Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Change all crafted orange sets to adaptive weight

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Crew Skills
Change all crafted orange sets to adaptive weight

Heezdedjim
02.11.2013 , 07:57 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Jagrevi View Post
Differentiation of what it is like to outfit a character of a different class is a good thing.
That may be. But it's a thing that this game does not do.

Darevsool
02.11.2013 , 08:07 AM | #12
I like the idea. To give complete control over how a toon looks to it's player is a good thing IMO. I'd like if Bioware eventually introduced some sort of SWG-esque Image Designer option that gives a greater selection of character customization options as well.

Heezdedjim
03.05.2013 , 03:08 PM | #13
Bump. Again.

Since the 2.0 changes you have made it clear that crafters have no meaningful role in making stuff that gives you stats. The least you can do is give us a bigger role in making stuff that gives you looks.

Take the class locks off all the crafted orange sets and make them adaptive weight, so we can dress our alts and companions any way we like.

It's time for you to give us something after more than a year of neglect. ROTHC would be a great time for you to throw us a bone. And this would be a nice bone to start with.

Diopter
03.06.2013 , 12:59 PM | #14
I'm for this idea. The problem I have when people say they want to keep the classic orange gear class specific is that it isn't really class specific, just weight specific. Heavy orange armor can be worn by either Juggernauts/Guardians as well as Bounty Hunters and Troopers, even though you can clearly tell which class it is made for. Underneath that is the faction restriction, which I'm on the fence about keeping. While I would love to outfit my Trooper with Bounty Hunter gear, I can't, yet I can put it on my Juggernaut. It would look silly for a Bounty Hunter to be wearing Trooper armor, however, with the Havoc symbol on their chest (unless they hunted down a member of Havoc Squad ... I'm looking at you, Tanno!).

So class restrictions off, yes. Faction restrictions off, maybe.
Diopter
SWG:Shadowfire - SWTOR:The Bastion
Forever Smuggling

Heezdedjim
03.06.2013 , 01:08 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by Diopter View Post
So class restrictions off, yes. Faction restrictions off, maybe.
Well, there isn't really a faction "restriction," the stuff is all just dual-skinned. If you learn the "different" sets for each faction, this is obvious, since when you preview them they look exactly the same (both have "your" faction's appearance and icon). Someone was apparently just really confused when they made all these duplicate sets, because they are all just copies of the same dual-skinned sets.

The "neutral" sets already had dual skins on the same set, with the same name. Just give it to a character of the opposite faction and it looks completely different, even though it's still the same item. I'm not sure why they went to all the extra work of making dozens of duplicate sets, when they already had the dual personality ones done. They might have wanted to avoid having to list four classes in the class lock; but that's not a feature that is really worth keeping now anyway. The whole thing could be a lot simpler if they just stripped all that junk off and made them all neutral and adaptive weight, but kept the faction specific skins underneath.

I'm all for keeping the faction specific looks, and at this point there is little benefit to collapsing the duplicate sets into "neutral" but still faction-skinned single versions. I agree they should keep their looks either way, but if it made things any simpler, the faction locks aren't actually needed to get those dual looks.

Elizar_Naki
03.09.2013 , 06:44 PM | #16
I'd agree with the concept of dropping the class requirements so companions can use more orange gear, but leave the original armor weight class as it is so the designs are still only useful to the classes/they were meant for (and the companions who approximate those classes). I'd also say remove the Valor requirements on the orange PvP gear, but that'd be slightly selfish of me and wouldn't be received well by a decent portion of the player base, so...yeah.
"The Force isn't supposed to be a quick solution to every problem...although it does help."

"Peace through fear and suppression of freedom isn't peace worth having."

Rincewend
03.10.2013 , 07:28 PM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by Jagrevi View Post
No. Please no.

Differentiation of what it is like to outfit a character of a different class is a good thing.
But this is already in game, I have seen snipers running around in revan's outfit, even some in the jedi outfit from the box, how is that differentiation? I agree with you, I just don't see the point anymore when the cartel market already broke this.