Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Non-Orange Conversion Kit

Raven_King
11.25.2012 , 10:18 AM | #1
In my playthroughs of Swtor I come across lots of different and varied armor sets that I would wear for a time and eventually reluctantly discard because they were no longer able to compete with the new though less aesthetically pleasing versions at that level. I propose that bioware makes some sort of orange conversion kit that would take ordinary non modable non-orange or legendary sets and convert them to the orange set. No new requirements would be added and the orange armor would start off empty with no modifications. An augment slot could be added via say a critical craft or by installing one of the augment slot upgrades.

Kendaric
11.25.2012 , 12:18 PM | #2
I'd love to see that, more options are good.
(█⌉▀|▀|▀|▀[o]█]|▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀)

pakchooieunf
11.25.2012 , 04:45 PM | #3
I just posted a thread bemoaning the terribad clothing options for Light Armor wearers...this idea would pretty much address my complaint entirely. Excellent suggestion.

Powrtech
11.26.2012 , 12:18 AM | #4
MAKE IT HAPPEN PLZ I love this idea and wish they would make it
Advanced Prototype Powertech
"The more you sweat in peacetime, the less you bleed during war"
Help us out.
REGULAR EDITION CLUB

shwaar
11.26.2012 , 02:31 AM | #5
I agree with this idea. It's probably one of the best ideas for increasing choices in armor appearance, since there are so many great looking greens and blues out there.

Estriga
11.26.2012 , 04:13 AM | #6
I'll support it as well. Good idea, OP.

Ancaglon
11.26.2012 , 06:36 AM | #7
This would kill the remaining market for crafted Orange gear. I would suggest instead a way for those items to be reverse-engineered to learn an Orange schematic.

Arhdyavol
11.26.2012 , 11:24 AM | #8
This would be a lot better than the current limited system and I'd vote for it.

I still wonder though - why not simply introduce parallel cosmetic outfit, bind availability of cosmetic slots to cartel coins and profit directly from it? Anything else seems to unnecessarily complicate things. Crafters will be in demand regardless.

seven_deadlies
11.26.2012 , 01:33 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Ancaglon View Post
This would kill the remaining market for crafted Orange gear. I would suggest instead a way for those items to be reverse-engineered to learn an Orange schematic.
This sounds like the best approach, and would make Armorer and Synth a little more worth training.

As it stands, once you get an Orange set you like, there's no motivation to train Armorer or Synth. You just need Cyber and Artifice for all the mods as you level.

If you could take a few "Plain White Shirt", and RE them until you come up with "Plain White Shirt (Custom)" kinda like we get "Plain White Shirt (Augmented)"... you could wear anything you want.

Would make all the White quality outfits you find from every planet's armor vendors, a little more appealing.

Estriga
11.27.2012 , 12:39 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by seven_deadlies View Post
This sounds like the best approach, and would make Armorer and Synth a little more worth training.

As it stands, once you get an Orange set you like, there's no motivation to train Armorer or Synth. You just need Cyber and Artifice for all the mods as you level.

If you could take a few "Plain White Shirt", and RE them until you come up with "Plain White Shirt (Custom)" kinda like we get "Plain White Shirt (Augmented)"... you could wear anything you want.

Would make all the White quality outfits you find from every planet's armor vendors, a little more appealing.
Admittedly, if they had not gone the route of making modable gear its own category and instead opted to give crafters the ability to add mod slots to a piece of equipment, this problem would not have surfaced.