Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

So, why is refunding Cartel Points for something you wrote mistakenly hard to do?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service (Read-Only)
So, why is refunding Cartel Points for something you wrote mistakenly hard to do?

Rincewend
11.26.2012 , 03:50 AM | #21
I am close to unsubbing for the same reason, bought coins, than bought the boxes. We had a server roll back that they still fail to even admit too (people in general chat we talking how quests they completed and turned in are now back on the mission list and the rewards are gone) while others like me notice out boxes are gone and so are our coins. We put in tickets (no answer). This is real money for items and they took the items in a roll back and the money. Rage does not begin to express my feelings or others.

Kazaganthis
11.26.2012 , 04:03 AM | #22
I put in a ticket and got M0-T0 for "help". I was ecstatic to see that the Tythonian Force Masters saber which I bound to myself (I didnt realize the lightsaber was main hand only. Apparently if a Jedi picks up a lightsaber thats exactly the same as his other he drops it and goes retarded and cant use it. Very difficult process to spin the handle so the button is on the other side to turn it on right?) would be resent to me and I could send it to my Guardian. Awesome! Then I waited a week...And nothing. So I put in another ticket. Days later Im told it was a mistake and I wasnt getting **** because BW doesnt care. Ive called them, sent emails to CS, used in game tickets and its ridiculous no one will help. All we get fed is this ******** line of "oh sorry we cant do that too bad now stop bothering us" Start paying attention to your damn customers BW. Theres a reason 2 million people quit this game and you are about to make alot more quit. My girlfriend whos been a sub for 2 months before F2P didnt even GET any coins and they still havent answered her. Way to screw up a game that shouldve printed money through your incredible ineptitude BW. Hats off I didnt think anyone could do this as bad as you did.

Edit: I should add after 4+ hours on hold NO ONE ANSWERED THE PHONE and I would randomly get disconnected. Apparently the phones at BW CS have Error 9000 as well. And as for my emails? No answer to those either. Disgraceful. This is why EA was voted the worst company and why you are close on their heels BW. You were such a good company and your reputation is forever ruined thanks to your deal with the devil.

Malaka_Blue
11.26.2012 , 12:58 PM | #23
I got a reply from MO-T0, the cut and paste customer service droid. This was in reference to my previous post in this thread:

Quote:
That's absolute bull*****. I am visually impaired and have an extremely hard time reading the text in the game and got two nebula pistols. I went to put them on my gunslinger so i could have matching weapons. It wasn't for a while that realized it was main hand only, which I couldn't read. CS refused to even just 'un-'bind' the items. I didn't want a refund, I just wanted to be able to do something with them.

They either need to un-bind my items or make them main hand/off-hand. I am really close to unsubscribing, not just because of this but for a lot of things. Their refusal to help me out was the last straw though.
And the grand response was:

Quote:
Greetings,

I am Protocol Droid M0-T0, Human Cyborg Relations.

Thank you for contacting us with your question about binding on Cartel Market purchases.

Once you have opened your Cartel Pack, you may notice that some of the items contained in it are showing as being bound to you for a period of time.

Once the timer has finished, you will be able to trade these items with other players in-game, or sell them on the Galactic Trade Network (GTN). Subscribers benefit from a reduced timer on Cartel Market items.

However, you must be careful not to equip any item that you intend to sell as many Cartel Market items are Bind on Equip and will become bound to you even if equipped while the timer on the item is still running.

If you’re not sure if an item is Bind on Equip, it is safest to preview the item on your character by pressing [Ctrl] and left-clicking on the item in your inventory. You can preview armor, weapons and even vehicles in this way.

As indicated on the Cartel Market window, Customer Service cannot assist with refunds on items that have been transferred to your character’s inventory.

Please do not hesitate to contact us again if you encounter any other issues or have any further questions.

Galactic Support is our specialty...

Sincerely,

Protocol Droid M0-T0
Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ Customer Service
All this cut and paste response bull***** is getting annoying. People with problems like this are not asking for refunds, they are asking this company to fix a problem that shouldn't be a problem. In this case, a person with a visual impairment who can't read the text in the games UI even when maxed out and who is a subscriber is being denied a simple request. On top of that Customer Service can't take 2 funking minutes to type out a personal response.
Shadow Tank Extraordinaire | The Malakai Legacy | Jedi Covenant
"Team #Poundsign" - eXile | Warrior of No Name Guild
REGULATORS | Stuff JMD Says
My Twitch.tv Channel

mjwalsh
11.26.2012 , 12:59 PM | #24
So sad, crappy service, crappy game, crappy company.
W A L S H | T H E B A S T I O N
E T E R N A L D O M I N I O N
Swtor Guild

Luxidenstore
11.26.2012 , 01:16 PM | #25
Agreed, it seems Bioware have no idea how important good customer service is in an MMO.

SithLady
11.26.2012 , 03:07 PM | #26
Well, here's a response I got today in my email. It makes me somewhat hopeful.
Quote:
Thank you for contacting us regarding ticket numbers: 6797524 & 6780826.
Concerning 6780826, I have re-examined this ticket and can confirm that the item you requested restoration on was restored on good faith on 11/14/2012.
Regarding your bind on equip issue in ticket no: 6797524
Unfortunately, your message did not provide enough information for us to be certain of the exact nature of the problem.
Please could you reply to this message and provide additional information about what prompted you to contact us?
Please try to be as specific and detailed as possible, so that we can better identify your issue and offer our assistance.
For your convenience, we have listed some of the more common issues and the type of information required to resolve them below:
"I haven't received my commendations!"
* What type of commendations?
* How many were you supposed to receive?
* Why do you think you did not receive these commendations?
"I accidently bought the wrong item / accepted the wrong quest reward!"
* Which item did you buy/choose?
* How much did you spend on the item?
* Which vendor did you buy from? / What was the mission?
* Which item did you mean to select?
Issue: "I couldn't loot / the boss didn't drop any loot"
* What was the name of the boss or enemy in question?
* What flashpoint / operation / zone was it in?
* What loot were you expecting it to drop?
Since Game Update 1.4: Terror From Beyond, we have taken many steps to make the restoration of items as simple and painless a process as possible for all of our players.
Please see the links below for more information:
Refunds for Purchased Items: http://www.swtor.com/support/helpcenter/6718
Group Loot Item Transfer: http://www.swtor.com/support/helpcenter/6729
Remember, you can always search the in-game and online Help Centers for information and assistance.
Thank you for your patience and understanding, and we look forward to hearing from you soon.
Galactic Support is our specialty…
Sincerely,
Frankie
And here's the response I sent back:
Quote:
"Concerning 6780826, I have re-examined this ticket and can confirm that the item you requested restoration on was restored on good faith on 11/14/2012." - Ok, who was it mailed to or whose inventory was it placed into? because I couldn't/can't find it.

"Regarding your bind on equip issue in ticket no: 6797524" - the items in question - Advanced Magenta Indestructible Crystal (+41 Endurance), Spymasters Chest Piece and Spymasters Gloves. These were all done on Wrathan, on the release date of 1.5 . I also, would like the pathfinder's headgear that I equiped on Sorcerer to be removeed and replaced with an unbound version. These pieces of armor/gear had to be equiped so I could 'preview' what it looked like, as the preview function is currently (and was) bugged most everywhere. You can verify that bug in BW/EA own 'known issues' forum. Plus, the 'Intimidate' and the 'Menace' Emote unlocks say they work account wide, but they don't. I would like each of those emotes sent to each character I have to make those emotes 'account wide' as they are advertised.

Also, I would like compensation for the down time of the servers, the errors that Your Companies 'repair' function cause to my computer, the lack of customer service from M0-T0, AND the fact that Orxhitane had all his hotbars reset, trade skills temporarily turned off and other restrictions placed on him as though hie was a FtP character, although NONE of my other characters experienced this bug. I have talked to many people over the last couple of weeks. Some people say there is no way they would stil be sub'd with these issues. Some say a few Cartel coins or cartel items should be given. I'm looking for a not unreasonable amount of compensation. Here's what I want: These items restored/replaced, the Throne Cartel Pack item, and the Ruddy Skined Monkey Lizard for all my toons as well as a 5500 Cartel coin pack. Given all of my issues I have had, I don't believe this to be an unreasonable request. Maybe u can't do all of that, well, ok. I understand. HOWEVER, SOMETHING has to be done to compensate for all the issues and delays that have been created due to EA/BW issues.
We'll see what happens....
Sorcerer / Knowami / Scarlett'Umbra

Quote:
Actually i'm pretty sure that Sunday is the designated "Crash Harbinger Day" for EAware - iSolarPanda

ElvisLegShaker
11.26.2012 , 03:43 PM | #27
Some of you people ... jeez ... I don't have a TL/DR version. Read it or don't... Doesn't make a flip to me.

Quote:
EDIT: Ok so update here, because its "free" cartel coins which is well not true since he is a subscriber? He cant get a refund?
Are you kidding me where is the logic in that? He paid money to play per month and we get cartel points for paying per month or more, and you want to say its free?
Quote:
he is unable to get a refund for the cartel coins because the coins that he received he didn't purchase, which really he did through his continued subscription since release.
The thing is .. those CCs were a GIFT for being a subscriber (ie: free). Yes, he paid money per month to PLAY the game, not for CCs. They did not have to give them to anyone. They did. He bought what he bought with them. Now, that being said .. I agree something should be done about the wrong tool tip being responsible (however they decide to do it - refund CCs, redefine the items so that they do what the tool tip claimed at first, unlock it across current already made characters, etc. ..).

But my God, the whole attitude of, "These are my coins I paid for because I subbed since 1842" just needs to stop. The coins you got when the Cartel launched were FREE - any coins PURCHASED after launch are not free (you see, the ones they GIVE you for being subbed are still FREE ... regardless of how you want to justify it to make it seem as if you are paying less for a sub ... you are paying for the sub and the coins are a FREE GIFT for doing so).

What they should do is flag all the accounts of folks who make this self entitlement claim so that they no longer get any CCs per month for free. When questioned, they should have Droid M0-T0 respond with an email that simply states, "Because you are a doofus".

Quote:
I am visually impaired and have an extremely hard time reading the text in the game and got two nebula pistols. I went to put them on my gunslinger so i could have matching weapons. It wasn't for a while that realized it was main hand only, which I couldn't read. CS refused to even just 'un-'bind' the items. I didn't want a refund, I just wanted to be able to do something with them.
They either need to un-bind my items or make them main hand/off-hand. I am really close to unsubscribing, not just because of this but for a lot of things. Their refusal to help me out was the last straw though.
You know, I've done that with an item ... waaaay back when. I think it was in Feb or somewhere around there. It's a funny feeling (a real "D'Oh!" moment) when you equip one and go to equip the other and it replaces the one you just equipped (so, one of my companions got a gift). But knowing that happens - I have now taken the time to actually look and read all weapon descriptions before I buy them ... if I can not understand the description because, say, it happens to be in ancient monkey gopher I will seek out someone versed in ancient monkey gopher and have them read it to me.

Now, that being said I read the part where you stated that you couldn't read it. I just find it hard to believe that this is the only time you couldn't. But, it doesn't matter if I believe you or not. Just give it to a companion and wait for your free coins to roll in again.

Quote:
I smell a class action lawsuit brewing here. that's unfortunate. I am lead of a guild with 109 members. I have canceled my sub because of this outrage. I tlaked to my guildies and I KNOW at least one other has cancelled HER subscribtion. (yes, girls play too). My wife is canceling her sub as well. There's 4 people u have lost due to your screw up BW.
Hmm.. there's that phrase again ... "class action lawsuit". I am absolutely certain that if enough people spout off about that (while they wait for someone else to start it) it will get everyone at EA scared to sleep at night. The majority of complaints I have read in here are about purchases made with FREE coins (you know, the ones they GAVE away to folks who paid to play the game and got what they PAID for - ie: played the game).....

"Your honor, uh, well.. our complaint is that this company gave these free virtual coins to my clients and um .. Oh no, your honor this isn't a one time thing. Yes your honor, they get free coins every month. I uh ..."

The other complaints I have read are to do with slow customer service ...

"Your honor, we um, what I mean to say is, uh ... well you see, these folks are upset that they didn't get what they wanted when they wanted it" ...

As for any others ... hold your breath while the class action gets off the ground ...

Btw, I couldn't help but notice -- you mention (while defining a guild mate as a "HER" and explaining that "girls play too" but making no distinction for your "wife") that you, a "girl" and your "wife are quitting. Perhaps I'm missing where you mention Casper ... but that's only three. You're counting on EA not actually reading your post but seeing "4" aren't you? That'll scare em. I mean they are making so much off the Cartel Market right now they can't see straight. Cudos on your slick ways.

Eh, that's all for now .. =)

Anywho for all you folks out there.. as someone said .. an easy fix for a lot of this stuff would be to go ahead and remove the items from inventory and mail replacement items. It'll just take some time. I mean, look in the mirror .. now multiply what you see by about 20,000. That there's a lot of morons. =p

Ok, ok... I'm just pickin'. Calm down. My sig says it all.
Just a FYI -- I will more than likely not respond back to the message this is attached to. Because, quite frankly, I said what I had to say and I really don't care beyond that. Have a nice day .. =)

Stansman
11.26.2012 , 04:27 PM | #28
I too got the same cut and paste response which pretty much ignored my situation as well, I'm damn angry right now..and I cant help but feel that the reason they are being so uncoperative is..money. If they restore these cartel items we wont be encouraged to go to the store and buy more coins in the hope we can get replacements which is pretty funny since I havent been able to purchase from the store for nearly a week and my ticket about it was deleted. Why is this company trying so hard to drive away one of their long term loyal customers?

leijae
11.26.2012 , 04:45 PM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by mjwalsh View Post
So sad, crappy service, crappy game, crappy company.
more like crappy service, fun game, crappy company
Imp: <Falcon Punch> Bottom of the top tier PvP
........<Public Enemies>
Pub: <Fight>
........<Video Game Loft>

Luxidenstore
11.26.2012 , 06:56 PM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by Stansman View Post
I too got the same cut and paste response which pretty much ignored my situation as well, I'm damn angry right now..and I cant help but feel that the reason they are being so uncoperative is..money. If they restore these cartel items we wont be encouraged to go to the store and buy more coins in the hope we can get replacements which is pretty funny since I havent been able to purchase from the store for nearly a week and my ticket about it was deleted. Why is this company trying so hard to drive away one of their long term loyal customers?
I think the bolded part is absolutely correct, but like always Bioware just doesn't get it. If you want me to buy more cartel packs and other stuff, you shouldn't try to screw me over. I'm not stupid and will not support a company that doesn't support it's subscribers and take advantage of peoples very obvious mistakes.

It would also help if they actually read the tickets and didn't just skim through them and copy pasted a response from the obvious list they have of them. Only one game company has ever given me bad CS in the past. That company was strangely enough...... EA.