Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Did Mace Windu really die?

Liquidacid
11.25.2012 , 03:38 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Aurbere View Post
He's dead. Once Mace was disarmed, Sidious unleashed his lightning upon him. Mace Windu died within seconds, the force of the blast sent him out the window.
no offence but Maul died instantly when he was lightsabered in half and fell down a bottomless pit... the emporer died instantly when he exploded after being hurled down a power shaft on the second death star... didn't stop either of them... just saying.. lol
"bibo ergo sum" ( I drink, therefore I am)

Teamwork is essential; it gives the enemy other people to shoot at.

BrandonSM
11.25.2012 , 03:42 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Shotgonius View Post
As of right now, he died. However, as of right now, Vader is dead too, but there is still reports saying that Disney is gonna bring back Vader, so anything is possible with Windu.
Rumours with uncredited sources.

Highly doubt they'll bring him back.
Hapan: "This creature has information that could lead us to a woman who has been kidnapped. We will get that information."
Luke: "This woman is a citizen of the New Republic, and if you do not take your hands off her, I will take your hands off you."

Liquidacid
11.25.2012 , 03:44 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by BrandonSM View Post
Rumours with uncredited sources.

Highly doubt they'll bring him back.
maybe as a flashback or force ghost

Aurbere
11.25.2012 , 03:54 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by Liquidacid View Post
no offence but Maul died instantly when he was lightsabered in half and fell down a bottomless pit... the emporer died instantly when he exploded after being hurled down a power shaft on the second death star... didn't stop either of them... just saying.. lol
Sidious came back as living energy. Maul somehow survived.

Mace got his insides fried by Sidious' Lightning, this killed him instantly. Now if he somehow survived that, he still has to survive that long drop.
Added Chapter 44 to The Shadows Fall
"Your only hope to survive is to give in to the rage boiling within you, to acknowledge the Dark Side you deny, and tap into it!"--Darth Tyranus

Liquidacid
11.25.2012 , 03:57 PM | #15
Sidious came back as living energy. Maul somehow survived.

Mace got his insides fried by Sidious' Lightning, this killed him instantly. Now if he somehow survived that, he still has to survive that long drop.
meh again not that far fetched when put next to what Maul and Palpy survived... not that I'm over joyed with how they survived either just saying if they did it for them they could easily do it for Mace... but my point was in the novels of both those Movies it's stated the character died and they still came back... or they could go the clone route...

Aurbere
11.25.2012 , 04:06 PM | #16
meh again not that far fetched when put next to what Maul and Palpy survived... not that I'm over joyed with how they survived either just saying if they did it for them they could easily do it for Mace... but my point was in the novels of both those Movies it's stated the character died and they still came back... or they could go the clone route...
Sidious' ability to come back is plausible with the Force. I don't know about Maul. It's not really explained at the same level as Sidious.

Now it is possible for Mace to come back, but really only as a spirit. If there is some way for him to have survived, then I would assume that he would have confronted Sidious again or gone into hiding. The former means that he would get killed, the latter provides the possibility for him to appear. But I don't know.

As for Maul, this is what Sidious says about it to Plagueis in my mind.

"This Sith is cut in half! I would like to return him for one that is not cut in half."
"Ummm... No."
"What!?" ZAPP

And that's how Plagueis died.
"Your only hope to survive is to give in to the rage boiling within you, to acknowledge the Dark Side you deny, and tap into it!"--Darth Tyranus

BlznSmri
11.25.2012 , 04:07 PM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by MasterMe View Post
Right.

And they did bring Maul back....
Falling down a pit isn't a guaranteed death in Star Wars, you should know that by now.
APOSTATES
Website | Recruitment | About Us
Jokerseven - Shadow | Ce'lia - Sentinel
Sentinel PvE Basics/ Marauder PvE Basics

Liquidacid
11.25.2012 , 04:09 PM | #18
Sidious' ability to come back is plausible with the Force. I don't know about Maul. It's not really explained at the same level as Sidious.

Now it is possible for Mace to come back, but really only as a spirit. If there is some way for him to have survived, then I would assume that he would have confronted Sidious again or gone into hiding. The former means that he would get killed, the latter provides the possibility for him to appear. But I don't know.

As for Maul, this is what Sidious says about it to Plagueis in my mind.

"This Sith is cut in half! I would like to return him for one that is not cut in half."
"Ummm... No."
"What!?" ZAPP

And that's how Plagueis died.
I didn't like Maul coming back... I like it even less that they don't even try and explain it... he just appears on another planet still alive with spider robot legs... they could have at least ya know made up something to explain how it happened even if it was stupid... anything would be better than the nothing we got

BrandonSM
11.25.2012 , 04:13 PM | #19
Well, according to TCW. He wasn't brought back technologically and he didn't just wake up and crawl out of the hole.

He was brought back by Dark Magic from the Talzin Sisters.
Hapan: "This creature has information that could lead us to a woman who has been kidnapped. We will get that information."
Luke: "This woman is a citizen of the New Republic, and if you do not take your hands off her, I will take your hands off you."

Aurbere
11.25.2012 , 04:13 PM | #20
I didn't like Maul coming back... I like it even less that they don't even try and explain it... he just appears on another planet still alive with spider robot legs... they could have at least ya know made up something to explain how it happened even if it was stupid... anything would be better than the nothing we got
I agree. It made Qui-Gons death futile.

"I'm dead Obi-Wan. But at least it gave you the strength to kill that Sith."
"Not exactly. He's going to come back during the Clone Wars."
"Wha??????"

And they don't explain his return adequately enough.

"Like I totally fell into this vent and made my way to this stink-hole of a planet."

Not really good enough.

New book: The adventures of that Zabrak dude with no legs. That'll explain it.