Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Legacy level 50 deserves recognition

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Legacy level 50 deserves recognition

Vandicus
11.29.2012 , 11:20 AM | #41
The legacy system goes up to 50 so that you can "prelevel", rather than when the next time they add new legacy perks you have to level up to 30. It reduces the amount of xp wasted. They'll update the legacy system with new perks sooner or later, and some of those will require a higher level. Eventually(although probably not for some time since legacy 50 takes a while to reach for the average player) there will be perks and such only purchasable by legacy level 50+ and they'll expand the system so that it can be leveled more.
Darasuum kote ner vode!
Darasuum kote Mando'ade!

venomlash
11.29.2012 , 11:37 AM | #42
Give level 50 legacies the Cathar unlock for free? Pretty please?
(I hit 49 a couple days ago.)
Quote: Originally Posted by MichelleArcher View Post
Hey there, all! This thread has passed the dreaded 1,000 post limit, and is now in fire. Thanks for the fun, but we feel this discussion as run its course. We will not be restarting this thread.
Jarrant Gartin, Gunnery Commando, Spark of Hope, Begeren Colony

Temad
11.29.2012 , 11:38 AM | #43
Quote:
Compare that to, say, Rift's Planar Attunement where xp gets you points, and you spend the points on very minor character upgrades. One's an alternate leveling system, and appealing. The other is just more gating before you can buy convenience unlocks.
That is actually a good point.

Every game these days "borrows" ideas from other games and tends to improve on them.

How does SWTOR "borrow" ideas and so consistently manage to make them worse?

Legacy, Group Finder, Dailies, GTN....and so on and so on.
This is my signature.

Arlon_Nabarlly
11.29.2012 , 12:49 PM | #44
Quote: Originally Posted by Icestar View Post
Dont say that a legacy 50 player do not deserve recognition for their work, it is by far the greatest achievement in the game.
Ummm no? I agree there should be a reward for legacy level 50 but it's hardly the greatest achievement in the game. I guess a solo only player might consider this so, but people who play the game as an MMO would not. Having the highest ranking PvP score or getting a world first clear of raid content are much superior achievements to legacy level 50 which plenty of people get without trying.

Illeriagera
11.29.2012 , 01:08 PM | #45
Hate to say this, but you get around 200 legacy xp per kill in ops, its not really that difficult to get to legacy level 50. I only have on lvl 50 and a lvl 46 and my legacy is maxxed. I would like to see a bit more out of the legacy system and im sure they intend to do so, i do however believe this would go straight to powering your epeen.

Revanchis
11.29.2012 , 01:12 PM | #46
Quote: Originally Posted by annabethchase View Post
I've seen countless threads on here arguing that elitism is not just ok, it's vital. Well I don't know if it's true, but it's worked for other MMO's.
Those people are douchebags who just want to feel better than everyone.

Apeth
11.29.2012 , 01:16 PM | #47
/signed op. I agree im level39 and played a lot. Anyone at 50 deserves a title or something unique for sure and its far from eliteist its rewarding a loyal player. What would be great is U get the family starship at level 50 legacy. Because your the head of an old established family. They could add a new one and all your chars and their comps hang out there never gonna happen I know but hey.
Jeracho/Jera-cho/Ezekeol ' Triumvirate of the Grey'- Masters of Light and Dark, Darths of the Sith Empire. Memeber of the Apostles of the Force - Red Eclipse.

SlimsPicken
11.29.2012 , 01:35 PM | #48
At the bare minimum a title...

and I wouldnt mind a few bonus items only available to legacy 50 much like social gear thats social level locked.

other than that, no big deal, its something i got from doing what i do anyways...playing.
For every man there is a sentence, a string of words, which has the power to destroy him.

Icestar
11.29.2012 , 01:41 PM | #49
Quote: Originally Posted by Apeth View Post
/signed op. I agree im level39 and played a lot. Anyone at 50 deserves a title or something unique for sure and its far from eliteist its rewarding a loyal player.
You understand exactly what i mean, my intention is not elitist simply something that recognizes us as loyal customers that has played alot of the game.

I would never refuse to answer a question from a new player if I had a special colour to my name that shows that I know my way around this game.

Simply fluff stuff and it is a a win/win situation for everyone since everyone can get there eventually not excluding anyone

Lucyfer_Infinity
11.29.2012 , 02:32 PM | #50
I agree completely. Legacy level 50 deserve something. Legacy levels 25-50 were useless long enough aswell.