Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The Arena(PVP)

flirtsage
11.24.2012 , 06:18 PM | #1
Hello friends, it's Brokensoul, I know many of you have hard feelings towards me, many do not. I do not come here to linger on past events, but to look forward to actually bring together Pvper's of all sorts, near and far, together like those great warriors of the arena in Romans times. The honorable and great gladiators, fighting for blood and honor of the crowd. I do not wish it to see who is better, but to let it be a fun and honorable displayed of skill. I am thinking of having games, 1v1, 2v2, etc... Faction war and class duels, etc. I Just would like to get with a few people to see if it can be arranged. We can even have a tournament after the friendly games to have a weekly Champion. So that the next time the Arena is set, the champion must defend his/her title from those who want to rip it from him/her, and claim it for themselves. We can have different locations to have the Arena. However, I do favor outlaws den, which has a mini arena and players of both factions can go at each other without much interference as the surrounding crowd cheers for their heroes.
Sakes and bets can be privately set for those who would like to gamble your credits on who you think will win. There will be no winners or losers however, if it makes people more likely to come, I will try to see it that winners will earn some coin for their victories, but those who lose will earn coin(in lesser amount of course) to be fair and good sportsmanship-like.
-Warlord Brokensoul, Herald of the force-

Ahl-Vinn
11.24.2012 , 08:32 PM | #2

I, too, look forward to a day in which there is 1v1 in PvP beyond secluded, chance-meetings in Warzones - 1v1 in which one's PvP gear still serves one better than one's PvE gear does.

Now, have they fixed the bug where you can flag someone for PvP by buffing them, and vice-versa? I don't believe they have, and this could easily be used to troll such an event/event-series as you are describing, herein.

Also, in order to be a "top" gladiator in 1v1 PvP as the game-mechanics currently stand, one must also become advanced in PvE-gearing to fare well in such pre-arranged matches; the uber-leet PvE gear outside of Warzones serves one far better in non-Warzone PvP, atm.

Ahlvis, of Server Begeren Colony, SWTOR
Ahl-Vinn, formerly of Servers Bria and Starsider, SWG
Long live <THE JEDl ORDER>, 2004 - Present
Long live the former Server Vrook Lamar!

flirtsage
11.24.2012 , 08:43 PM | #3
I am not trying to troll this event. I simply wanted to see if people would be interested in the subject of actually coming together for such cause.
You do bring up a point on the game mechanics, but we can figure some sort of a opportunity to make this fun event happen. I enjoy PVP as much as the next pvper, but lets bring it outside the warzones for a chance.

flirtsage
11.24.2012 , 10:43 PM | #4
I am not trying to troll this event. I simply wanted to see if people would be interested in the subject of actually coming together for such cause.
You do bring up a point on the game mechanics, but we can figure some sort of a opportunity to make this fun event happen. I enjoy PVP as much as the next pvper, but lets bring it outside the warzones for a chance.

EFSoupy
11.24.2012 , 10:56 PM | #5
Sounds like fun. I'll try to be there. Post a time and location and I'll see what I can do.

Moco.

DarkSyn
01.03.2013 , 03:03 AM | #6
Sounds Awesome Broken

Riggz
01.03.2013 , 10:40 AM | #7
I would love to watch some of these
Urdnought Level 55 Operative
Urdonught Level 55 Scoundrel
<GRIM DETERMINATION>
<INFAMOUS>

Mindsting
01.06.2013 , 04:08 AM | #8
I'd love to be in on this.
Consular - 55 Shadow
JediConsular on Twitch
Begeren Colony

PoliteAssasin
01.06.2013 , 08:05 AM | #9
Just out of curiosity who's taking care of the prize money? Is it covered through entry fees? Because if so you'll have to forgive me for not jumping at the opportunity to hand you credits, given the past and all. It's an interesting idea and I'm all for it, but some more details on the procedures that will be in place would probably be helpful.
Manager of Basic Skills For A Better Society. We hand out <basic skill stim>s in PVP to those in need. A donation of 1000 credits can help maintain the basic skills of 10 players for a day. Thousands of Republic PVPers are in dire need of these stims. Head to your local Pub Fleet and donate now!

colmiak
01.06.2013 , 10:29 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Mindsting View Post
I'd love to be in on this.
no consulars allowed