Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

The Bastion DPS Leaderboard.


paowee's Avatar


paowee
12.06.2012 , 06:05 PM | #101
Quote: Originally Posted by Ghobe View Post
Holy hell he misses a lot....though I suppose that's that gunslinger offhand eh?
hrm...uses snipe often-ish...has interrogation probe...maintains shatter...prevents dots from ever becoming weak...has the extra explosives after explosive probe blows...interesting...have no idea what the sniper equivalent of burning force is...unless that's the dread guard relic...did quite a large number of rifle shots...hrm...
Re: some of your statements:
100% DoT uptime a must
DG relic
That's a lowest Rifle Shot count possible for the spec.

I've been tweaking around with Hybrid for a month now and have not figured out a sustainable rotation until recently. The "supposed" rotation over at sithwarrior is not sustainable. I was about to give up when i simC'd the spec and figured out a rotation from there. I saw a parse he posted and we've been talking since then. One thing for sure is we have almost identical ability priority lists, save for Shattershot which he keeps up.. and as for me I always forget to use it. He also taught me how to bump up the DPS average in torparse .

There's a lot of variance as far as rotation because what ability you use depends on how much energy you get back from your crits. And i'm currently ****blocked by my crit chance.

Quote:
Re: Snipe
Lazed Shot Snipe takes the place of Ambush because using Ambush more often than not yields, 3 results
1) Cap your energy
2) Delay your Cull by 0.5 - 1 second
3) If your Cull is delayed, you will not have enough energy to refresh your DoTs while staying above 60.
Unless you have a crap ton of Crit.
Republic < Intrepid > The Harbinger slinger sage vanguard dps
swtorboard.org dps blog.class guides.end-game stuff
16 man | 8 man DPS leaderboards | Galactic Starfighter Records

paowee's Avatar


paowee
12.06.2012 , 06:24 PM | #102
Quote: Originally Posted by Ghobe View Post
Might have to respec...might need to see if I can switch out a rifle shot for a snipe some times...but I don't think I can...hrm...
If you're using Rifle Shot, I assume you are regening energy? If you are doing that then Snipe is the last ability you want to use. It costs 20 energy..
Republic < Intrepid > The Harbinger slinger sage vanguard dps
swtorboard.org dps blog.class guides.end-game stuff
16 man | 8 man DPS leaderboards | Galactic Starfighter Records

Ghobe's Avatar


Ghobe
12.06.2012 , 06:37 PM | #103
waaaait a minute...he doesn't use weakening blast...and since he never does weak bleeds...I'm going to guess he dropped lingering toxins too...and that would explain how he has both interrogation probe and cluster bombs...i'm going to guess the 2 points I have in steady shots moves to stroke of genius...dammit...I'm going to need more buttons on my keyboard for this...

And I must do my rotation differently than you guys...like vastly differently...my energy never caps during ambush unless I have adrenaline probe active.
Shatter->Dart->Grenade->Target Acquired+Weakening Blast->Cull->Series of Shots->Ambush->Cull->Explosive->Rifle->Dart->Grenade->Weakening Blast->Cull->Orbital Strike->Ambush/Series of Shots->Cull->Adrenaline Probe->Repeat-ish
Which after a quick dummy test has resulted in not as nice numbers so...hrmph...

EDIT: And I suppose for reference I sit at 400 crit rating and 2051 cunning :\
Highest Parses: 2304 DPS 2439 DPS 2553 DPS
Ranked: #12 Zorn & Toth Nightmare #21 Writhing Horror Hard
Records updated last: 12/18/12.

paowee's Avatar


paowee
12.06.2012 , 06:42 PM | #104
Quote: Originally Posted by Ghobe View Post
waaaait a minute...he doesn't use weakening blast...and since he never does weak bleeds...I'm going to guess he dropped lingering toxins too...and that would explain how he has both interrogation probe and cluster bombs...i'm going to guess the 2 points I have in steady shots moves to stroke of genius...dammit...I'm going to need more buttons on my keyboard for this...

And I must do my rotation differently than you guys...like vastly differently...my energy never caps during ambush unless I have adrenaline probe active.
Shatter->Dart->Grenade->Target Acquired+Weakening Blast->Cull->Series of Shots->Ambush->Cull->Explosive->Rifle->Dart->Grenade->Weakening Blast->Cull->Orbital Strike->Ambush/Series of Shots->Cull->Adrenaline Probe->Repeat-ish
Which after a quick dummy test has resulted in not as nice numbers so...hrmph...
Not using the 2/8/31 Lethality. I'm using (or we're using) 2/16/23 Hybrid. There's no thread about it over at sithwarrior and discussion about the spec surfaces for a split second then vanishes right after. It's like no one wants to run it...

We're not on the same page here. You have a different rotation because you have a different spec >_<
Republic < Intrepid > The Harbinger slinger sage vanguard dps
swtorboard.org dps blog.class guides.end-game stuff
16 man | 8 man DPS leaderboards | Galactic Starfighter Records

Ghobe's Avatar


Ghobe
12.06.2012 , 06:47 PM | #105
Quote: Originally Posted by paowee View Post
Not using the 2/8/31 Lethality. I'm using (or we're using) 2/16/23 Hybrid. There's no thread about it over at sithwarrior and discussion about the spec surfaces for a split second then vanishes right after. It's like no one wants to run it...

We're not on the same page here. You have a different rotation because you have a different spec >_<;. There is no weakening blast or weak bleeds in Hybrid.
I understand that, but the hybrid seems to expend even more energy than what I currently do.

Assuming this is 2/16/23.

So I suppose the cluster bombs help with energy regen too...hmm.
Highest Parses: 2304 DPS 2439 DPS 2553 DPS
Ranked: #12 Zorn & Toth Nightmare #21 Writhing Horror Hard
Records updated last: 12/18/12.

paowee's Avatar


paowee
12.06.2012 , 06:55 PM | #106
Quote: Originally Posted by Ghobe View Post
I understand that, but the hybrid seems to expend even more energy than what I currently do.

Assuming this is 2/16/23.

So I suppose the cluster bombs help with energy regen too...hmm.
It is very energy intensive yes.. We're going vastly off the OP's topic. Let's chat / whisper me in game instead: B'oarder B'oard Antoninus
Republic < Intrepid > The Harbinger slinger sage vanguard dps
swtorboard.org dps blog.class guides.end-game stuff
16 man | 8 man DPS leaderboards | Galactic Starfighter Records

Ghobe's Avatar


Ghobe
12.06.2012 , 06:57 PM | #107
As if Vexo's threads don't always go offtopic xP
Highest Parses: 2304 DPS 2439 DPS 2553 DPS
Ranked: #12 Zorn & Toth Nightmare #21 Writhing Horror Hard
Records updated last: 12/18/12.

paowee's Avatar


paowee
12.06.2012 , 06:58 PM | #108
Err as per OP, reposting with proper format:

Name: B'oarder
Guild Name: Diabolic
Spec+class: Lethality/Engineering Sniper
Link to parse: 0-8 minutes http://www.torparse.com/a/65876/time...735/1354741258
With Attack Adrenal, No bloodthirst
Republic < Intrepid > The Harbinger slinger sage vanguard dps
swtorboard.org dps blog.class guides.end-game stuff
16 man | 8 man DPS leaderboards | Galactic Starfighter Records

ElyvnFrenzy's Avatar


ElyvnFrenzy
12.08.2012 , 09:05 PM | #109
If your wondering why wales isn't full Dirtyfighting(lethality) its due to a little imbalance. The middle tree dot for gunslingers (shock charge) affects wounding shots. Where as the Sniper middle tree dot (interrogation probe) does NOT affect cull.

Classicks's Avatar


Classicks
12.09.2012 , 11:45 AM | #110
Quote: Originally Posted by paowee View Post
P.S. As soon as my guild.. comes back from holiday/casual mode hopefully I can start getting my BiS and push the parses again.. unless anyone from the server can make Keen Mods already >__<
We've got a guy in guild who can
The Fusebox Legacy
Fusebaux \ Comeback \ Compel \ Fuse-box
<INTREPID> The Harbinger
PvE Scoundrel Healing Guide