Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

So, why is refunding Cartel Points for something you wrote mistakenly hard to do?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
So, why is refunding Cartel Points for something you wrote mistakenly hard to do?

Stansman
11.26.2012 , 08:45 PM | #31
The CS reps say that their aim is to maximise our enjoyment of the game.. well sorry guys but your failing utterly.

Volrishan
11.26.2012 , 08:56 PM | #32
I think that everyone should report them for fraud since that is what they are committing. since they are selling stuff they are not delivering and then posting notes saying that they are changing the text of the item to be what they intended without issuing refunds for those who want it.

Malaka_Blue
11.27.2012 , 02:06 AM | #33
Quote: Originally Posted by ElvisLegShaker View Post

You know, I've done that with an item ... waaaay back when. I think it was in Feb or somewhere around there. It's a funny feeling (a real "D'Oh!" moment) when you equip one and go to equip the other and it replaces the one you just equipped (so, one of my companions got a gift). But knowing that happens - I have now taken the time to actually look and read all weapon descriptions before I buy them ... if I can not understand the description because, say, it happens to be in ancient monkey gopher I will seek out someone versed in ancient monkey gopher and have them read it to me.

Now, that being said I read the part where you stated that you couldn't read it. I just find it hard to believe that this is the only time you couldn't. But, it doesn't matter if I believe you or not. Just give it to a companion and wait for your free coins to roll in again.
The whole point is that as a Gunslinger I want two matching weapons... how can I have that if they are both main hand only? All we are asking them to do is remove the bound items and replace them with unbound. It's not that hard a thing to do at all. In fact they've done it before the cartel shop. Why all of a sudden not now? Doesn't matter I cancelled the three accounts I have; mine, wife's, son's. They just lost out on $45 a month which may not sound like a lot, but how many other accounts are getting cancelled too?

They thought they were in the red before.
Shadow Tank Extraordinaire | The Malakai Legacy | Jedi Covenant
"Team #Poundsign" - eXile | Warrior of No Name Guild
REGULATORS | Stuff JMD Says
My Twitch.tv Channel

Malaka_Blue
11.27.2012 , 02:07 AM | #34
Quote: Originally Posted by Stansman View Post
The CS reps say that their aim is to maximise our enjoyment of the game.. well sorry guys but your failing utterly.
This.
Shadow Tank Extraordinaire | The Malakai Legacy | Jedi Covenant
"Team #Poundsign" - eXile | Warrior of No Name Guild
REGULATORS | Stuff JMD Says
My Twitch.tv Channel

SithLady
11.27.2012 , 02:54 AM | #35
Btw, I couldn't help but notice -- you mention (while defining a guild mate as a "HER" and explaining that "girls play too" but making no distinction for your "wife") that you, a "girl" and your "wife are quitting. Perhaps I'm missing where you mention Casper ... but that's only three. You're counting on EA not actually reading your post but seeing "4" aren't you? That'll scare em. I mean they are making so much off the Cartel Market right now they can't see straight. Cudos on your slick ways.
My post was in response to someone else who was unsubbing. Me, my wife, and one guildmate, PLUS the person I responded to who was unsubbing makes 4. Basic math. 1+3=4. Do u need a calculator? oh, wait. I bet your a CSR here trying to take interest away from the ACTUAL topic by reading half a forum and then posting a response. It seems to be SOP for CSR's in TOR nowadays.
Wrathan / Sorcerer / Bloodlocke / Steel'heart / Thallyia

Quote:
Actually i'm pretty sure that Sunday is the designated "Crash Harbinger Day" for EAware - iSolarPanda

ElvisLegShaker
11.27.2012 , 03:52 AM | #36
Quote: Originally Posted by SithLady View Post
Well, I'm glad I made u laugh. Do I actually expect that, NO. But negotiations start with outrageous and work in. btw, I have had a couple pm's that I'm not asking for enough. here's a little more info for you.
Wait.. what? You weren't laughing as well when you wrote that?

Yes, I know the tactics, "ask for the moon .. and hope for the best" (it is the favorite tactic of children and idiots). Which is why I also suggested they give you the ark and the grail. Gonna go for it? Then go all the way! I'm on your side! =)

But honestly, I think if more people would approach such things being reasonable at the start it would prevent the group of people hovering over whoever read that post and laughing their asses off and thus allow them time to actually work on correcting the problems.

As for the pms, if you want to be the poster boy for the shadowy, lurking morons who want you to do it while they sit back and watch .. be my guest. =)

I was glitching in game while runnign Foundry HM FP. My speeder wasn't visible to ANYONE eventhough I was mounted. As part of the FAQ's it is recomended that I run the repair function in the launcher. I did so and it messed up the gmae so bad I couldn't log in. I tried to reinstall it and I couldn't. the 'installation failed'. After 3 days of not being able to log in and searching these forums and finding idiotic advice like re-install windows as a fix to get a GAME to run AGAIN after the game's manufactur broke IT, I'M more than a little pissed off. I feel I have a right to what I'm asking for. I'm glad you feel u can make light of other's issues and that u haven't had to deal with the BS we have had to deal with. maybe your tune would change. maybe it wouldn't. I don't care at the moment. Have a nice day.
I have had many issues with the game (still do). At one point I couldn't log in for a little over a week (maybe it was two.. it was a while ago). I called CS, we talked, issues were explained and after talking with several different folks .. issues taken care of. Of course, I did other things during that time ... and above all, I was polite and courteous since that's the way I was raised.

But yikes .. had I been told to re-install windows (nah, too much of a hassle) I would have found something else to do. But since you didn't do that ...

At any rate, I am not making light of your problem. I'm just suggesting that you calm down and breath in a way that makes me smile. =)

Oh ... and since you are playing the game now .. what did you do to fix the problem you had when you couldn't log in for 3 days?
Just a FYI -- I will more than likely not respond back to the message this is attached to. Because, quite frankly, I said what I had to say and I really don't care beyond that. Have a nice day .. =)

SithLady
11.27.2012 , 04:01 AM | #37
Oh ... and since you are playing the game now .. what did you do to fix the problem you had when you couldn't log in for 3 days?
I copied the game folders and files from my wife's HDD and pasted them onto mine. then just re addressed my shortcuts.
Wrathan / Sorcerer / Bloodlocke / Steel'heart / Thallyia

Quote:
Actually i'm pretty sure that Sunday is the designated "Crash Harbinger Day" for EAware - iSolarPanda

ElvisLegShaker
11.27.2012 , 04:33 AM | #38
My post was in response to someone else who was unsubbing. Me, my wife, and one guildmate, PLUS the person I responded to who was unsubbing makes 4. Basic math. 1+3=4. Do u need a calculator? oh, wait. I bet your a CSR here trying to take interest away from the ACTUAL topic by reading half a forum and then posting a response. It seems to be SOP for CSR's in TOR nowadays.
Oh.. forgive me. I did not realize that you were responding to someone who unsubbed or was unsubbing as that little tidbit was left out. But ...

I did read it the thread from start to finish before I posted replies... though I went back and reread. I couldn't find anyone that said they in fact will unsub or in fact did unsub. So, to me that still stands at 3.... unless the person you were responding to was from another thread? I dunno. I'm not a mind reader. Maybe it was from a different website? Who knows. It's a mystery!

=)

But I like a good mystery... let us walk back through the thread and perhaps we, together, will find out who this mysterious person is!

#1 -- Hmm. No.

#2 -- "Not likely to be continuing to support this game if that's how you treat us when something happens that's your fault to begin with."
Nope. Still subbed. Not likely isn't sure enough to count .. maybe it is to you. Like I said.. It's a mystery!

#3 --"Please resolve this as it could mean the dissolution of our guild and thus our subs"
Nope. Still subbed. Could mean isn't sure enough to count either .. but if this is the one, why not count 40 gajillion subs in that little remark of yours since a number wasn't actually given.

#4 -- Hmm. no.

#5 -- " I am really close to unsubscribing, not just because of this but for a lot of things. Their refusal to help me out was the last straw though."
Nope. Still subbed. Close to unsubscribing is not the same as unsubscribing (even with the last straw comment at the end). Though I do hope they fix this guys issue (come on, just remove the item and mail a replacement)

#6 -- Hmm. Nope.

#7 -- Hmm.... wait a minute!! This is yours!! This is your post!! The one where you do your magic maths and invoke the spirit of Casper!

Are you sure you were responding to someone on THIS website? But thanks for the suggestion. I will look into getting a calculator as soon as I find time because mine is still showing 3.

But hey, if you were gonna count one of the above responses in your magic maths .. why not all of them? That would give you an even bigger number! =)

At any rate, no. I don't work for EA (or any affiliate), I'm not a CSR ...I'm a nobody on here. Just like you.

I just happen to think that throwing hissy fits, evoking threats to quit and mentioning lawsuits ... over a video game ... is a bit childish.

It'll get fixed when it gets fixed, if it doesn't... it doesn't. I'm sure that these folks are doing the best they can with the cluster that occurred.
Just a FYI -- I will more than likely not respond back to the message this is attached to. Because, quite frankly, I said what I had to say and I really don't care beyond that. Have a nice day .. =)

ElvisLegShaker
11.27.2012 , 04:39 AM | #39
I copied the game folders and files from my wife's HDD and pasted them onto mine. then just re addressed my shortcuts.
i'm glad that worked for you. And by the way, I do hope your other issues get resolved. i know it sucks... but this is a big mess and they need time to sort it all out (I would imagine).

=)

At any rate -- good luck and I wish you and yours well!

Vulcanise
11.27.2012 , 05:45 AM | #40
Quote: Originally Posted by BigV View Post
This is a problem for us since we are a small raiding guild losing even one member makes it tough to replace( We have tried many times before with no success at finding pug replacements). The only reason why said guildie bought this was for his alts and nothing else. Why would a person who has been lvl50 since first month of release buy and use all 3 speeder trainings for his lvl50.

The only responses he gets is that you acknowledge that you made a mistake and that he bought said items because of your mistake but he is unable to get a refund for the cartel coins because the coins that he received he didn't purchase, which really he did through his continued subscription since release.

Please resolve this as it could mean the dissolution of our guild and thus our subs

~V
I personally bought this (speeder at lvl 10) on my lvl 50 before this new patch hit as I thought it was across all chars in the Legacy panel, I set an ingame ticket and within a few days had my creds refunded... what's the difference now I ask? Why are they all of a sudden saying that just because it's Cartel coins that buy it then you can't get a refund?

There are so many CS issues with this game now it's unbelievable, I played WoW for 10 years and had many issues over that time ALL of which were resolved with courtesy and dignity. My present issue of buying section X access for my subbed char which doesn't need it (I found after clicking the purchased item) was not resolved so I sold the damn thing. If I do get any further issues with this game then I will be off too, back to a game where I am respected as a paying customer and not fobbed off with autoreplies.....