Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The Pros and Cons of SWTOR

Tarbacca
11.24.2012 , 10:24 AM | #1
I feel like Bioware needs to start listening to the player base more. Every single time I read the Q & A articles, I ask myself, "Who the hell asks these questions?". There are also important changes that have been asked for since BETA and we still have yet to receive them, and in their place, fluff items from a RL cash shop. Seriously Bioware. You need to balance the game first before adding useless fluff items.

Anyways, in hopes that some Bioware developer would notice this thread, we should highlight the pros and cons as to what we would like added in the game. PLEASE listen to us Bioware, you're our only hope.

Requests that have been fulfilled since launch :
1. More customizable UI
2. A new player race (Even though most of the community wanted Togruta, not Cathar.)
3. More end game content
4. LFG (Most appreciated.)
5. Adaptive gear

Requests (Theres a lot I can't remember, post if you remember a few things.)
1. Chat Bubbles
2. Add ons (I find it silly that EA thinks the game is so good that no 3rd party could improve it.)
3. "Barber Shops" (So we could edit our character looks further)
4. Ship Customization (More ships and color editing)
5. Free roam space with more missions
6. Yearly events (Such as Life Day)

Like I said, please leave ideas that you would like to be implemented into the game. Perhaps we could get enough players behind them and try to have the implemented. Instead of complete complaining about certain things, we need to try to work with Bioware to make the game an overall better experience for the community.
"Your typical gamers nowadays are entitled, self-important, generally immature (at least as far as their public persona goes), unrealistic, and have no idea what they want out of a game."

althene
11.24.2012 , 10:29 AM | #2
The third yet-to-be-implimented suggestion has a post here:
http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=557937

Please support it!

monkgryphon
11.24.2012 , 11:08 AM | #3
Majority of the community voted Cathar when they asked.

The first 5 you list still need more work before they even touch the idea of chat bubbles or recustomizations.

Add-ons aren't really needed in the system they have in place. The only way I would support add-ons would be if they were a product of Bioware only, no 3rd party hacks.

The Super Secret Space Project is pretty high on my list, but I'd rather see more story content released before anything else.

Tarbacca
11.24.2012 , 11:14 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by monkgryphon View Post
Majority of the community voted Cathar when they asked.

The first 5 you list still need more work before they even touch the idea of chat bubbles or recustomizations.

Add-ons aren't really needed in the system they have in place. The only way I would support add-ons would be if they were a product of Bioware only, no 3rd party hacks.

The Super Secret Space Project is pretty high on my list, but I'd rather see more story content released before anything else.
Last I heard after checking the race desire thread, Togruta was leading. Maybe I was wrong. Also, Curse.com doesn't make "hacks", they make some of the most useful add ons for World of Warcraft and other games. The Super Secret Space Project is just simply a heroic space mission and maybe guild ships.
"Your typical gamers nowadays are entitled, self-important, generally immature (at least as far as their public persona goes), unrealistic, and have no idea what they want out of a game."

starbuckone
11.24.2012 , 11:15 AM | #5
open space flight and combat.
more ship selections.
open worlds not corridors.
larger selection of gear / weapons
better character customisation.
█!█!█!█![]!█!!!██████████████████████████████████████)

monkgryphon
11.24.2012 , 11:22 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Tarbacca View Post
Last I heard after checking the race desire thread, Togruta was leading. Maybe I was wrong. Also, Curse.com doesn't make "hacks", they make some of the most useful add ons for World of Warcraft and other games. The Super Secret Space Project is just simply a heroic space mission and maybe guild ships.
I wrote when "They" asked. There was a poll created by one of the leads at Bioware, they didn't use the user created poll to get their answer.

legbamel
11.24.2012 , 11:37 AM | #7
The poll thread specifically excludes Cathar because they were already announced as the winner of BioWare's poll.

Personally, I'm not interested in chat bubbles but I'd love to see awesome space content, including ship customization (maybe throw a barber droid in there?)
Just a Bioware Fan suckered into a new obsession.
Curator of The Not-Pop Jukebox.

Graydon
11.24.2012 , 12:31 PM | #8
I feel like Bioware needs to start listening to the player base more..
Bioware read your first sentence then they read your signature and moved on.

Way to to go.

jarjarloves
11.24.2012 , 12:40 PM | #9
Life day is coming we know that

I disagree with 3rd party add ons. I see that as one of the things that made WoW too easy.

Klarick
11.24.2012 , 12:40 PM | #10
[Requests that have been fulfilled since launch :
1. More customizable UI
2. A new player race (Even though most of the community wanted Togruta, not Cathar.)
3. More end game content
4. LFG (Most appreciated.)
5. Adaptive gear

Requests (Theres a lot I can't remember, post if you remember a few things.)
1. Chat Bubbles
2. Add ons (I find it silly that EA thinks the game is so good that no 3rd party could improve it.)
3. "Barber Shops" (So we could edit our character looks further)
4. Ship Customization (More ships and color editing)
5. Free roam space with more missions
6. Yearly events (Such as Life Day)

.[/QUOTE]

Wow, less than a year into it and they have already completed so much.
1. Chat bubbles: Really?
2. Add Ons: No, No, No, and No. Look no further than WoW to see why. Just no!
3. Barber Shops: I like this idea.
4. Ship customization: Since most are rarely on/in their ships, this would prob be a waste of dev time.
5. Free roam space: Would be nice, but it would prob take a complete rework of the game.
6. Yearly Event: More events -- yes please. But they need to be "related" to SWTOR.
Klarick -- Healing PUGS since 16 March 1999