Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

How is Empire on this server?

Bronaimeth
12.03.2012 , 11:41 AM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Draank View Post
Yeah Imp solo q makes me want to throw my monitor.

Its because all the CO transfers that re rolled pub. I don't blame them though, I don't like competition either. I'd rather take every good player off of one side and just face-roll baddies all day to make my epeen larger.
Back when i was still on Imp side, after my guildies left for GW2 from infidels, there were absolutely no good imp pvpers playing, it was horrible I withstood it alone 3-4 weeks. Then I decided to make a character for Hk-51 and decided to just stay over here.

Don't get me wrong, imp side has gotten much better since the last merge, but there's also a lot more fotm/crutch play going on over there.

dego-harmonium
12.03.2012 , 03:33 PM | #22
If they ever open server xfers it will get even worse for imperials, I wouldnt be surprised if alot of folks leave out of frustration.
Arterial/Veeshan

VigDiath
12.03.2012 , 04:02 PM | #23
This server has horrible PvP players on BOTH sides. I'm new to MMO's but it's not hard to learn how to play and win in PvP but you have people whose egos, pride, or whatever gets in the way and causes an easy win to be a huge loss.

I still pvp though because I like being competitive and it helps me improve overall. Plus I usually walk away from a match with high enough damage, medals, protection or heals to know I did my job and assisted as much as I could.
Jedi Covenant (The Baltimore Legacy)
Laaron - 55 (Shadow Tank) Eulora - 55 (Sage Healer)
Madmartygan - 55 (Guardian DPS) Skylaadawn - 55 (Sab Smug)
Akon - 55 (Carnage Marauder) L'aron - 53 (Sorc Healer)

Utopii
12.03.2012 , 05:33 PM | #24
TBH the whole reason LD50 went pub was because everyone and their mom was going imp. We wanted the competition and, in our eyes, rolling "against" the norm was the best way to achieve that.

Little did we predict that LD50 would have such an impact on the PvP scene on CO we basically combined most, not all, of the good players into one guild. We have always been welcoming to good players no matter which faction they come from. So long as they are exceptional players, level headed and don't mind receiving hate we will always have room for quality button mashing skills.

IMO the imps have always been way too fragmented entombed within their own groups and small clicks. Open world pvp will make this very apparent, like it did on CO, if people don't already see this. An imp guild needs to step up and unite the imp sheep herd!
LD50
Lethal Dose Fifty - GM
Recruitment | Apply | Roster
www.ld-fifty.com

Bronaimeth
12.03.2012 , 06:37 PM | #25
Infidels did it by grouping up a couple of good to exceptional skill players, Try Hards United are now doing a similar thing, hopefully they have similar outcomes in rateds.

NeburPR
12.04.2012 , 12:06 AM | #26
I play only empire now, but I have a lv. 50 sage. Most players end up having toons on both sides anyways and there is quite a lot of switching back and forth as you find a group that you can mesh with well. In the end you will stay for the friends and guild quality and I think there are good on both sides, specially for endgame PvE content.

For PvP, I agree with the previous post. I'll give you my take since I am a casual player that does dailies and that is it. I do not have war hero gear because I started pvping a few weeks ago literally and I have gotten used to loosing most of the time. The gear and skill disparity is discouraging. Its also hard to enlist guildmembers to pvp because they just got burned by a bad string of losses. I still regularly pvp.. its just a minority of my game time. When I do win though.. I can tell you I worked harder than most and nobody carried me through. There is a sense of accomplishment in that and I keep coming back to pvp precisely for that feeling. Pvp all the time w/ the best against unorganized groups must feel like doing story mode flashpoints all the time in campaign gear: Boring! I wish there was a way to balance the scales because I think the way things stand its not fun for everyone. Yes faceroll newcomers might feel good.. but in the end, its not as fun or challenging as it could be. I am sad to point others towards pub since I only play imperial side, there is a cool bunch over here... just be ready to have challenging pvp all the time...
WARRIOR, MIND, BODY

LastWizard
12.04.2012 , 03:18 AM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by Bronaimeth View Post
Infidels did it by grouping up a couple of good to exceptional skill players, Try Hards United are now doing a similar thing, hopefully they have similar outcomes in rateds.
LOL funny. I'm from Unicorn Stampede. Try Hards United are good, but they can't compete with the Unicorns or Uncensored. They have some solid PvP'ers, but they still have much to learn when it comes to beating a good group of players.

Krozis
12.04.2012 , 07:39 AM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by Utopii View Post
IMO the imps have always been way too fragmented entombed within their own groups and small clicks. Open world pvp will make this very apparent, like it did on CO, if people don't already see this. An imp guild needs to step up and unite the imp sheep herd!
On my original server (Kaas City) it was the total opposite. Imps completely dominated PVP to the point where literally my evening would be full of Imp on Imp Huttball. (Ugh)

This next part, is the part I guess I just don't understand: I got sick and tired of continually winning.... bored to death of it. I found destroying someone no funner than being destroyed.

I rolled Repside just as we went to Canderous Ordo. I did not play a ton, but I quietly kept PVPing and at this time guilds like LD50, and Watchmen and Bloodline were making an impact.

I thought this was great.... until it went hard the other way... too much the other way. I went back to Imp side; back to Assimilation/Virtus et Honor..... To my disbelief I saw a mass exodus underway.

Then I saw old diehards cashing it in.... Pit Crew disappeared (Machination).... players abandoned ship and sought out Rep guilds or stopped all together.

I could name a lot of names, but the only one I'll mention because he was in Assimilation for a short time, and then I was in a Rep guild with him for a short time is a certain Marauder/Sentinel that ended up on LD50.

I guess I don't understand this mindset. I asked him why he was doing what he was doing.... 'To be the best on the server'. But if you pad yourself with the surroundings of the best PVPers, how do you know? It didn't matter, he did this anyway..... ( a fair number of people think this way - perpetuating the problem - I'm just using him as a prime example)

So again, with this mindset I see PVP doing what I call a reverse Kaas City. Reps will become bored with it (if they are not already). I despise PVP now unless I am with guildies. I have zillions of hours logged on several characters with zero desire to continue. Some of the best, and 'hardest' PVPers in my guild have all but stopped queing.

Try Hards is a nice idea, but it's too small and fractured. They come in our Mumbs once in a while and queue with us. They're good peeps, but I have to wonder where it's going?
̿̿'̿̿\̵͇̿̿\= Formerly from a big guild that is now hundreds of tiny guilds. =/̵͇̿̿/'̿̿ ̿ ̿
Krozis \ Vintego \ Vint

JohraTon
12.04.2012 , 07:43 AM | #29
PvE side seems to be fine this side, but in PvP there are a few ego's without sense around and there was a prime example yesterday. We had a guy complaining at Krupp's sniper because he killed him a few times. Now there's usually no surprise in dying in PvP but for some reason this guy decided to comment. After a few back and forth comments it goes quiet so you'd think it was finished at this point. Nothing too much out of the ordinary.

Fast forward to the next game and we get matched on the same huttball team, so his friend decides to remove his chest & pants and claim he's going out DPS him (not sure what this would have proved as Krupp has been 50 on his sniper for like 4 days). Anyway, after failing at this he decided to cop out and whine about objective points instead.

Welcome to Imperial PvP. Where stroking ePeen is more important than trying to improving the situation.

A couple of months back there were a few groups of PvP players around Canderous Ordo who could handle most matches. With Sever/Talisman we'd go days without defeats and the ones we did lose were generally to LD50 pre mades but they were usually still good matches.

The exodus of players mentioned earlier seems to have knocked imp PvP back alot. A lot of good guys we had from guilds who went inactive are now on republic chars and I can see many of the returning players following suit.

To be honest there are some decent players kicking around on this side, even the craptalkers can do a job I just wish they'd shut up and get on with it and get people improving rather than twist about rubbish.
Jedi Covenant
Rhigus - Juggernaut
<Deceptýcons>

JohraTon
12.04.2012 , 07:59 AM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by Krozis View Post
On my original server (Kaas City) it was the total opposite. Imps completely dominated PVP to the point where literally my evening would be full of Imp on Imp Huttball. (Ugh)
The early days after the Kaas city merger on CO were pretty nice with the influx of good PvP players and guilds hitting the queues. I was inactive for like a month over the summer and it seemed everyone had folded or re-rolled when I got back queuing.

Pretty sure I know who you mean and I can see why he thought that way, if you want to see if you stand out in the best team then you need to be where the best team is and he's probably not alone. After that, inactivity causes their friends to re-roll because they have no one to chat to on imp side, then their returning friends re-roll and its a domino effect after that.

At least that's what happened to most of the guys I played with, Vis and Grisha had mates that side so when this side went quiet they moved over. Ukko, Kov and other peeps returned after the summer and pretty much everyone they knew was there so off they went.

Similar has just happened with our old leader Aep I think, he mentioned about rolling a toon there and he's gone quiet on this side There are a few exceptions to the rule I'm hoping will stay this side.
Jedi Covenant
Rhigus - Juggernaut
<Deceptýcons>