Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Gamebreaking behaviour within hardmode flashpoints

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Flashpoints, Operations, and Heroic Missions
Gamebreaking behaviour within hardmode flashpoints

todorovh
11.24.2012 , 11:36 PM | #31
Quote: Originally Posted by AidanLightwalker View Post
I hate when people skip. There are a dozen reasons not to:

1.) Daily comms drop off most mini bosses and some main bosses. Right now, almost everyone can benifit from daily comms. The list of things to buy and why are just to many to list.

2.). Every boss drops at least tionese crystals. Off hand weapons are cheap, 14 comms and 20 crystals (I think) and sell for 12.5k. Most runs will net you enough to buy at least 2. That's 25k, more than you get for the daily it's self.

3.). All the trash loot that can be sold to boost your income. With alot of playerd complaining about being poor, I don't know why more people are maximizeing thier credits potential.

4.). BoEs that can be sold from bosses and trash loot. Not to mention chances on Columi implants and ear pieces that can be dropped. Could be sold or go to companions. I personally love to send them to alts. Help get them into flashpoints without being a leeching scrub in recruit gear.

5.). Legacy xp. I know, some people don't care. But some do.

You see, there are alot of reasons to do all the bosses and clear the content. Notice that those are all selfish reasons and helping people gear up wasn't even mentioned. The next time you want to be selfish, at least do it right. And o yeah, bio and scavaging can get mats in the runs that they can either sell or make crafted goods for use or resale.

My #1 reason to not skip: needless wipes thwt cost me credits. >
Name ONE flashpoint which drops 14 Tionese Commendations ( or actually 28 as you claim ) per RUN.

Icestar
11.25.2012 , 02:21 AM | #32
Quote: Originally Posted by todorovh View Post
First of all that "loot"" you're after that drops on skippable bosses is WORSE then the FREE recruit set every single 50 gets these days.
I have seen players need and equip things those extra bosses drop several times, they does not always drop blue stuff. Sometimes it is very useful items way better then the recruitarmour they are wearing.

Anyway on the subject - here's my thought - how about you learn to respect the people who are there to get their daily 5 comms and have outgeared those encounters months ago ? If the majority of the group wants to skip through the conversations and bosses ... then you either go with them or leave ( get kicked ).
Respect works both ways. I always ask in the beginning of instance and trying to set some "ground rules" what will be valid throughout the flashpoint. Do not be surprised that most of the players that lack respect are those "fast runners". Those players can come up with all sorts of insults and bad language without any actual reason. The flashpoint might take 5-10 minute longer then expected due to either one or two extra bosskillings, but some like to start a drama instead ending in getting themselves kicked. To help is always good, to whine less good.

They also do not express in advance that all the cutscenes are to be spacebared through, they simply start screaming "SPACEBAR" sometime in the middle of the flashpoint and is obviously upset about how "noobish" everyone is that cant find a spacebar on a keyboard.

To answer your statement about "learn to respect", I respect all players and I expect the same in return. Luckily the team does not vote out the one asking for a extra bosskill, it is usually the jerk behaving badly that gets the boot.

If you want to kill everything THAT badly find a group of likeminded people and stop QQing on the forums. You already have the option to kill everything, why should the rest of us NOT have the option to SKIP ?

Are you THAT special ?
Read my original post again and please come back with a more constructive answer. I do not know how to begin to answer what you just wrote.

Remember that flashpoints is a team effort, one cant just run away skipping mobs and one cant solo the heroic boss alone. There needs to be some kind of understanding from the start unless it is going to end with someone getting upset, because they EXPECTED the group to work in a certain way. What I talk about is that the community needs to be aware that some actually thinks that "fast runs" and "boss skipping" are standard nowdays and I would like to point out that in my post.

NrDLeipe
11.25.2012 , 03:52 AM | #33
I as a tank can understand the skipping especially now a days.
With the new hk questline alot of people are doing foundry hm, you can skip a boss there and if im there i skip it, why?
Cause if done the place over and over again the last weeks ( useing random gf so cant shut it out wont get my comms) if i can go true it as fast as possible i will do that.

On the otherhand if some 1 needs the drop i always kill the boss then but 90% skips it without a word cause the recruit gear you get for free is alrdy bttr then most drops.

And at icestar [quote]

Remember that flashpoints is a team effort, one cant just run away skipping mobs and one cant solo the heroic boss alone.

im an assassin tank full campaigne dread gear , you have no idea how much i can solo.
The wrath of the empire knows no bounds

DMSL
11.25.2012 , 03:58 AM | #34
I am also annoyed by this, jumping over crates, walking over ledges, running to get past a droid/group that takes 15 seconds to kill, only to be raged upon if you pull it by sneaking around. I mean come on enough with the lazy behaviour. If you are so worried that something gets pulled kill it. As for bosses they need to be killed period. I don't understand why Bioware did not create a mechanic that requires you to kill all.

A while back i did a Black Talon HM run on a fresh 50 alt, already had a lot of custom gear and 50 mods, but needed more upgrades. The tank didn't want to kill all bosses so we skipped two. I really wanted to kill them as i needed the crafting mat. The tank said he didn't need it, yet when we killed the last boss and the mat dropped there, he needed on it. Have people gone mad?

Seriously this is an MMO, a social game, please stop being selfish.

Icestar
11.25.2012 , 06:15 AM | #35
Quote: Originally Posted by NrDLeipe View Post
im an assassin tank full campaigne dread gear , you have no idea how much i can solo.
Then dont use groupfinder, go your own way and solo what you like but if you use groupfinder it is a team effort

Icestar
11.25.2012 , 06:24 AM | #36
Quote: Originally Posted by DMSL View Post
As for bosses they need to be killed period. I don't understand why Bioware did not create a mechanic that requires you to kill all.

A while back i did a Black Talon HM run on a fresh 50 alt, already had a lot of custom gear and 50 mods, but needed more upgrades. The tank didn't want to kill all bosses so we skipped two. I really wanted to kill them as i needed the crafting mat. The tank said he didn't need it, yet when we killed the last boss and the mat dropped there, he needed on it. Have people gone mad?

Seriously this is an MMO, a social game, please stop being selfish.
Yes that is why I write here, I have seen this disturbing behaviour a while now. Players that expects "fast runs" from the start in heroic flashpoints and when they dont get that they either leave or start a drama about it. What is 5 extra minutes compared to a good upgrade for a player.......

cheddarisbetter
11.25.2012 , 11:53 AM | #37
My alt just reached 50 the other day, and I wanted to progress him vs hust handing him a stack of legacy gear. Call me silly but I enjoy having loot drop I actually can need on. I was vote kicked on last boss on directive 7 today for asking to kill the boss prior. Not to mention all the lovely noob bashing I was getting for working on my rotation, so glad I wasted 40 minutes just to get kicked, has everyone forgot what it was like to be a fresh 50?

Icestar
11.25.2012 , 01:16 PM | #38
Quote: Originally Posted by cheddarisbetter View Post
My alt just reached 50 the other day, and I wanted to progress him vs hust handing him a stack of legacy gear. Call me silly but I enjoy having loot drop I actually can need on. I was vote kicked on last boss on directive 7 today for asking to kill the boss prior. Not to mention all the lovely noob bashing I was getting for working on my rotation, so glad I wasted 40 minutes just to get kicked, has everyone forgot what it was like to be a fresh 50?
Then you are one among the many that gets in the way of this stupid behaviour of "elitists" only chasing comms.

I am sorry you had a bad experience, hopefully the next one will be less painful. Remember to report EVERY insult or harrassment they might pull off, that kind of behaviour does not belong in this game.

I wish good luck with your next teams, hopefully they are more decent players and understand

phagerx
11.25.2012 , 01:45 PM | #39
I skip as much as possible, doing hm fp's is booring enough. want my comms then enough with it already.

If you guys want to kill all the bosses/trash w/e find a group using the chat that wants to do the same.

cheddarisbetter
11.25.2012 , 02:23 PM | #40
Quote: Originally Posted by phagerx View Post
I skip as much as possible, doing hm fp's is booring enough. want my comms then enough with it already.

If you guys want to kill all the bosses/trash w/e find a group using the chat that wants to do the same.
So according you you group finder tool is reserved for speed runs. Why don't you use gen chat for your comm runs and let us find a group. Pretty sure that's what it is used for...