Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

WZ desertion penalty

LegendaryBlade
11.25.2012 , 03:37 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Vladnar View Post
You leave you must have a good penalty, too many leaving either straight away as the makeup of the group not quite to their liking or once they are losing, bad sports esp reps.

Id ban them for 1 hour personally.
I'd hate to be banned for an hour because I hate huttball.

Baptes
11.25.2012 , 03:42 AM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Sadishist View Post
Why do people do that?
Because in WoW you still got points for losing even if you did nothing at all the entire time, unlike here where you need at least one medal. People could easily lose their way to gear and they still do as far as I know.

TheronFett
11.25.2012 , 03:42 AM | #13
Players will find a way around this.

The game can't make the distinction between someone just quitting the match manually and someone who lost connection. Therefore, any kind of penalty will also hit players who disconnect, and that's not cool. Even if BioWare could figure out how to make that distinction, then players would just start pulling the plug to leave matches to avoid the penalty.

GuillimanT
11.25.2012 , 03:43 AM | #14
Just give a 1h debuff: -50% commendations and valour earned.

Baptes
11.25.2012 , 03:45 AM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by TheronFett View Post

The game can't make the distinction between someone just quitting the match manually and someone who lost connection. Therefore, any kind of penalty will also hit players who disconnect, and that's not cool. Even if BioWare could figure out how to make that distinction, then players would just start pulling the plug to leave matches to avoid the penalty.
Yeah I crash constantly since 1.4. Should I be penalized for a known memory leak on their end that I have zero control over? I think not.

And if they did, I'd seriously reconsider keeping my sub.

Sadishist
11.25.2012 , 04:01 AM | #16

Disconnections should be the player's responsibility. Regardless, the penalty is only temporary, shouldn't affect people who disconnect once a while versus someone who leaves intentionally.

TheronFett
11.25.2012 , 10:02 AM | #17
This will never be implemented, because it is a bad idea. Period. There's really no point to even having a discussion about it.

While it can be frustrating to have players leave the match, it's not the end of the world. Worst case scenario, your team loses the match. You were probably going to lose anyway, which is why people left in the first place.

Utorian
11.25.2012 , 10:12 AM | #18
This will never be implemented, because it is a bad idea. Period. There's really no point to even having a discussion about it.

While it can be frustrating to have players leave the match, it's not the end of the world. Worst case scenario, your team loses the match. You were probably going to lose anyway, which is why people left in the first place.
I've had far too many games that I can remember where things start to look bad. The lamers quit and within minutes the game gets turned round to be a win, sometimes even before a new player has joined.

At the end of the day those that quit need to be penalized for doing so, and if people cant handle losing **** of PvP. Take your licks from a loss and learn from it. Its the only way you get better.

Many other games ive played have this system in place, works a treat. However to do this you also then have to put in an afk system, or the issue that someone has mentioned in this thread of guys tucking away in the corner walking into walls becomes the new leave WZ on loss.

30 min deserter debuff and option to boot AFK'ers. Shouldnt be hard to put in as the AFK option already in place and the deserter debuff is in place on the group finder just move it to PvP aswell.

Sadishist
11.25.2012 , 04:23 PM | #19
Yes they those who expect the team to carry them then leave their spot open for new joiners in the queue to enter a losing match that they had no control over prior to joining.

rpeplins
11.25.2012 , 09:24 PM | #20
I think that you shouldn't be able to requeue until the match you left is over. Plus a 5 minute penalty. If you feel like you can't take another round of Huttball, or ACW, or whatever, and have "better things to do", then you should do those things until the warzone finishes.