Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Did Mace Windu really die?

Spartanik
11.25.2012 , 07:50 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Liquidacid View Post
no offence but Maul died instantly when he was lightsabered in half and fell down a bottomless pit... the emporer died instantly when he exploded after being hurled down a power shaft on the second death star... didn't stop either of them... just saying.. lol
Indeed, i dare anyone saying that Mace is dead permantly. I double dare ya.
Peace is a lie, there is only passion.
Also
Quote:
HK47: Statement: You are like a delightful random cruelty generator, master, poisoning all you touch with your presence. You are a testament to all organic meatbags everywhere.

LegendaryBlade
11.25.2012 , 09:38 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by Shotgonius View Post
As of right now, he died. However, as of right now, Vader is dead too, but there is still reports saying that Disney is gonna bring back Vader, so anything is possible with Windu.
That report isn't true, it's confirmed bunk. It also said Harrison Ford would be reprising his role when he said himself he would never do so. Most likely the new trilogy will feature a new cast of characters, the closest we'll get to the old ones is Luke's new Jedi Order; which is only if they don't **** on the EU.

(I wouldn't mind if they did. Most of the EU is absolutely terrible and people are just scared to admit it)

BradTheImpaler
11.25.2012 , 09:51 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by LegendaryBlade View Post
It also said Harrison Ford would be reprising his role when he said himself he would never do so.
That's not true! That's impossible! Nooooo!!!
In the Imperial Army, it takes more courage to retreat than to advance.

Eillack
11.25.2012 , 10:22 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by Liquidacid View Post
no offence but Maul died instantly when he was lightsabered in half and fell down a bottomless pit... the emporer died instantly when he exploded after being hurled down a power shaft on the second death star... didn't stop either of them... just saying.. lol
Palpatine had a huge detailed explanation on how his army of clones were used almost like the Emperor in TOR to stay alive forever....Maul was utter BS in the EU and was a last attempt to try to bring notice to his character.

Mace died, accept it.
With unity, comes strength...with strength, comes power...with power...comes obedience.....
CE Owner '09 Account
Quote: Originally Posted by BruceMaclean View Post
..I think it's ultimately our fault for not communicating enough.

CassusVerda
11.26.2012 , 10:44 AM | #25
Thing is LiquidAcid, Maul was not instantly dead when he fell down the shaft. He clearly had a oh sh** and *** Face when he fell in.

He was in shock as you can see him react from being bifurcated (Cut in Half) and you can see his arms flail around as he plummets down the shaft. He was alive during his fall. Half unconscious in incredible pain yes, but alive. That and like others said It most likely was the his Zabrak Physiology, the Darkside, and Mother Talzin's Witch Magic that kept him alive.

Sidious died in ROTJ physically. His essence didn't. It made it's way through the Galaxy and implanted itself in a clone body in pure comic book fashion.

Mace Windu was electrocuted by dark side energy which I'm sure also corrupts the body a great deal more than actual lightning. That and his hand was cut off by a lightsaber right before which means he was already in pain from that. Not to mention I'm sure the lightning was surging through his searing open flesh. Then he was forcibly flung out of a window into the city below by the explosive power of said force lightning which was so great that it shot his body a good clicks away from the building. It's highly unlikely he survived that.

It is possible however for him to survive a drop into coruscant's traffic lanes. Anakin did just that in Attack of the Clones and landed on a fast moving speeder no less. Hell Mace did that himself in "Clone Wars" during the Battle of Couruscant when he leaped out of his damaged Jedi Star Fighter and landed on a passing Droid Starfighter avoiding speeding traffic on his way down.

Though that's also pushing it, because he could have simply landed face first on the senate Block instead of falling into traffic before he could wake up. This is most likely what happened because even if he survived that, I don't see anyone waking up from that barrage within vital seconds or minutes, more like a week or month later.

So unless Mace Windu knows how to implant his spirit into a Clone or he has some sort of witch doctor on the side that kept him alive, I don't see Sam Jackson returning with a Purple Lightsaber anytime soon in anything set after ROTS.
EBON HAWK
"THE MANDALORIANS"
http://themandalorians.enjin.com/home
Aliit Kohr: Mains: 55 Snip Ba'slan 55 Op AP-XT (Assassin Droid) 55 PT D'Cassus

CassusVerda
11.26.2012 , 10:57 AM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by LegendaryBlade View Post

(I wouldn't mind if they did. Most of the EU is absolutely terrible and people are just scared to admit it)
But i like Thrawn, the Imperial Remnant and Kyle Katarn Q-Q
EBON HAWK
"THE MANDALORIANS"
http://themandalorians.enjin.com/home
Aliit Kohr: Mains: 55 Snip Ba'slan 55 Op AP-XT (Assassin Droid) 55 PT D'Cassus

LegendaryBlade
11.26.2012 , 11:08 AM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by CassusVerda View Post
But i like Thrawn, the Imperial Remnant and Kyle Katarn Q-Q
Kyle Katarn is my favorite Jedi and the Thrawn stuff was awesome.

But I can put aside the parts that I love about the EU to admit that the majority of it is trash. That's what happens when you let literally anybody write for your universe. I hope they keep the memorable stuff like you mentioned (and especially Mara Jade) but most of it could be lost and nobody would shed a tear but the writers.
Star Trek Online Science Officer - "To boldy go where no man has gone before."
Jung Ma RP-PVP Server:
Armetage - Gunslinger

BlznSmri
11.26.2012 , 12:33 PM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by Beniboybling View Post
Errr... haven't you seen Robot Chicken? Mace Windu is dead.
But but but, in Star Wars a fall down a pit or off the side of a building isn't a guaranteed death! I mean, just look at Maul, Boba and the Emperor!!!!111!!!1!!1 (extenuating circumstances I know, just making a facetious point.)
APOSTATES
Website | Recruitment | About Us
Jokerseven - Shadow | Ce'lia - Sentinel
Sentinel PvE Basics/ Marauder PvE Basics

Beniboybling
11.26.2012 , 12:42 PM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by BlznSmri View Post
But but but, in Star Wars a fall down a pit or off the side of a building isn't a guaranteed death! I mean, just look at Maul, Boba and the Emperor!!!!111!!!1!!1 (extenuating circumstances I know, just making a facetious point.)
The Emperor's survival was non canon - see
And so was Darth Maul's