight you instead(making the use of the Kagaath necessary in Chapter 3).

I'm sure I could come up with a lot more things, but that is just what I have at the moment.
A Primer on the Emperor(yes this does have spoiler)

One Night Stands and Similar Encounter (spoilers again, and I am probably going to repost this sometime in the future)

imnotawitch
11.26.2012 , 07:20 AM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by Slowpokeking View Post
IA's story is super awesome.
That is your opinion. I, however, would rather be punched in the face than play through some parts of Act 2.
"Those who dance are considered insane by those who can't hear the music."- George Carlin
*Forever Shenanigans*

Slowpokeking
11.26.2012 , 10:10 AM | #15
That is your opinion. I, however, would rather be punched in the face than play through some parts of Act 2.
No, it's just intensive but very well written. It let me start to understand the problem of the Empire and the true face of the republic, and the taste of revenge.

Ausstig
11.27.2012 , 01:24 AM | #16
Which parts did you find so distasteful?

I liked it, even the parts thats look like the character had taken acid
Have Force lightning will travel

Chaloss
11.27.2012 , 03:32 PM | #17
1. I wish Khem and Zash story conclusion had made it more clear that you actually kept the other person for possible future use in that device.

2. I hope that Vision on Voss was refering to Darth Mortis as another who seeks your death rather than whoever was before council or Darth Thanaton asking for your death in front of Dark Council.

3. I wish had used Ashara Jedi connections in Kaggath. That would have alleviated a lot of criticism she gets from players.

JLazarillo
11.27.2012 , 08:11 PM | #18
I really liked the Inquisitor story...it's my favorite of the 5 I've played so far. In fact, it's the only one I've played twice, just because I enjoyed it that much and wanted to experience it again. That said, I do have two kind of notable beefs with it:

1. Too much time spent on healing at the beginning of act 3. I would've been fine with one or the other, but focusing o it for both Belsavis and Voss was a little disappointing. Dedicating one of those to gaining a following of disciples among the Sith (and incorporating Xalek into that, so that he joins a little earlier?) would've been great.

2. I would've liked a little more opportunity to get friendly, or at least acquainted, with Thanaton. He was a pretty cool guy, really. After the time or two he makes contact in chapter 1, I (and by extension, I suppose, my Assassin) thought he was a pretty cool guy. I think that the lightside/darkside ending, rather than being about freeing the ghosts, could've been cool as to whether or not to find a way to ally with Thanaton. I think that could've reflected the whole politics and subterfuge feel that the writers were supposedly going for, too.

Slowpokeking
11.27.2012 , 10:29 PM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by JLazarillo View Post
I really liked the Inquisitor story...it's my favorite of the 5 I've played so far. In fact, it's the only one I've played twice, just because I enjoyed it that much and wanted to experience it again. That said, I do have two kind of notable beefs with it:

1. Too much time spent on healing at the beginning of act 3. I would've been fine with one or the other, but focusing o it for both Belsavis and Voss was a little disappointing. Dedicating one of those to gaining a following of disciples among the Sith (and incorporating Xalek into that, so that he joins a little earlier?) would've been great.

2. I would've liked a little more opportunity to get friendly, or at least acquainted, with Thanaton. He was a pretty cool guy, really. After the time or two he makes contact in chapter 1, I (and by extension, I suppose, my Assassin) thought he was a pretty cool guy. I think that the lightside/darkside ending, rather than being about freeing the ghosts, could've been cool as to whether or not to find a way to ally with Thanaton. I think that could've reflected the whole politics and subterfuge feel that the writers were supposedly going for, too.
Also I think Kaal and Corrin are wasted, they got involved much more than Xalek.

Diablo_Cow
11.27.2012 , 10:51 PM | #20
I actually like Xalek he feels like the Darth Maul to my Palpatine. But I wish we got him earlier than we did. I didn't start using him till a few months ago when I finally got around to maxing the affection for my companions. After using him for dailies a bunch of times, he is the only one I use now that all of my companions are maxed out.