Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

How is Empire on this server?

Mashugana
11.25.2012 , 11:04 AM | #1
I played a Jedi and the community seems pretty friendly and strong - lots of people to team with, hardcore and casual guilds alike. How is Empire? About the same? More hardcore? More trolls or people named 'Ikillzyou'?

TY for any advice.

Dhrasur
11.25.2012 , 12:05 PM | #2
I used to say that PvP was fairly balanced. But no, it's not. In fact, I even laughed to myself when I read the title. If you plan to solo queue on imp side, be ready for a lot of frustration. Other than that, the few times I queued for FP went well. I don't read general chat so I have no idea about the trolling.
Empire Ilye - Marauder | Vahilo - Sniper | Ijis - Sorcerer
Republic Unreal - Scoundrel
<Uncensored> | Jedi Covenant [Keller's Void]

SumZed
11.26.2012 , 11:36 AM | #3
The general comment from my guild is that Imps are ******es, and Pubs are generally MUCH nicer...

The question is if it's true or not, I can't tell... There are ALWAYS jerks on each side, but from some of my guild members, it seems they get thrown into a party with jerks more often than not... but that is also we're primarily Imperial and we group more on the Imp side...

but on a psychological standpoint, Republic seems to be the "go-to" faction for those who are just starting, so more new players, who are willing to stick around other new players, whereas those who are a bit experienced jump to the Imperial side which is more "bad ***" and just be a jerk to other players because "that's what Siths are"

Bronaimeth
11.26.2012 , 01:54 PM | #4
Bad, except for uncensored, bad.

Utopii
11.26.2012 , 03:48 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Bronaimeth View Post
Bad, except for uncensored, bad.
Uncensored has some good players but their guild numbers are too insignificant to make an impact. While a majority of the imp side is just terribad. Then again you can say the same about a lot of the pubs as well though. There are bad players on both sides it is just the republic has the higher majority of quality guilds.

The reason LD50 makes an impact is we have around 40 solid pvpers. Enough for 5 ranked squads! If open world pvp ever got revived no other guild on this server would stand a chance.

I am sure people from the original CO remember how we used to roll over ilum. That was fun stuff. Well for us at least...
LD50
Lethal Dose Fifty - GM
Recruitment | Apply | Roster
www.ld-fifty.com

LostInReverie
11.27.2012 , 12:42 PM | #6
In my own experience, Imp players tend to be nicer and more understanding, whilst I have encountered more rudeness overall on the Pub side. I can only think of one incident on the Imp side, but Pub side, my ignore list is much longer.
THE CALLISTO LEGACY (JC)
THE SOLARIS LEGACY (EH)
55s - Melusine
55s- Ilaria / DrusÔlla

dego-harmonium
11.27.2012 , 02:26 PM | #7
Itís pretty even PVE wise I think most of the end game guilds are finishing content within days/weeks of each other, where PVP can be horrid some nights, if you canít find good guildies to group with for PvP you are going to have a long evening Most imps that are really into PvP have a 50 pub toon built out of frustration (myself included). JC pubs have a tighter pvp community with less casual players in the que, it was somewhat balanced at the merge but with more players leaving there imp mains it is making the gap wider. I would love for them to put in a factionless warzone, would be fun, till this day IDK why devs make games with factions, twice the amount of gear to design and you segregate your player base :P
Arterial

johnnyreece
11.27.2012 , 02:38 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by dego-harmonium View Post
Itís pretty even PVE wise I think most of the end game guilds are finishing content within days/weeks of each other, where PVP can be horrid some nights, if you canít find good guildies to group with for PvP you are going to have a long evening Most imps that are really into PvP have a 50 pub toon built out of frustration (myself included). JC pubs have a tighter pvp community with less casual players in the que, it was somewhat balanced at the merge but with more players leaving there imp mains it is making the gap wider. I would love for them to put in a factionless warzone, would be fun, till this day IDK why devs make games with factions, twice the amount of gear to design and you segregate your player base :P
I've found this true, as well. I'm one of the holdouts who refuse, probably to my detriment, to reroll 'pub for PvP (although, I did start an op healer before 1.4 buffed sorcs).
Neldiahr, Sith Sorcerer Gibsenne, Imperial Operative
Neldienne, Powertech Smash'Kitteh, Meowauder

Dhrasur
11.27.2012 , 04:06 PM | #9
FOR THE EMPIRE. Personally, I kinda enjoy the imbalance sometimes, as winning while playing on the imp side feel like an accomplishment There are still a lot of games that make me regret solo queing though.
Empire Ilye - Marauder | Vahilo - Sniper | Ijis - Sorcerer
Republic Unreal - Scoundrel
<Uncensored> | Jedi Covenant [Keller's Void]

randiesel
11.27.2012 , 05:34 PM | #10
What Art and the post above his said.