Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

January is coming. is ilum coming?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
January is coming. is ilum coming?

Tic-
11.24.2012 , 04:35 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Dawginole View Post
A world event that introduced the overhaul of Ilum pvp has most certainly been mentioned for January. I don't think that was a promise, it was just a projected date by the dev team.
Would love to see a link where they said Ilum PvP was overhauled, because i certainly missed that part. I caught the Gabe interview, and he never mentioned that there.

Tiberians
11.24.2012 , 04:38 PM | #22
I am not holding my greath that BW will do something about giving people a half decent reason to be involved in any form of Open World pvp.

LUCASCASADEIS
11.24.2012 , 05:09 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by Tic- View Post
Would love to see a link where they said Ilum PvP was overhauled, because i certainly missed that part. I caught the Gabe interview, and he never mentioned that there.
i don't have the link but one person from Bioware said it

elitenz
11.24.2012 , 05:18 PM | #24
They need a new engine before they can even get this type of pvp going on ilum again because ilum used to clog up so bad due to the bad game engine.

Darth-Malice
11.24.2012 , 05:21 PM | #25
Well your first problem OP is you believe what they say. Fact of the matter is if you go back and read all the developer claims and promises more then 2/3 of the time it either never happened or was obviously rushed and was critiqued hard by the player base. I wouldn't be surprised it they forget all about Ilum it would not be the first time.
||||||||███████████████████████████████)

Tic-
11.24.2012 , 05:34 PM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by LUCASCASADEIS View Post
i don't have the link but one person from Bioware said it
I barely take them at their word when i have proof, nevermind if i don't..

You'll forgive me if i'm just not buying it?

All i have is they are targetting January for a "light-hearted anniversary" event on Ilum which may bring some PvP. Hardly a reworking of any type of RvR. I really wish it were otherwise however.

Mossesman
11.24.2012 , 06:24 PM | #27
The engine is still not good enough to support a large group of players in one area. The first day of 1.6 there was about 20 of us in one big battle and we all had problems with lag and the game generally just running slow.

I would love to see some brilliant objective based Wpvp but with the current engine it wont happen.
Eathos - Commando | Norzrik - Guardian
Kezron - Scoundrel | Ashinelle - Shadow

Lord_Ravenhurst
11.24.2012 , 06:24 PM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by Tarbacca View Post
Go to the Outlaws Den on any PVP server. Theres your PVP.
Zero reward PvP. Woah that's fun.

Ansalem
11.24.2012 , 06:27 PM | #29
if they ever figure out how to fix the lag when more than 30 players are in an area or fighting at once that would help bigtime. That and if they would remove the 1 shot cannons and go back to original ilum where you could actually invade the other factions base. I still remember the mass quitting that occurred after they made invading bases offlimits its like *** I thought this was pvp?!?!

LUCASCASADEIS
11.24.2012 , 09:15 PM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by Mossesman View Post
The engine is still not good enough to support a large group of players in one area. The first day of 1.6 there was about 20 of us in one big battle and we all had problems with lag and the game generally just running slow.

I would love to see some brilliant objective based Wpvp but with the current engine it wont happen.
i hope they can fix it