Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

What's up with the recruit gear LI HM queuing?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Flashpoints, Operations, and Heroic Missions
What's up with the recruit gear LI HM queuing?

uniz
11.24.2012 , 01:04 PM | #11
lack of knowledge is the main reason. also many ex wow players are used to its lfd mechanic on allowing or not people into certain content. player knowledge has been dumbed down a lot over the years with addons, in game mechanics, websites and such but that is a whole book in itself. all of us now must deal with wows ex player base however.

whether or not recruit gear is good enough is a debatable topic as lag, spec and player skill will play a higher role than gear. a unskilled player who cant learn the mechanics will never clear the zone unless carried despite how well geared he is.

personally i feel information which bioware wants to provide is a step in the right direction on this issue. allowing or not allowing will and has taught players nothing and will only perpetuate the problem and not solve it.

AidanLightwalker
11.24.2012 , 03:10 PM | #12
I'm sorry but most fresh 50's coming in with recruit gear have little to no idea on how the fights go and most of the time leveled up as pvp vs pve. True story. Tbese people have a pvp play style thwt can be seen a mile a way. Lone rangers, don't follow the tanks lead, wrong target priorities and the list goes on and on. The recruit gear has so much expertise on it, that it is NOT the same as Columi. A pve player nows this. They have been preparing for this three levels before 50. Having people que for LI HM in recruit gear is the same thing as all pve geared people jumping in to war zones.

I'll take your recuit geared players into LI HM when you take my Columi geared smuggler into ranked warzones.
Even the smallest of light sources can light up the darkness.
Nyren - Combat Sentinel Ewenn - Shield Vanguard
Kyrenn - Scoundrel SawbonesSyrenn - Telekinetics Sage

Slowpokeking
11.24.2012 , 07:35 PM | #13
Finally beat it today, took 3 hours and switched many players.

AshlaBoga
11.24.2012 , 08:57 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by AidanLightwalker View Post
I'm sorry but most fresh 50's coming in with recruit gear have little to no idea on how the fights go and most of the time leveled up as pvp vs pve. True story. Tbese people have a pvp play style thwt can be seen a mile a way. Lone rangers, don't follow the tanks lead, wrong target priorities and the list goes on and on. The recruit gear has so much expertise on it, that it is NOT the same as Columi. A pve player nows this. They have been preparing for this three levels before 50. Having people que for LI HM in recruit gear is the same thing as all pve geared people jumping in to war zones.

I'll take your recuit geared players into LI HM when you take my Columi geared smuggler into ranked warzones.
Maybe, but I'll take someone on an alt if they're good at HM LI on their main. If someone can faceroll HM LI on their Columi geared character why not let them try it on their recruit geared character?

It's not impossible to beat HM LI in a gear with ONLY Recruit gear, although it's certainly less boring than doing it in full Columi
Typhojem Legacy, Jung Ma server
VICIOUS
Lord of Corruption